Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Funcom

Default Frustrated with Funcom

im writing this because of past events and present events around the company, not the game itself, last example is the apparent server maintenance that also made some changes in the game, this is not new...
    funcom constantly reports to us one or two lines of changes (except for class revamp), then we login and see that lots of other things have been changed (aka, ninja fixes), we, in majority desire and vote for ourselves, by opening a certain thread, asking to change something inside the game that is affecting everyone and no one likes it (pvp stuff mainly), increasing/decreasing difficulty in pve group fights without us knowing about (most of the cases), etc etc etc, theres too much to say here about the ninja changes that should be reported (some of them i understand they are not required)..

im a bit mad right now simply because of last server maintenance changing stuff in the game like the res window order and no one told us anything, it something simple and too worry too much i know that, but im just sick of it, because sometimes those little things affects a lot...

im an IT engineer in real life (codding, designing, analising, reporting, etc on software stuff) and if i fail any thing i screw the company image with the client and potential clients for future projects, meaning the client will simply choose another company to create their software or new clients will not come to the company i represent, but also it affects my image very very hard - i can stay out of job even...

so, i dont understand this lack of communication between a company and clients (us, community), i never saw a game or even a software that brings more bugs that solves its issues (not even windows)

they created the best MMO, thats true!!! but the rest seems like lack of respect for clients/users and joking with the money that i gladly give them to improve things in the game because i like the game and lore and i am fan of CONAN himself

WHY FUNCOM??? why do you have some much creativity do develop this and other great games (TSW, longest journey for example) and at the same time, why do you dont care about us?
    why do you constantly put yourselves in the image of the world's WORSE SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT COMPANY?
    dont say its the money or the lack of personal, those are excuses to simply create documentation about changes (both for clients and for programmers)
    do the developers just program, create and throw it live, with no technical documentation?? because its the only reason a patch brings more bugs than fixes (no coordination, documentation)
    it is no require an engineer to do that stuff like i do, and a bit of experience helps out (dont say different teams of devs are always joining and so on, thats not an excuse if technical info about the game is available)

so, for me the reason this company is so bad at basically everything related to software is the BIG BOSSES faults, not the artists (amazing job btw), not the devs (they program yes, but they have to response to superiors), not the forum moderators (nothing to do with the game/company itself)

sorry for this long wall text, but i need to get enraged about this a say it to someone (FUNCOM)...

Edited by Arishanya to remove flaming remarks. Remember to adhere to the Social Guidelines when posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 8th April 2013 at 15:31.

All the original creators of the game have long gone (by the middle of 2009). Including Gaute. The gaming community is on a whole like a small squirrel hopped up on red bull and steroids... it just runs around frantically searching for the cool new mmo and after it grinds it to death it moves on.

Conan is and was made for PvP why the developers never grasped this fact and really pour their talents into this one aspect of the game is beyond me. They just look at the stats of what xyz instance is being done over and over and go "hey that's what they want!" Hence why the visionary Gaute left a long long time ago.

I really hope english is your second language.

As a programmer you would know you never touch/write code until you have your pseudo code written (something I don't think Funcom knows about)that way your recipe is correct and you only need to cook the ingredients. Once Funcom programmers have this a change log could easily be compiled before any programming takes place.

I agree with you mostly, we the customer are entitled to know what Funcom is doing to our product.

We want change logs, use the AOC launcher even.

Quote Originally Posted by McFiend View Post
    I really hope english is your second language.
    if i don't understand english, i'm screwed in programming

Quote Originally Posted by McFiend View Post
    As a programmer you would know you never touch/write code until you have your pseudo code written (something I don't think Funcom knows about)that way your recipe is correct and you only need to cook the ingredients. Once Funcom programmers have this a change log could easily be compiled before any programming takes place.
    exactly, good planning is more important than the code it self!!!

Check your in box for your current....
    Perception is everything, and yours doesnt matter.

in before LOCK ~ that's about as relevant to this thread as the thread itself

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    im writing this because ...

sorry for this long wall text)...
    Apology accepted ~

FUNCOM follows all the same protocols most larger companies do but because you didn't get the memo you're Angry?

FUNCOM is full of the best and brightest in the business - that is all.
    Last edited by Mustaine; 8th April 2013 at 07:20.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    All the original creators of the game have long gone (by the middle of 2009). Including Gaute. The gaming community is on a whole like a small squirrel hopped up on red bull and steroids... it just runs around frantically searching for the cool new mmo and after it grinds it to death it moves on.

Conan is and was made for PvP why the developers never grasped this fact and really pour their talents into this one aspect of the game is beyond me. They just look at the stats of what xyz instance is being done over and over and go "hey that's what they want!" Hence why the visionary Gaute left a long long time ago.
    AoC was made as a PvE game with PvP tacked on to it. Gaute on the other hand sold it as a PvP game with PvE tacked on to it. Gaute left/was fired because he launched a game that was unplayable.

Time to get of that Gaute thing once and for all. His legacy in the game are faulty code still effing the system core and an unparalleled fail launch. That's about it. None of his ideas were ever possible to execute in this game simply because the system could not do them. He might have had a vision, but it wasn't a vision ever possible to do in AoC.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Well the truth is that the "new" resurrection window order is annoying as hell. How can a "maintenance fix" change something like that is beyond my comprehension...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Neglecting the pvp community was a HUGE part in this game going South population wise.

pve the focus? Where do you even get that from? This combat system is made for pvp, not hitting stationary mobs.

Why this thread derailing in another PvE vs PvP war ?
    Last edited by Arishanya; 8th April 2013 at 15:35.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast