Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos' Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Edited by SciIti : That was uncalled for... Twink was spot on. Don't bother then ~

It's not arrogance that fuels my posts ~ the OP and Twink made some good points ~

Edited by SciIti : take courage to ignore my warning and just post such comments .. but this will be the last public warning.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Awesome ! Thanx ~ let me rephrase ; the Original Poster and Twink made some great points ~ in fact we, as a community, are being guilted by the fact that we're suppose to somehow except that we should be thankful for posts from FUNCOM ~ please, by all means, keep up the business practice ~ lol

Love the game ~ even with its gimped PvP and lack of promised content ~ I'm one of your biggest advocates ~ and a straight shooter that will speak my mind until unable ~ I feel I have been quite cordial in these forums ~ perhaps the "unchained" should be removed from the forum title above ?
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    DOnt worry. This so called "career" man seems to need that title. everyone needs and can have holidays. just stupid idiots are working everyday without breaks. dont matter if you are a GD, a programmer or just the charwoman. maybe you should hire him to be in the forums 7/24 and if hes not, you are free to kick his ass.

@twinkelz some customers are assh.oles. period. Just because someone is a customer doesnt mean he can humiliate others, can be arrogant and everyone has to listen to him. Just because in our modern times there are so many whimps in buisness that cant sell without a behaviour like this so amny customers really believe they can act like they want.

it is very refreshing to see, that joel can handle scumbacks like that.
    Have to agree 110% there!
    No Guts No Glory!

Does Sciti's cat like Anzu's cat?

Quote Originally Posted by moridin1 View Post
    Have to agree 110% there!
    That's two people that don't get it then ...

... Remember this; at no time did any of us "A-Holes" stoop to name calling as a few of you have done ~ paying customers with a back-bone; that's what we are ~ I respect the GD reponse and that he told us what's up as a straight shooter ~ just a shame it was portrayed like we should be lucky to hear from them

My fingers are crossed for the great changes RoS mentioned ...
    Last edited by Mustaine; 4th April 2013 at 19:46.

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    That's two people that don't get it then ...

... Remember this; at no time did any of us "A-Holes" stoop to name calling as a few of you have done ~ paying customers with a back-bone; that's what we are ~ I respect the GD reponse and that he told us what's up as a straight shooter ~ just a shame it was portrayed like we should be lucky to hear from them
    bottom line, people's expectations for the game and and the game director are way way too high.

I guess I understand why he showed up immediately, but then reality probably set in...

The difference : I warn before slashing.

But there are no love between us since we are alway fighting for the best prey

we should be thankful for posts from FUNCOM

For "official communication process" (post from FUNCOM) you have to look at twitters, website, news, etc..

Joel share with you community members with his personnal account by his own will on his spare time because he love the games he work on and want to share with you all.
    It's communication from a passionate man with the passionate community, don't search the company-customers relationship in thoses posts and remind that Joel is not the community manager for Funcom, totally different job here.
    This is why you are lucky to have a game director coming to the fan community to talk with us, it's a rare thing since usually games community only receive talks from the game creators through interviews or officials announcements, usually double checked by marketing and community managements. Here he is coming on his own will to talk with us, not as a part of his job.

He have tryed to explain that again and again : this is not a part from his job, he's not doing it for the customers but for the people that love the game like him.

When he will talk to you as the official voice, you will likely receive it as "The Game Director Letter" and it will be avaiable from the officials way (see above, CM announcements, website news, Twitters official page, etc..).
    Or he will specify himself that his post is an "Official Announcement from the Game Director etc.." something like that.
    Last edited by SciIti; 4th April 2013 at 20:00.

The GD is absolutely correct he is under no obligation to post or even take part in the forums in any way at all. But also the customers are not obligated to pay for the game in the future either.

There has to be a balance and at the current time I am finding it harder and harder to find reasons to continue with a subscription and posts like that do not help especially combined with the lack of updates the game is seeing.

He JUST got into the position , he is doing triple the work Craig did (3 games to deal with) at the same time he has his budget cut, his staff fired, moving thousands of miles to NC, dealing with TSW 6 issues AND finds time to placate the forum community.

He is one man, one man without even his whole team in one place! Give him some time.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    He JUST got into the position , he is doing triple the work Craig did (3 games to deal with) at the same time he has his budget cut, his staff fired, moving thousands of miles to NC, dealing with TSW 6 issues AND finds time to placate the forum community.

He is one man, one man without even his whole team in one place! Give him some time.
    Sorry I do not care what the company is going threw no more than what Burger King is going threw the only question is if they can deliver a quality product that I want to continue to take part in.... What issues they have behind the scenes is not my concern, and if they wish to continue being a viable company than they will not try and push that concern onto their customers.

Come up with a schedule of when things will be done or even a schedule for when a schedule will be done and keep us informed on progress.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

All THIS and, as you put it, he has such great things coming down the pipe that we should feel compelled to subscribe ?

This is a dead thread ~ we get it ~ we're lucky he talks to us at all

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast