Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Item budget makes me scratch my head

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    This is just terrible advice.

LL Battlements Legs with hate and crit are amazing.

A DT that is trying to use a chest or legs without Crit rating on it is going to find themselves having significantly lower DPS and aggro than one with. I would go so far as to say they will have rubbish aggro.

Black Dragon helm is excellent, but the chest and legs are fairly poor due to lack of crit.

Two other less directly obvious issues are the lack of hit rating (crucial for T4) and the lack of critigation, which you seem to dismiss.
    You're seriously gonna try to tank t4 without any prot? Although, I guess you're looking at it from the perspective of a DT who already has a ton of prot. Like my post said for dt's or conqs a mix of BD +khitai purples. For guards, I have not seen a t4 tanking guard wear anything else but full t3 with an assortment of some khitai accessories and/or t3 accessories.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 2nd April 2013 at 12:10.

I see some juggs trying to tank T4 and T3.5 for that matter in T3 guard set and/or bda. Epîc failure due to total lack of significant amount of hit rating, just the most important stat for higher tiers, yes, even before crit rating.

I'm tanking T4 with conq dt and guard and the times i used to equip BDA or T3 guard set was for emperor, Lu Zhi and projections, that's it. Rest is khitan purples all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by llathander View Post
    (...)
    The example I can think of off the top of my head is Kakaba Guide and Set's Potency.

Kakaba Guide: +85 Str, +56 Con, +65 Critical Damage Rating

Set's Potency: +86 Str, + 72 Con
    (...)
    Con is a very expencive stat, this you see best on the t4 mage talismans.

Crit damage is a cheap stat, often it looks like it is used just to get items to budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah
    T4 melee cloak has better dps and crits, but no str - do you really need that ~160 armor when you're dpsing? Full T4 gear provides much more armour than T3/faction - it will easily cover that difference.
    First you say 160 armor is not that much, then you say there is a big diffrence between armorsets T3 and T4, for the guardian T4 has 222 more armor than T3(that is including strenght bonuses)... not that much right, or is it...

Back on the topic of item budget i dont see any big problems for the most part, only thing is i think crit is too cheap and maybe all the base stats are a bit expencive.

For most of the khitai gear you have very little base stats and that is why they could fit so many cheaper secondary stats on them, the exception is the wolf set that almost only got the base stats and you can see how expencive that is by how few secondary stats they provide.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    You're seriously gonna try to tank t4 without any prot? Although, I guess you're looking at it from the perspective of a DT who already has a ton of prot. Like my post said for dt's or conqs a mix of BD +khitai purples. For guards, I have not seen a t4 tanking guard wear anything else but full t3 with an assortment of some khitai accessories and/or t3 accessories.
    Only one fight before Memory Cloud requires any protection, the rest are all physical fights - and in that fight you can take a role that requires no protection too, if you'd like. Memory Cloud itself has either 1 or 2 protection fights, both of which can be basically solo tanked.

You have taken a strawman spin on what I have said. Nowhere did I say that I will tank T4 without protection, though you have attempted to assert that I had. I do disagree with what you wrote earlier, however, that Khitai gear is poor or there is 'little use' to it. Frankly, Khitai gear is better than any physical suit of raid gear you can find.

When almost every fight in T4 is a physical fight, and someone is recommending raid gear that does not carry crit on it for chest and legs (nor sufficient hit rating), that is very poor advice.

By the way, I principally play a Conqueror in T4, and even still would be loathe to run a set of armour that doesn't carry crit on head/chest/legs. I used the example of a DT because the difference between raid armour and khitai is stupendously wide.
    Last edited by Boesch; 2nd April 2013 at 12:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Only one fight before Memory Cloud requires any protection, the rest are all physical fights - and in that fight you can take a role that requires no protection too, if you'd like. Memory Cloud itself has either 1 or 2 protection fights, both of which can be basically solo tanked.

You have taken a strawman spin on what I have said. Nowhere did I say that I will tank T4 without protection, though you have attempted to assert that I had. I do disagree with what you wrote earlier, however, that Khitai gear is poor or there is 'little use' to it. Frankly, Khitai gear is better than any physical suit of raid gear you can find.

When almost every fight in T4 is a physical fight, and someone is recommending raid gear that does not carry crit on it for chest and legs (nor sufficient hit rating), that is very poor advice.

By the way, I principally play a Conqueror in T4, and even still would be loathe to run a set of armour that doesn't carry crit on head/chest/legs. I used the example of a DT because the difference between raid armour and khitai is stupendously wide.
    Again like I said I'm looking at it from more of a guards perspective and as said in my original post most conqs/dt's I see in t4 are in a mix of BD + khitai purples.

I don't worry too much about hit rating since I polearm tank now(as a guard) .. actually the only bar that I fixate on nowadays is my green bar more so then anything else. The single best armor for a guard in the game is t3 it's insanely good and only lacks critigation(but mitigation trumps critigation in most fights).. I only have a full khit purple set only to do k6's with friends.

I know it takes a boatload more time to get full t3 or even main pieces for BD rather then just using your vet point and grabbing off the shelf khitai purples but IMHO there is no substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    First you say 160 armor is not that much, then you say there is a big diffrence between armorsets T3 and T4, for the guardian T4 has 222 more armor than T3(that is including strenght bonuses)... not that much right, or is it...
    I was talking about full T4 gear, including jewelry and weapons - the total is closer to 400. Some if someone is fixated on armour (despite being useless for dpsers), T4 is not worse than other sets and provides more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Again like I said I'm looking at it from more of a guards perspective and as said in my original post most conqs/dt's I see in t4 are in a mix of BD + khitai purples.

I don't worry too much about hit rating since I polearm tank now(as a guard) .. actually the only bar that I fixate on nowadays is my green bar more so then anything else. The single best armor for a guard in the game is t3 it's insanely good and only lacks critigation(but mitigation trumps critigation in most fights).. I only have a full khit purple set only to do k6's with friends.

I know it takes a boatload more time to get full t3 or even main pieces for BD rather then just using your vet point and grabbing off the shelf khitai purples but IMHO there is no substitute.
    Not even close to right. You won't see conqs/dts in BD armor unless they are on a projection or the emperor or maybe luzhi, or they don't have the pieces yet. T4 is vastly superior for all 3 soldier classes.

And it doesn't matter what perspective you're taking. Regular Khitai gear is superior to either guard or BD armor in most respects for physical damage gear, for both dps and aggro, and the huge hit rating difference. Protection and a extra health is the advantage of T3, which isn't an issue on most K6 or in T4 til you get to the emperor.
    Last edited by Chillee; 2nd April 2013 at 13:43.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12