Thread: Returned today after

Default Returned today after

being gone since 6 months after release. Yes I know there will be just maintenance not significant new content but I enjoy leveling and relearning the world and can probably go a year just getting various classes and races up to maximum level without worrying about exhausting all the high level content there is now. Granted population is likely to shrink but lower population also means tighter communities.

Created one of each archtype to have one of each race and will bum around fairly slowly relearning the game. Conqueror, Priest of Mitra, Assassin and Necromancer. I prefer ranged combat to melee and went for that where I could. I was never great at combat requiring fast reflexes for combinations and each year I get worse. But getting older sure beats the alternative.

This post is mostly just to say hello - as an old school carebear I'm on Crom. If anyone feels my choice of classes is questionable I will welcome suggestions - all four are now level 1 so no great investment. For example if assassin is significantly more reflex-based than barbarian and a bad choice for an older, slower player. Or if necromancer ...what is the slang these days ....sucks. The character creation page didn't give much basis for choosing between that and demonologist. Both looked pretty ...evil (not a plus) and both seem to have pets but I am well aware that in this mythos the mage classes ARE somewhat evil it rather goes with the territory.

Anyway <waves left hand> hello all.

Welcome back to Hyboria.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Welcome back.

If you really prefer ranged combat, then a ranger may be more to your liking than the assassin. It no longer is the ranger of release - using combos like melee classes - it was 'revamped' in 2011 and now plays more like a caster class.

Thanks - I had noticed a comment or two about that revamp browsing the forums but hadn't realized just what it had done.

One day here reminds me that this was one of the very few games where I actually did like melee classes so maybe I will also try barbarian. I am in no hurry to get anyone to 80 my goal is to spend a LOT of time slowly leveling up to the point where I am yet another bored 80 complaining that there is nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Thanks - I had noticed a comment or two about that revamp browsing the forums but hadn't realized just what it had done.

As I said, the ranger plays more like a caster class, but its revamp made it unique among all classes in that the ranger still uses the arrow/white hit keys. However, unlike the melee classes, the ranger uses its white hits before a class attack to buff the attack. In essence it makes the class attack into a finisher (which can be done without any prior white hits, one just doesn't get the buffs from arrow/white hit keys which are usually extra damage but can be other things such as a debuff to the target, reducing the attack's cooldown and so on).

One day here reminds me that this was one of the very few games where I actually did like melee classes so maybe I will also try barbarian. I am in no hurry to get anyone to 80 my goal is to spend a LOT of time slowly leveling up to the point where I am yet another bored 80 complaining that there is nothing to do.

I only suggested the ranger as your rogue archetype because you had said you liked ranged combat. I have two rangers, two barbs and an assassin and would recommend any of them as a fun rogue to have.

Hope you are enjoying AoC.