Thread: LF Help & Endgame Guild

Default LF Help & Endgame Guild

Hey, sorry if posting in wrong place. (New player really.)

Currently level 69 PoM and having little trouble here and there, but my goal is to hit max level and enjoy doing Dungeons and Raids with mostly a guild.
    At this point, I wouldn't mind a boost to level 80 and maybe later on, few dungeon runs to get use to them. As I've never done a endgame dungeons before, specially as a PoM.

I have done 1 dungeon (Black castle?) and was little confused on how I heal and what gear pieces I needed.
    As I've only done 1 dungeon through out leveling, I hope for a friendly bunch of players to help me understand progression at endgame so I don't fall to victum of being a total noob. (Even though everyone was one, right? )

So if you are interested/looking for a healer PoM and don't mind giving me a hand in leveling + guiding me in endgame, I would very much appreciate it!
    Also, if you are a weekly raiding guild and in need of healer, I can be one.

Message me here first as I'm most likely leveling other toons, and leave your IGN for me to whisper once I logon to my PoM.

My IGN is: Gimlisk

I would suggest enjoying your levelling to 80 and finding groups for each dungeon: Black Castle, Sanctum of Burning Souls, Amphitheater of Karutonia, Halls of Eternal Frost, etc. You can find guides on how to complete them on this forum.

Healing can be figured out by enabling particles and looking at circles under the feet of the healed. There are green, blue, and (nonvisible) big healing types. They all spread like a cone in front of you and have a limited range. Keep both green and blue circles on all of the targets who lose health (focus on tanks). The circles will shrink over time. Make sure they are alway big.

Just learn these basics, and you will find out much more later on.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

about gear, pom uses light armor and weapons with wisdom and/or magic damage. eg: if a weapon has int, it's for mages, not for you.
    the exception is polearms. there are a few that are made for tos, so they have wis, but you can't use them.

you can take a look at AoC>TV Armory to try to get an idea of what kind of gear you can get at endgame.

and if you're looking for a guild, check in Guild-Hall.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Healing can be figured out by enabling particles and looking at circles under the feet of the healed. There are green, blue, and (nonvisible) big healing types. They all spread like a cone in front of you and have a limited range. Keep both green and blue circles on all of the targets who lose health (focus on tanks). The circles will shrink over time. Make sure they are alway big.

Just learn these basics, and you will find out much more later on.
    Sorry to interrupt, but this are very bad advices regarding healing. Keeping the circles big is absolutly not neccesairy - this is just a visual hint that the green or blue heal is getting closer to running off, it does not heal less or means anything beside this. Telling a new player to "always keep the circles big" will turn him into a healbot. Also the blue heal is a cone in front of you and you have to actually hit players with it, but you can cast the green one anywhere you want and it will hit your groupmember if they are not blackend out in your grouplist. With blue and big heals you can heal players you are not grouped with, with green only groupmember. Try this guide
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...60-How-to-Heal
    and then just watch what happens if you use your heals, and take some time to learn timers, duration and debuffs.
    While leveling you can just try what you would like to spec, when you start raiding and groups on 80 just ask a PoM you see heals and dpses good if he can give you some insight about healing specs, dps specs etc.

Hey,

Thanks for reply's.
    I've read up about healing and dpsing, but actually doing it in a dungeon is what I have to learn.
    I'm still leveling but read leveling from 70-80 is a nightmare and a total grind. Not bothered too much as I've grinded many times in MMO's, so nothing new to me. Just thought getting boosted to max is something better than killing mobs over and over till max.

As for guilds, don't really see any guilds recruiting new members for T1+ since most are doing T4/5/6.. But will keep my eye out, still got 9 more levels to go. (Hit 71 last night.)

Thanks again anyways.
    If anyone wanna help me still with leveling, Dungeon guide or PoM guide, would must be appreciated.

There are guilds that I suppose aren't announced in the Guild Hall that will advertise in the in-game global channel, who do low tiers, like Bathed in Blood, which is a good beginner guild.

The first week of every month has the world boss up: it is a large mob that takes 30 plus people to kill (within a decent time frame) and can drop t1/t2 purple gear that you can use at level 80. Plus you can interact with other players to do heals and such but not be penalized for not being the 'best pom ever' out there.

Also raid finder will show you the higher tier dungeons. The mechanics are similar (all for lvl 80s) but nerfed quite a bit, but you can get t3/t4 relics, rares, shards to get a very nice ring.

Any level who can make it to the world boss can fight it; raid finder is only lvl 80.

You're best bet is to advertise in global that you are a new pom looking for a guild (give lvl) or watch for guilds recruiting in global and see if they work out for you. You would be better off with a beginning to medium guild who still does t1-t3 raids imo.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Sorry to interrupt, but this are very bad advices regarding healing. Keeping the circles big is absolutly not neccesairy - this is just a visual hint that the green or blue heal is getting closer to running off, it does not heal less or means anything beside this. Telling a new player to "always keep the circles big" will turn him into a healbot. Also the blue heal is a cone in front of you and you have to actually hit players with it, but you can cast the green one anywhere you want and it will hit your groupmember if they are not blackend out in your grouplist. With blue and big heals you can heal players you are not grouped with, with green only groupmember. Try this guide
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...60-How-to-Heal
    and then just watch what happens if you use your heals, and take some time to learn timers, duration and debuffs.
    While leveling you can just try what you would like to spec, when you start raiding and groups on 80 just ask a PoM you see heals and dpses good if he can give you some insight about healing specs, dps specs etc.
    Thank you for the corrections and help! I certainly did not mean to heal all of the time to keep "the circles big", my bad (I start to forget things). Healing "bots" are an abomination, of course: DPS should be top-notch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    The first week of every month has the world boss up: it is a large mob that takes 30 plus people to kill (within a decent time frame) and can drop t1/t2 purple gear that you can use at level 80. Plus you can interact with other players to do heals and such but not be penalized for not being the 'best pom ever' out there.

Also raid finder will show you the higher tier dungeons. The mechanics are similar (all for lvl 80s) but nerfed quite a bit, but you can get t3/t4 relics, rares, shards to get a very nice ring.

Good luck.
    Now, this is the worst advice ever for a new player. No new player should participate in World Boss fights or Raid Finder. These things are only teaching not to put any effort to gain everything.

Participating in RF or WB will only do disservice to yourself and to other players.
    Last edited by Anzu; 3rd March 2017 at 15:47.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Now, this is the worst advice ever for a new player. No new player should participate in World Boss fights or Raid Finder. These things are only teaching not to put any effort to gain everything.

Participating in RF or WB will only do disservice to yourself and to other players.
    i guess we have opposite opinions again...

wb and rf sucks for a veteran, but for a new player they are a reasonable way to start looking at the game, without too much pressure. of course he must be aware that the real game is a lot harder than that, and it should be considered only as an introduction.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)