Thread: Error: Cannot locate LocalConfig.xml *only* when trying to run as Administrator

Default Error: Cannot locate LocalConfig.xml *only* when trying to run as Administrator

Game loads fine when run in normal mode. Game fails to load when run as Administrator. Windows 10, if it matters.

Unfortunately, the game needs to be run in Administrator mode in order to support the majority of custom UIs (Strange, Default Enhanced). So ... I'd really like to be able to run the game as Administrator ;-)

Any insights? Thanks!

PS: And yes, my user account has Administrator privileges. No other program I use regularly has any sort of issue with this. The issue appears to be exclusive to Age of Conan.

PPS: I have searched the forums and Google for answers. Most suggest cutting and pasting a new LocalConfig.xml, but I'm not sure the suggested cut-and-paste sections are up-to-date after all the various server merges, etc. For example, my current LocalConfig.xml, which works just fine when I don't try to run the patcher or client as an Administrator, points to "EU" even though I am in North America. But I suspect that's correct since there are only two servers left, Fury and Crom....
    Last edited by Vatec; 27th February 2017 at 22:04.