Thread: Questions about the game

Default Questions about the game

Im an old AoC Player thinking to return and i have some questions.

1. Is it worth to have a subscription?
    2. Are there US and EU servers still going or merged?
    3. How easy is to find groups for low/mid/high dungeons/raids or quests? or they changed quests to be soloable ?
    4. Hows servers population , and what you would suggest pvp or pve?
    5. Expansions what to buy and what would make a difference in my lvling , end content?

Thank you all in advance all your answers are much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by maderi View Post

3. How easy is to find groups for low/mid/high dungeons/raids or quests? or they changed quests to be soloable ?
    5. Expansions what to buy and what would make a difference in my lvling , end content?

Thank you all in advance all your answers are much appreciated
    1. No not really. You can enjoy most of the content without a subscription now. even the pve content which used to be behind a paywall
    2. EU and us have merged together and are now hosted in North America in a New York data center.
    3. If you play on Crom it shouldn't be too hard but maybe someone who plays on there could elaborate further. On fury you will find no PVE content being done ever.
    4. PVE server. The pvp server has players who pvp but the population is at an all time low and its mainly at end game.
    5. the rise of the godslayer expansion is all that is recommended to buy due to some content such as exotic mounts and Alternate advancement feats. The other ex-pack (based off the recent movie) is garbage.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Ahoy!

Welcome back.

The sub currently doesn't do much. Most content (including high level raids) is accessible to all players. Start without a sub and get to learn the game (again). Then decide if you want a sub or not.

Edit: Finding a good guild is much, much more of a boost than a sub offers. Both aren't required, but if you want to get some help with things, a guild is better (and cheaper).

They were merged. There's one server worth playing on: Crom.

Group quests are relatively rare. A lot of solo content was added since release. Finding groups for low and mid level dungeons isn't going to be easy, though, as most players play at maximum level. You may get lucky to find players who want to do the "purist" achievement, which requires to do several low and mid level dungeons at the appropriate level. Else, ask on Global or in a guild for somebody to help you with a level 80 character.

PvE: Crom
    PvP: Crom

Why? Population on Fury apparently is too low for either.

Kithai: huge expansion, mostly endgame content. Has some content for levels 20 to 40, but is far from required. Personally, I'd start without Kithai and get to know the rest of the game first.

Turan: very small expansion, but has some good content. Nothing for low level, though.

Dragonspine: You should get that for free sooner or later, but not quite sure about that. Don't buy it without careful consideration: has little content, only extremely endgame stuff and - as I said - is given away for free for most.

Vanaheim: don't bother. Hast just one dungeon. Do NOT, in any case, buy the "Collector's Edition", it's vastly overpriced.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 14th February 2017 at 17:31.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

1. Is it worth to have a subscription? - There are perks to having a sub; double XP potions, loyalty rewards, a standard 30%+ on XP (replaced the offline leveling) etc..... Having said that I'm fine with running F2p. I started with a sub, went free, got Godslayer so went 30 days subbed and now back to free. Honestly with the exception of the 10g bank limit I don't find much difference between the two. Now if I was in a position to sub I would just to support F/C.

2. Are there US and EU servers still going or merged? - Only 2 servers now; Crow - PvE and Fury - PvP

3. How easy is to find groups for low/mid/high dungeons/raids or quests? or they changed quests to be soloable ? - Lot's of low level players running around and I see calls for groups all the time, plus getting into a guild of same level players helps. And no the dungeons haven't been dumbed down to be soloable.

4. Hows servers population , and what you would suggest pvp or pve? - By all indications Fury is pretty dead. Crom on the other hand has a healthy population, not massive mind you, but healthy.

5. Expansions what to buy and what would make a difference in my lvling , end content? - If you plan to play past lvl 80 than getting Rise of the Godslayer (and a sub) is a must; Dungeons, faction armor (most cost over the gold cap hence the sub), more playfield. If you're leveling than Savage Coast (Turan 50 - 55 zone) is good, has 2 dungeons. DragonSpire (which I think includes Iron Statues) has the latest dungeon in it and I see group calls for it alot. The last one Valheim(sp?) isn't considered that good of a buy; not many quests and a small playfield.
    Few add on's; All expansions and adventure packs are B2p, no more needing a sub or access cards to enter those zones (Change to how Godslayer was handled).

Look forward to seeing you in game.
    Last edited by Nebless; 14th February 2017 at 17:32.

Thank you everyone for your very helpful answers , i hope to meet you all in game at some point

One big issue with free to play is that you are limited to how much gold your character can carry (rest is put into a 'shadow bank' that you have access to once you sub)

So if you want to buy gear you might not be able to (think limit is 10 gold)

That being said...you don't really need a subscription to do the vast majority of the game content until lvl 80. So for now, level up, see if you like the game then I'd get a sub at lvl 80 to get all the end game bonuses (like double relics and experience). If you really like the game...15/dollars a month (lower if you sub more than monthly) is about the same as one night at the movies with popcorn. So its not a bad investment for 24/7 entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    So its not a bad investment for 24/7 entertainment
    Exactly how i look at this. Seeing the amount of hours spend on this game the 15€ are nothing to other kinds of entertainment. Nothing in life is really for free. Real f2p games are p2win or full of advertisement, so crap in any way. I think you also need a sub to play with multiple toons.

I play on fury. Just transfered my last toon from crom to fury. Fury has enough live for me. The absence of world pvp on crom kills the game for me, but thats just my personal opinion.

Other than the 10gold limit on free to play (above ten gold goes into a "holding account" for your character which you can only access if you subscribe...even if you drop below 10 gold in game) the major restriction of being free to play is the number of characters you can play on the one account.
    A fresh free to play account these days only allows you one character. Old accounts should allow two to be unlocked and maybe more if you had gained free character slots from deals back when you were playing before.
    If you have Rise of the Godslayer expansion from when you played previously then all it's content is accessible now on the account it is linked too

You do get a bonus on relics and drops like esteem tokens if you subscribe. Atlanteal Shards, for example.

I Bought the Rise expansion and a subscription as Khaletohep said i got that other expansion for free , thank you all again