Thread: Which dps class what does it?

Default Which dps class what does it?

Hello im new player and i wanna play with a dps class and i would like to learn every dps classes capabilities like i heard barbarian has good straight dmg while necro has dmg from his/her dots. Thanks :P

DT - you can tank or u can dps your heart out - let the QQ begin

Here's a rough overview.

Mages
    Necromancer (caster) : pets, dots, unholy & cold damage
    Demonologist (caster) : AoE fire damage, electrical damage
    Herald of Xotli (combo-er) : AoE fire damage, physical damage with a 2-handed sword

Rogues
    Barbarian (combo-er) : physical damage with 2x 1-handed sword/blunt OR 1x 2-handed sword/blunt
    Assassin (combo-er) : high single target damage with 2x dagger, mix of physical/magical
    Ranger (combo-er) : physical damage with a bow/crossbow
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Barb is the easiest melee class to play in my opinion, but it might be because I've played it the most. Still it feels the most intuitive. You don't need as much micromanaging or, at least, no need to stop combos to cast spells like with HoX, or keep target on the enemy to use abilities like sin's miasmas.

Forget about 2h for dungeons and raids. Dual wield is the way to go. Barb does very good single target dps - sin does the most though - and can also do AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    Forget about 2h for dungeons and raids. Dual wield is the way to go. Barb does very good single target dps - sin does the most though - and can also do AoE.
    You're completely wrong about that, I proved it for years.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch