Thread: Account management is confusing and archiac

Default Account management is confusing and archaic

Recently my family decided to play Age of Conan.

We tried to reactivated two old accounts and make several new F2P account.

First off, getting the two old accounts active again so we could subscribe was done by recovering/changing forgotten passwords. It seems a little old that you send an email with a link to change password, why not just send the password to the email address the link was sent to in the first place?

Secondly, and way more confusing, is with the F2P accounts. After creating the accounts,(which at one point gave an error that we made too many accounts), we could log into the game. But when attempting to log in to account management, it would instantly fail to log in and then block the account so that even temporary passwords from recovery fail to work. This also locked us out of the game. I believe this is happens because when signing up for a free account, it sets a game password but NOT an account password. A customer would obviously try to use the game password for account management, causing them to be locked out.

A solution to all this confusion is to set the account and game password the same on signup, or have the customer make BOTH passwords when signing up.

As of now we have 5 working accounts, and two more accounts waiting to be unlocked by customer service. I am sure that some people would just give up and never come back. Please fix your account management so that people can play these great games.
    Last edited by Haizen; 1st February 2017 at 03:17.

Funcom

Hey Haizen,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble navigating our account management system. I'll be the first to admit that it could be more intuitive, especially with how passwords are handled.

It appears, and please forgive me if I'm wrong, that the crux of the issue is how our account system manages passwords for your game and homepage.

There are a few things we would like to have you keep in mind regarding your account settings:

1) Your game password and your account management password MAY DIFFER. They do not always have to be the same, and they can be changed independently from each other. When requesting a password reset from our automated lost password tool, the temporary password you are assigned is *only for the account homepage*. You must still log in to your account and update your passwords after this before you may log in to play.

2) Whenever you do change your game password, please note that it may take up to 10 minutes to fully sync with our authentication servers. If you change your game password and cannot log on immediately, please do not be alarmed; simply try again in a short while and you should be able to log in.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need further assistance with navigating or recovering your accounts, you may contact us at http://help.funcom.com/ for the official customer support help page. Thank you!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

However, one thing that is great about account management is the Web interface at register.ageofconan.com (actually, everywhere at ageofconan.com). It is very intuitive and easy to use unlike all of the modern thumb-generation (for "smart" devices) flat Web designs with only one short phrase per page, enormous pictures and buttons that are impossible to find or decipher, large finger-size fonts with tiny fonts at the same time, and broken scrolling system (left-right instead of up-down when you use a mouse).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.