Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

Quote Originally Posted by Selona View Post
    The state of AoC seems pretty bleak from the latest Q4 letter. http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/...Q16_Report.pdf

Page 3: For Age of Conan, a Thanksgiving and a Christmas sale events were launched, new rewards were added to the Raid finder and the tie-in items with Conan Exiles were added.

No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.
    As most of us have been suspecting over the past couple years, updates for AoC have come to an end. It looks like TSW is not going to get much more either before the development plug is pulled and the NC team completely moves on to new products.

I guess the suggestion thread can be deleted now.

Well at least it answers the question finally. It was a good run...
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Well at least it answers the question finally. It was a good run...
    Yep its been answered but still no CM or official post here about it which also sums up how its been going.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post
    Yep its been answered but still no CM or official post here about it which also sums up how its been going.
    They probably wont post anything here, too much work. They will just let the game run until server Crom hits a really low amount of players for some weeks, then they will simply shut it down and (maybe) post something about that half a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    They probably wont post anything here, too much work. They will just let the game run until server Crom hits a really low amount of players for some weeks, then they will simply shut it down and (maybe) post something about that half a year later.
    Realistically, they will only shutdown the AoC servers when the cost to run them and the GM teams becomes higher than the the revenue generated.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    As most of us have been suspecting over the past couple years, updates for AoC have come to an end. It looks like TSW is not going to get much more either before the development plug is pulled and the NC team completely moves on to new products.

I guess the suggestion thread can be deleted now.
    They are completely relaunching The Secret World.

But AO and AoC are going maintenance mode.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/02/27/th...nched-in-2017/
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    They are completely relaunching The Secret World.

But AO and AoC are going maintenance mode.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/02/27/th...nched-in-2017/
    Like the Age of Conan Unchained relaunch? I don't expect to see anything like a Final Fantasy Realm Reborn relaunch. I highly expect this relaunch is going to be fairly minor game changes, new payment model and Daily Rewards copied from AoC.

Why do such important discussions always apear in the depth of some obscure threads? I have really hold myself back so I do not double-post now...can we agree where to keep discussing?

Regarding shutting down the server(s):

[...]
    FINANCIALS
    FINANCIAL SUMMARY
    - The Live Games - The Secret World, Anarchy Online and Age of Conan - were the major contributers to the renenues.
    [...]
    FINAL NOTES
    [...]
    Outlook
    [...]
    The trend of slowly declining revenues on the current Live Game portfolio is expected to continue as in previous quarters due to the aging of the games. The relaunch of The Secret World might temporarily have a positive impact on this trend short trem. The Company will continue to support the current Live Games as long as they continue to contribute positivly to the Company's results.

As this report will be the last without revenues from Conan Exiles it would be cool if someone who is better with those numbers and words than me can tell us what they mean in relation to the expected support of the current Live Games.

As far as I understand them, the operating costs (all befor taxes) are 140 k higher than the total revenue (1,671 k), BUT those operating costs INCLUDE the production costs of Conan Exiles, right? We can not see what adds exactly how much to the revenue, but from my noob point of view it looks like the old Live Games very much contribute positivly to the Companys results - if you seperate all costs for Conan Exiles.

And finally, look for how long they are keeping AO up, and even adding some minor things here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Why do such important discussions always apear in the depth of some obscure threads? I have really hold myself back so I do not double-post now...can we agree where to keep discussing?

Regarding shutting down the server(s):

[...]
    FINANCIALS
    FINANCIAL SUMMARY
    - The Live Games - The Secret World, Anarchy Online and Age of Conan - were the major contributers to the renenues.
    [...]
    FINAL NOTES
    [...]
    Outlook
    [...]
    The trend of slowly declining revenues on the current Live Game portfolio is expected to continue as in previous quarters due to the aging of the games. The relaunch of The Secret World might temporarily have a positive impact on this trend short trem. The Company will continue to support the current Live Games as long as they continue to contribute positivly to the Company's results.

As this report will be the last without revenues from Conan Exiles it would be cool if someone who is better with those numbers and words than me can tell us what they mean in relation to the expected support of the current Live Games.

As far as I understand them, the operating costs (all befor taxes) are 140 k higher than the total revenue (1,671 k), BUT those operating costs INCLUDE the production costs of Conan Exiles, right? We can not see what adds exactly how much to the revenue, but from my noob point of view it looks like the old Live Games very much contribute positivly to the Companys results - if you seperate all costs for Conan Exiles.

And finally, look for how long they are keeping AO up, and even adding some minor things here and there.
    All that means to me and probably everyone else is they will "support", as in keep the game running for the foreseeable future, but will not add any future content.

Of course revenue will be declining over time when nothing is added...

I highly doubt there will be any kind of subscription change/offer now, as its easier just to discount a couple dumb things on the item shop.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

TSW gets a relaunch, that's nice.. but won't save the game unless they make major changes. The combat system in that game is just absolute trash.

On the subject of AoC, at the very least they should devote some resources to at least merge Fury into Crom.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast