Thread: Caster combos

Default Caster combos

I was just thinking. In many forum posts I see players say aoc is unique because of the melee combat system. It's true and I love it too.

So why the devs just can't do the same with magic users? I - personal opinion - think the combo system could work great with magic. After all mages are weaving their hands during casting that could be the moves of the magic combos. Casting spells wouldn't be that boring.

Now I don't say revamp the game now hurr durr. It is just an idea what stuck in my mind and I though we could discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormarc View Post
    I was just thinking. In many forum posts I see players say aoc is unique because of the melee combat system. It's true and I love it too.

So why the devs just can't do the same with magic users? I - personal opinion - think the combo system could work great with magic. After all mages are weaving their hands during casting that could be the moves of the magic combos. Casting spells wouldn't be that boring.

Now I don't say revamp the game now hurr durr. It is just an idea what stuck in my mind and I though we could discuss it.
    Please don't.
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    Please don't.
    Well... That's constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormarc View Post
    Well... That's constructive.
    I'm willing to bet he wasn't trying to intentionally be rude, but discussing/suggesting major changes to game systems is pointless because:

1.) The game no longer has a dedicated development team producing content / making significant changes
    2.) A lot of remaining players on the forums have been playing since launch, or near it - and there used to be huge arguments about it (your topic) years ago. So to many of us, this is a redundant topic (no offense).

As an example, a total revamp of the crafting system that started back in 2011, yes 2011, was just canceled this year after 5 years of work - 5 years. They just finished the last of the Dragonspine content which was supposed to be completed in Q1 of 2013.

Let that sink in. Unfortunately, the game will no longer see any significant changes.
    Last edited by krippa; 23rd December 2016 at 01:06.