Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: soo this is what happening now ?

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Indeed but he chose to ignore every single feedback from players for the updates he was rensponsible which made 90% of the game be obsolete.
    Or did he? We dont know what is going on behind the scenes. He could, from all we know have tried to do it but the upper management shut it down because it would change the game in a direction they do not wish to have it? Your accusations are "lets shoot the messenger".
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Or did he? We dont know what is going on behind the scenes. He could, from all we know have tried to do it but the upper management shut it down because it would change the game in a direction they do not wish to have it? Your accusations are "lets shoot the messenger".
    Fass only thing I care is that under his belt pve side of the game is destroyed which lead to a nice amount of veteran players to lose interest and quit (and his answer was if you dont like the update dont play it). It was the same few years back under some other people's belt when pvp was destroyed and abandoned for years, and personally I will blame the one that I see that he decides to never communicate with people in open forum . Dont tell me that upper management blocked him to not balance arena to have fewer people in instances or separate pvp and pve instances or even balance the rewards from raid finder so it doesnt screw the rest of the game. So I stick to my opinion despite not being alone to be blamed for these updates, he decided to ignore feedback.
    IVORY TOWER

Sounds pretty farfetched to me, pretty sure the last guy worked for the same 'evil suits' and managed to deliver some decent content between the crap he had to deliver, and he didn't destroy the game. Try to excuse the new guys track record of every patch released being broken by overlooking things and requiring several hotfixes to get right, smells like a rookie in no position to be anything more than a simple yes man.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Sounds pretty farfetched to me, pretty sure the last guy worked for the same 'evil suits' and managed to deliver some decent content between the crap he had to deliver, and he didn't destroy the game. Try to excuse the new guys track record of every patch released being broken by overlooking things and requiring several hotfixes to get right, smells like a rookie in no position to be anything more than a simple yes man.
    That is so true. Couldn't have found any better words.

Fass only thing I care is that under his belt pve side of the game is destroyed which lead to a nice amount of veteran players to lose interest and quit (and his answer was if you dont like the update dont play it). It was the same few years back under some other people's belt when pvp was destroyed and abandoned for years, and personally I will blame the one that I see that he decides to never communicate with people in open forum . Dont tell me that upper management blocked him to not balance arena to have fewer people in instances or separate pvp and pve instances or even balance the rewards from raid finder so it doesnt screw the rest of the game. So I stick to my opinion despite not being alone to be blamed for these updates, he decided to ignore feedback.
    Ignore feedback or not being able to implement the feedback? Two differnt things or the same?

You are comparing a senior designer who worked almost 8 years, and you compare him with someone who have a little bit over 1 year. It's pretty clear a guy having almost 8 years in the industry have already done the mistakes that are happening right now, it's called work experience - something you cant be taught, remember the new guy is a former customer support representative.

And it's exactly as you are saying, "like a rookie in no position to be anything more than a simple yes man". That's exactly it, you are pouring **** on someone who does not necessarily deserve it, as I said. You are shooting the messenger and you're even agreeing to it.

Also remember "the last guy" had more responsibilties than the "new guy".
    Last edited by Fass; 23rd December 2016 at 15:48.
    Fass
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ignore feedback or not being able to implement the feedback? Two differnt things or the same?
    If you have some source on that and if you talk with him in private messages and he follow your advices that lead us where we are now tell us here, otherwise that defending is pure nonsense and unjustified and you know it Im right despite having the urge to argue with people saying the truth.And as I said he might not be rensponsible for the decisions but he is rensponsible how these decisions got implemented.
    Last edited by zeuss; 23rd December 2016 at 16:13.
    IVORY TOWER

You are comparing a senior designer who worked almost 8 years, and you compare him with someone who have a little bit over 1 year. It's pretty clear a guy having almost 8 years in the industry have already done the mistakes that are happening right now, it's called work experience - something you cant be taught, remember the new guy is a former customer support representative.

And it's exactly as you are saying, "like a rookie in no position to be anything more than a simple yes man". That's exactly it, you are pouring **** on someone who does not necessarily deserve it, as I said. You are shooting the messenger and you're even agreeing to it.

Also remember "the last guy" had more responsibilties than the "new guy".
    Whether you think it's fair or not he should be compared to those that came before him, and those in other companies in similar roles, just like anyone else in any other line of work would be. As far as shooting the messenger goes, he's a lot more than a messenger, but alas, I'm 'shooting' the people who hired him for a job he isn't ready for, but even defending them, I doubt anyone good would want the job for a project that has no budget for proper development or even a decently sized team, their talent would be far better utilized on any other game. I don't know what I'm even trying to say anymore, it's all very pointless, there is no development, and there are no plans.
    Last edited by Evito; 23rd December 2016 at 16:43.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

If you have some source on that and if you talk with him in private messages and he follow your advices that lead us where we are now tell us here, otherwise that accusing is pure nonsense and unjustified and you know it Im right despite having the urge to argue with people saying the truth.And as I said he might be rensponsible for the decisions but he is not rensponsible how these decisions got implemented.
    Fun fact: it makes as much sense in this way than in the other. Since you don't know anything about it, why are you trashing him?

Another fun fact straight from my RL job: a guy had to remove some metal railings, but didn't have anything to cut it, nor the right to make sparks in the area. Guess what happened? The railings were still there when that guy left, and he wasn't to blame.
    Last edited by Nephturi; 23rd December 2016 at 16:45.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

If you have some source on that and if you talk with him in private messages and he follow your advices that lead us where we are now tell us here, otherwise that defending is pure nonsense and unjustified and you know it Im right despite having the urge to argue with people saying the truth.And as I said he might not be rensponsible for the decisions but he is rensponsible how these decisions got implemented.
    One example are the tweaks to already existing items. On testlive you can find "tuning existing stuff is one of my favorite things to do as a dev,". This is a clear sign he is listening, but it turns out there simply was not that many tweaks done, one or two? Is that not listening or not being able to? In the post I linked you can see there is usually not much time for existing tweaks.

As for "bigger" feedback. There is a budget for content, one very good example is Vanaheim. How much negative crap was said about that? Too much, what happened with that? Nothing, and this was under the "last guy"'s watch.

Whether you think it's fair or not he should be compared to those that came before him, and those in other companies in similar roles, just like anyone else in any other line of work would be. As far as shooting the messenger goes, he's a lot more than a messenger, but alas, I'm 'shooting' the people who hired him for a job he isn't ready for, but even defending them, I doubt anyone good would want the job for a project that has no budget for proper development or even a decently sized team, their talent would be far better utilized on any other game. I don't know what I'm even trying to say anymore, it's all very pointless, there is no development, and there are no plans.
    Then compare them by their roles. Junior versus Senior.
    https://medium.com/the-year-of-the-l...51e#.mmwsztwjq
    Last edited by Fass; 23rd December 2016 at 16:53.
    Fass
    {Circle of Eternity}

guys i started this thread trying to get answers from the devs and discuss the current situation of the game .... not to insult each other and the devs !!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast