Thread: Old Noob Player

Default Old Noob Player

Hello Everyone,
    I started playing Age of Conan back in December of 2008 and left in April 2009. I have been back recently to try out the Free to Play and the Gateway to Khitai(spelling?).
    The area looks well done. A great effort. Then returned more regularly for the last two months.

My main character is a Guardian. Only level 70 right now (12/18/2016).

Welcome back! Now you can access all the areas in the game as F2P, so go to the great wall in Gateway to Khitai and venture into the other areas. They are great.

Default Some more background

Back in 2008 I was invited to join some friends to play a new MMO called Age of Conan. I had never played a MMO before and was unsure about the fun value of it.
    The person inviting us to play insisted on a PvP server (Cimmeria) "Because PvE is boring". This was before Ymir's Pass was in the game, I think. There was little to
    do past level 50 other than Villas and PvP. My friends insisted I play a Guardian and only in Sword and Shield mode to tank in PvE quests. It was like running around
    with a target on my back and a floating arrow above my head with the words "GANK ME" in glowing letters.
    After a few week of play, we all agreed that a RP PvP server was a mistake. We were not having fun. Not only getting killed left and right, but players
    role played the scenarios in which we are to be attacked and looted afterwards. Very annoying.

In April 2009, I quit AoC for another MMO my friends and I found. Enjoyed it for years before it went free to play and went to hell.
    Then we moved on to a third until it happened again.

One of my friends would get regular updates from Funcom and tell me about it. When the server mergers took place, he was informed that we could move our characters
    to another server once for free for a limited time. I logged into Fury, the server we merged to, to see if anything had changed. My main character, the Guardian,
    appeared in the middle of Old Tarantia. A player character immediately charged and attacked me. Yes, I know. Old Tarantia is not a PvP enabled area. I know that,
    you know that, the player whirling around me striking with an axe yelling and grunting knows that. I immediately moved all my characters to Crom. My friends moved
    some of the characters and left some on Fury. Came back to try out free to play and again for Gateway to Khitai over the years. Nothing lasted. Came back about
    two months ago and have been playing on a regular basis and got one of my old friends back into it. May actually sub in 2017. We'll see.