Thread: Returning player with a feq q's

Default Returning player with a feq q's

Hi,

Nice to be back to AoC - few questions.

Do I acquire AA points if I am FTP? ( by time or either by getting the points from doing PVE )
    Is the WB still around?
    I hear you can fight your pets?? what is the requirement for this??

If I purchase a membership do I still need to purchase the expansions - ROTGS or do I have access to those areas through my premium subscription.

I run a duel core PC with a GTX 260 and I seem to get random black squares in the game both in Dx9 and Dx10 - I run it at 1920 x 1080 with everything on max except I turn shadows off...

Do I need to do anything to enable it to use both my cores? and is there any known fix and that I need for my graphics card.

I will upgrade to a Q6600 at some point.

Much appreciated

- Rod

Hello Rod,

I only just returned to the game a few weeks ago myself, so I'll answer as best I can

You still acquire AA points while on free-to-play, but only through killing/questing etc. You can't use the time-training as far as I know, and you won't gain 1 expertise point per level from 1-80 like you do when subbed.

The WB is still around for the first week of every month.

I don't know the requirements for fighting pets, if there is any, but apparently you do it in some arena

In regards to the RotGS expansion, I think you still need to purchase it even if you are subbed (not entirely sure). They did however change it so that if you have bought the expansion you will have access to it even on free-to-play.

I used to run a GTX 260 myself without any hiccups, but I'd make sure to update to the latest driver if you are seeing random black squares.

Welcome back to Hyboria.

Kind regards,

Sonokim
    Last edited by Sonokim; 17th November 2016 at 19:20.

A few things I can answer off the top of my head.

The new pet fighting arena is located in Field of the Dead. All you need to do is show up and fight by talking to an NPC inside the Arena instance. When inside the arena, you summon your pet like normal to start combat. There are a few quests, some inside, others elsewhere (Isolde in Conarch Village).

Any expansion like ROTGS must be purchased in order to enter. You can enter as F2P or Premium. Subscription status does not matter.

AoC is limited to 1 core of the cpu.

For your graphics issue, try updating your drivers to latest version.

Default World Boss

In regards to World Boss - they spawn the first Wednesday at GMT Midnight (Tuesday eve for USA) Excluding December. December spawns around Christmas time - the last week of the month and then you get January soon after as the normal 1st Wednesday of the month.

There's a sticky about WB in Raids/Tactics.

Default Daily Login

The 28 day daily login give Mastery XP which applies to AA advancement.
    It also Gives Expertise and Mastery points when you get towards the end of the 28 days.
    My experience to far on a month and a half of collecting the daily.