Thread: Still no dungeon finder?

Default Still no dungeon finder?

Every now and then I reinstall this game, and it seems pretty fun. But then after a few hours of grinding quests, I remember.... still no dungeon finder. Six-and-a-half years, and no dungeon finder. I see they added a raid finder and said they were adding a dungeon finder, but where is it? Is it still being worked on?

I could beg in NPH, but I'd rather not annoy people into carrying me. And begging for 30 minutes for each run would get old fast. That and the fact that NPH's only function is facilitating stimulating ALL CAPS arguments.

Ideally there would be an incentive for any-level players to queue for leveling dungeons like in most mmo's, and the gear would be equalized. I'm guessing developing this circa-2013 technology is the holdup?

Also, they should really get rid of that mob lock thing for whoever hits a mob first. That's pretty outdated, and it's especially annoying in games that have a heavy emphasis linear questing and corridor-type areas.

It's cool to see so many people leveling though. Didn't expect that.

The dungeons you find them on the map, and the people you find them on global channel or in a guild.

The mob lock works as it should be: you can help someone to kill a monster if you want. Granting experience is at an insane rate in the game, enjoy levelling while you can. Plus, dungeon finder works best with communication and does not work at all with automated services (look at Raid Finder at 80: it messed up the game to the point of player exodus).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenby View Post
    Also, they should really get rid of that mob lock thing for whoever hits a mob first. That's pretty outdated, and it's especially annoying in games that have a heavy emphasis linear questing and corridor-type areas.
    Whilst it is annoying to have the target you have carefully cleared your way to suddenly "stolen" by another playing wading in before you ... it would be equally annoying if they came in whilst you are fighting and do the kill and take the reward. The only way to remove the mob lock and be fair would pretty much need a re-write of the code so anyone who damaged the npc would get the quest item or equal random drop of gear/resource...but that would also have it's downsides ... ie the lazy who would do one minor white hit and then stand back and watch you do all the fighting ... which we see already in the world boss fights and this irritate people and causes seemingly endless streams of abuse in chat channels.

At least with the current mob lock if "your" target is nicked by someone before you damage him you can stay in the area, continue to clear the respawning mobs and wait for the target to respawn. Alternatively it's an opportunity to temporarily group up using the say function if you are f2p and can't send a tell to a subbed player (which I still maintain is one of the more stupid pieces of coding that FC put into the game) [or ninja group invite]

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    Whilst it is annoying to have the target you have carefully cleared your way to suddenly "stolen" by another playing wading in before you ... it would be equally annoying if they came in whilst you are fighting and do the kill and take the reward. The only way to remove the mob lock and be fair would pretty much need a re-write of the code so anyone who damaged the npc would get the quest item or equal random drop of gear/resource...but that would also have it's downsides ... ie the lazy who would do one minor white hit and then stand back and watch you do all the fighting ... which we see already in the world boss fights and this irritate people and causes seemingly endless streams of abuse in chat channels.

At least with the current mob lock if "your" target is nicked by someone before you damage him you can stay in the area, continue to clear the respawning mobs and wait for the target to respawn. Alternatively it's an opportunity to temporarily group up using the say function if you are f2p and can't send a tell to a subbed player (which I still maintain is one of the more stupid pieces of coding that FC put into the game) [or ninja group invite]
    Yes, everyone getting the reward is by far the best way, but I can imagine how their database would have no way to implement this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenby View Post
    Yes, everyone getting the reward is by far the best way, but I can imagine how their database would have no way to implement this.
    Only for a few. It is a very bad solution. People should not get rewarding for sharing someone's glory. It may only work if the mob suddenly buffs up to his original health, which is quite silly.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I would like to see a full Dungeon finder GUI in Age of Conan, similar to the one that exists in The Secret World. When I was completing the Doomboard limited time Challenge in TSW, the game's grouping tool was very useful in completing the necessary daily Challenges for the reward. AOC should have the same kind of community interface, which is much more efficient and detailed than spamming chat channels and hoping someone joins.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    I would like to see a full Dungeon finder GUI in Age of Conan, similar to the one that exists in The Secret World. When I was completing the Doomboard limited time Challenge in TSW, the game's grouping tool was very useful in completing the necessary daily Challenges for the reward. AOC should have the same kind of community interface, which is much more efficient and detailed than spamming chat channels and hoping someone joins.
    I predict one of two things will happen:

1. A dungeon finder is never implemented.

2. A dungeon finder is implemented, but it is just as basic as the raid finder, and doesn't properly insure the group gets filled by the required classes with the required abilities to complete the dungeon. Quite a few dungeons in AoC require specific abilities to be properly doable.

Funcom would have to put a lot of work into the dungeon finder system to insure it only forms groups with all the requisite abilities. Doing it right is far too much work, so they will likely do nothing at all.