Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Player Progression Trajectory

Quote Originally Posted by crowingone View Post
    Yeah, I won't be AFKing any dungeons (why?) but this is a good idea for where I should go. Khitai faction seems my first priority, since I personally love long rep grinds and the rewards seem to be the best step up from fresh 80.

After I get that I bet I'll have a better idea of where to go from there.

Two more questions: is the 50-55 playfield for Turin worth it? or should I just stick to launch progressions? Is there anything I'd get a "jump" on by doing that content?

Last, the Helmet from AF is decent but I assume that is, again, something to get as a drop at 80?
    Yes, the Turan playfield is worth it as it gives you access to 2 solo instances you'll want to gather rares tokens at 80, as well as giving you access to Temple of Erlik raid zone.

Yeah, I won't be AFKing any dungeons (why?) but this is a good idea for where I should go. Khitai faction seems my first priority, since I personally love long rep grinds and the rewards seem to be the best step up from fresh 80.

After I get that I bet I'll have a better idea of where to go from there.

Two more questions: is the 50-55 playfield for Turin worth it? or should I just stick to launch progressions? Is there anything I'd get a "jump" on by doing that content?

Last, the Helmet from AF is decent but I assume that is, again, something to get as a drop at 80?
    Turan's level 50-55 content is completely skippable while levelling, but it's more of Hyboria.

Turan's level 80 content can be pretty useful:
    - the raid is easier to complete than T4, while still giving some T4 tokens (you also can get interesting rings from first boss and nice weapons from 2nd and 3rd boss)
    - the 6-man drops pretty good epic head gear
    - there are 2 solo dungeons with rare tokens as reward (it's slower than 6-mans, but eh... you don't need a party for it)

This means you can wait with buying any expansions until you're level 80.

Also check out the rings that you get from collecting milestones. Personally I don't mind farming quilins: its very relaxing (I die if I fall asleep though with two on me) and you can get quillin milestones, undigested bags (sell for about a gold on trader for 10), body parts worth a silver or so each...or if you like a bigger challenge farm the sharks for their milestones. You can get a poster quest by the shark area and get stuff from that too.

After you get the rings you can get 25 rares for farming 37 milestones.

Island of Iron Statues can give you five rares per day fighting monkey boss if you don't die on the run to the statue area. You can farm the apostate area for another 3 khitai rares and forgotten city for one. Plus there is the other island in Turan that drops a few rares and some social pets.

Or find a guild that does sixmans and get a group that knows which end of the pointy stick to aim at the mobs.

Actually, the reply you got is a bit misleading as there are other, way more fun ways for gear progressing, while experiencing much more content besides Kithai.
    There are unchained version of dungeons which yield good rewards (albeit a bit random). The t3.5 depends on your class, for a few classes the weapons are really top notch (for example the 2HB for bear shaman is one of the best available weapon). The lvl 50-55 Turan area is well worth it, the xp is great and fast, the location is interesting and you can get a purple weapon at lvl 55 by the end of the main quest line, which will be great for the next 10-15 levels at least. If you play melee, in Kithai you really have to grind only the Tigers faction (or the Last Legion, if you want to tank). It's boring as ****, but the rewards are pretty good. I encourage you to check all Kithai dungeons too (not just the easy ones) as they have great mechanics and epic look. In my opinion Dragon Spine is a must as it has cool quest lines, the 2 dungeons are my favorites as they are still hard in this overnerfed world and the t5 and t6 raids will be necessary down the path anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    The lvl 50-55 Turan area is well worth it, the xp is great and fast, the location is interesting and you can get a purple weapon at lvl 55 by the end of the main quest line, which will be great for the next 10-15 levels at least.
    That's fantastic to know! I'll absolutely head that way at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    If you play melee, in Kithai you really have to grind only the Tigers faction (or the Last Legion, if you want to tank). It's boring as ****, but the rewards are pretty good. I encourage you to check all Kithai dungeons too (not just the easy ones) as they have great mechanics and epic look. In my opinion Dragon Spine is a must as it has cool quest lines, the 2 dungeons are my favorites as they are still hard in this overnerfed world and the t5 and t6 raids will be necessary down the path anyway.
    I've been reading up and that was my conclusion. I'm running Carnage and intend on staying more DPS at least until I learn dungeon mechanics and such. Tigers seem the best faction to grind out (and I actually enjoy long-burn grinds... so less of a concern there). But I'm still far from 80.

Ironically enough, I've dipped my toes into AoC because of the overnerf to TSW. I played a bit over the years, and I remember previous attempts were slower and tougher, but the overworld (landscape) pacing still remains on the slower side compared to where I'm coming from (and I still play a bunch of TSW... but I love FC's games and this is a perfect second).

I'll likely, once I hit 80 and get some halfway decent gear from solo content, look for a semi-active guild to run proper dungeons. I love the FC dungeon design generally and I have a feeling it will be awesome. Thanks!

I've been reading up and that was my conclusion. I'm running Carnage and intend on staying more DPS at least until I learn dungeon mechanics and such. Tigers seem the best faction to grind out (and I actually enjoy long-burn grinds... so less of a concern there). But I'm still far from 80.
    Most likely you'll be doing several factions at the same time, because at first faction rank you get only like 2 daily quests (you get more with higher ranks).

You can speed this up by either killing mobs from opposite faction (quite annoying in case of Tigers) or doing quests that reward Imperial Insignia (which can be turned into faction rep at Faction Herald).

You'll also need a different faction than Tigers to progress the main storyline - these factions also reward you with blue small armor pieces on each new rank.

Premium players get 30% more faction rep and 100% more faction tokens - just a suggestion.

and about the factions, unless you really want to take last legion for some very specific reason, many quests are a lot easier if you take scarlet circle.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

for soldiers, unchained boxes give items as good as ll ones if not better (fallen empire wrists, chest, head and really good), so don't bother with that faction !
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12