Thread: Help with rotation

Default Help with rotation

At the moment i always start with shield slam and before i finish it i buff my self with all i have to improve dps + irritate/cry of havoc, followed of guard destroyer then titanic smash counterweight, couterstrike, swap to polearm, guard, bloody vengance, swap to SnB and repeat
    but i feel like im not making enough aggro... my guard is currently full t3 and part t4.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    At the moment i always start with shield slam and before i finish it i buff my self with all i have to improve dps + irritate/cry of havoc, followed of guard destroyer then titanic smash counterweight, couterstrike, swap to polearm, guard, bloody vengance, swap to SnB and repeat
    but i feel like im not making enough aggro... my guard is currently full t3 and part t4.
    You shouldnt think a set rotation, better think of it as priorities, cos in many scenarios u cant make a full rotation, and the shields of the target will sometimes be stacked top or left for example, which you should adapt to and use combos on the unshielded side.

1: Shieldslam
    2: Guarddestroyer
    3: Titanic smash/Overreach/Counterweight
    4: Counterstrike

Shieldslam is the absolute highest aggrobuilder, so even if you have critbuff running from guarddestroyer, you should use shieldslam when its off cooldown. Dont use counterstrike if you dont have aggro, it doesnt generate enough aggro, and u wont benefit from its effects when trying to get aggro, when you have aggro on a meleehitting boss, you can squeeze it in there tho. You shouldnt do that thing when you're switching to polearm to do guard and bloody vengance, thats devastating for your aggro, first of all you dont need guard if you dont have aggro already.. second of all, bloody vengance is a very low threat combo, that also removes all built up damage stacks, so you're basically removing your damage for zero benefit.

Here's a video I just made with my rotation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs6n...ture=youtu.be/
    Last edited by magnum92; 11th September 2016 at 22:48.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    You shouldnt think a set rotation, better think of it as priorities, cos in many scenarios u cant make a full rotation, and the shields of the target will sometimes be stacked top or left for example, which you should adapt to and use combos on the unshielded side.

1: Shieldslam
    2: Guarddestroyer
    3: Titanic smash/Overreach/Counterweight
    4: Counterstrike

Shieldslam is the absolute highest aggrobuilder, so even if you have critbuff running from guarddestroyer, you should use shieldslam when its off cooldown. Dont use counterstrike if you dont have aggro, it doesnt generate enough aggro, and u wont benefit from its effects when trying to get aggro, when you have aggro on a meleehitting boss, you can squeeze it in there tho. You shouldnt do that thing when you're switching to polearm to do guard and bloody vengance, thats devastating for your aggro, first of all you dont need guard if you dont have aggro already.. second of all, bloody vengance is a very low threat combo, that also removes all built up damage stacks, so you're basically removing your damage for zero benefit.

Here's a video I just made with my rotation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs6n...ture=youtu.be/
    thank you this helps a lot, got a chance to test in in t3 and went pretty well compared to my previous rotation.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    thank you this helps a lot, got a chance to test in in t3 and went pretty well compared to my previous rotation.
    A little trick that can help with initial aggro is to preload a shieldslam, while running to boss, or when boss is running to you, and execute the combofinisher on it as soon as it reach you (you do loose damage on the finisher from all missed combosteps, but the strenth of shieldslam is a chunk of threat built in on the finisher regardless of dmg output) so you will be a step ahead that way.

Also, you should play abit diffrently when you try _taking_ aggro, rather then keeping. Too take aggro from another tank you need to have 10% more aggro then him, so when you try to snatch it from someone, think bursts. For example if you have 2 more seconds cd on shieldslam but your irritate is ready, rather wait and use them together. But when you have aggro, I would recommend you to use them as soon as they're ready to max out the total uses of them in a fight.
    Last edited by magnum92; 12th September 2016 at 00:09.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]