Thread: Are Game Time Cards Still Being Honored?

Default Are Game Time Cards Still Being Honored?

I recently picked up a game time card to get my feet wet with premium. The card came sealed and un-scratched but when I went to put in the code on the account page there was "no offer found" for the code.

Are the old game time cards no longer being honored, or maybe I made a mistake?

I, of course, already sent a message to FC support. I hope they get back to me soon. I was mighty excited for my first experience with Premium :/ Does anyone have experience redeeming a game time card as of recent? As an aside, I got an old box for RotGS as well where the code worked just fine.

I received a response from FC support telling me the card I purchased isn't valid despite being sealed and un-scratched.

AoC will not be a game I play if I buy a card and they don't honor it. FC just lost out on years of sub from me because of this.

Game cards are no longer being accepted. It took 3 GM replies for me for the GM to admit they were not. I was not happy because the game card was accepted right before their magical sub/item shop changes went live.

I also sent Odon a PM (which he never replied) asking why it was never announced they no longer would be accepted. If I would have known, just like the item shop price increases, I would have entered the cards ahead of time and also bought crit pots.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Game cards are no longer being accepted. It took 3 GM replies for me for the GM to admit they were not. I was not happy because the game card was accepted right before their magical sub/item shop changes went live.

I also sent Odon a PM (which he never replied) asking why it was never announced they no longer would be accepted. If I would have known, just like the item shop price increases, I would have entered the cards ahead of time and also bought crit pots.
    This sometimes feels like the TS forums.

Andy, I think, made sure my legit purchase of time was honored. That all said... there are so many sellers on amazon/ebay offering false products.

Quote Originally Posted by crowingone View Post
    This sometimes feels like the TS forums.

Andy, I think, made sure my legit purchase of time was honored. That all said... there are so many sellers on amazon/ebay offering false products.
    I have purchased 20+ cards over the past 6+ years and they've all arrived in the same condition. Factory sealed with the annoying plastic wrap and card not scratched at all and they have always worked. They're no longer accepting them and I can PM the GM response if you shall want it.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I have purchased 20+ cards over the past 6+ years and they've all arrived in the same condition. Factory sealed with the annoying plastic wrap and card not scratched at all and they have always worked. They're no longer accepting them and I can PM the GM response if you shall want it.
    I learned that. They're being awesome and accepting it, though personally I don't find accepting a product one sells to be worthy of benefit. I bought a legit code and the FC person has the audacity to pretend like they don't have a legal obligation to honor the codes they already sold to retailers.