Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Server Update: September 1, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    There would be no people around to apply the hotfix at that hour.
    The server is on the East Coast US. At 8am there should be someone awake there I would guess, that would be 2PM EU time. Perfect when not a lot of people is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    There would be no people around to apply the hotfix at that hour.
    Lets see, inconvenience 1 or inconvenience thousands. Hmmmm.

That moment when you work for funcom and realize that dumb RF/ WB farming unluckily is still not the only thing that's going on
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    We had identified an underlying issue unrelated to the RF that warranted the decision to bring the servers down a second time today. Don't get me wrong; we certainly don't intend to mess with our friends in the EU and their raid schedule, and we apologize for the interruption this may cause!
    The raid guilds got people from all over the globe logging for raids. We've got both Japanese, Australian, New Zealanders, Americans, Russians, logging for raid and you cancel this for a bloody Raid Finder fix? Get your priorities straight ffs!! I bet if the rez window or loot bugs was giving duplicate loot or somehow exploitable it would have been fixed years ago!

I dont know why I am not surprised at all
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Think it was something seriously wrong with raid grouping.

I did a jhebbal and was still in the same raid the 2 following minis, couldn't see who I played with even.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    Think it was something seriously wrong with raid grouping.

I did a jhebbal and was still in the same raid the 2 following minis, couldn't see who I played with even.
    but its pvp it could wait year or two right?

i mean like other pvp gamebreaking bugs (picking flag while 6pple deal dmg to you, JS group 1 see only one group for whole minigame match etc.....)
    Last edited by Thanaton; 1st September 2016 at 18:40.
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    but its pvp it could wait year or two right?
    Yea :P

But if the same bug happens in pve raids it would be mass hysteria.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    The raid guilds got people from all over the globe logging for raids. We've got both Japanese, Australian, New Zealanders, Americans, Russians, logging for raid and you cancel this for a bloody Raid Finder fix? Get your priorities straight ffs!! I bet if the rez window or loot bugs was giving duplicate loot or somehow exploitable it would have been fixed years ago!
    You misread his statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    We had identified an underlying issue unrelated to the RF that warranted the decision to bring the servers down a second time today. Don't get me wrong; we certainly don't intend to mess with our friends in the EU and their raid schedule, and we apologize for the interruption this may cause!
    Emphasis is mine. If I understand both posts from Odonoptera correctly, a problem in the Raid Finder led to the discovery of a bug that affects several aspects of the game, including the Raid Finder, kind of like a major problem in your house electrical network would cause problems with your computer, your oven and your fridge.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Looking forward to hearing what was fixed. And I apologize for my outburst, was just disappointed about the time you chose to apply this hotfix.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast