Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to balancing.

Pvp was a lot better back then compared to what it is now.

Like you said, a player with good movement was like a "god" back then. Not sure about god but a player with good movement and adequate knowledge of the game and all classes was able to rip apart groups of 6 by himself, which is the way it should be. If I know how to move without being hit, avoid CC's and dance around the enemy, why shouldn't I be able to kill him and his group? I'm clearly the better player. I clearly have more knowledge of the game mechanincs. I clearly know what the f*ck I'm doing.

The best part was that you were able to get to lvl 80 and compete without having to worry about gear. You mentioned BK invulns, yeah they stacked. Was it a little OP? Sure, was it game breaking? No.

Yes some classes needed a little bit of tweaking, it has been like that with every patch since the game launched.

How is it more balanced today? What if I want to play a new class. I have to get to lvl 80. PVE my ass off to get AA's and decent weapons just to stand a chance which will take months. Even then, I'd still have the better movement, better reaction time, and better knowledge of what is happening around me. Would I succeed? Probably not. You know why? Because I'm a freash lvl 80 going against highly geared / max AA'd toons with cheese one button abilities that require "skill."

You're talking about balance???

Enlighten me on this one, (hypothetical situation),

It's HV. I'm playing a bear shamen. I just took on a barb and a demo. My superior knowledge of the game, good movement, and perfectly timed CC's made me succeed in the 2v1, killing both players but I'm left at 50% HP. All of a sudden I'm attacked by a sin from stealth. Now I'm at 15% hp. I start circle straffing him, dancing around him, combo jumping, landing every combo. He misses snap kick, grim corruption, slow death strike, legarthy, and impede life. I'm about to close in on the kill. He's at 10% hp. All of a sudden he presses Death Whirlwind while not even facing me. I die.

Real Balance.

Edit by Anzu: Exploits have nothing to do with skill, must be reported and must certainly not be discussed on the forums.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th August 2016 at 23:51.
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    You mentioned BK invulns, yeah they stacked. Was it a little OP? Sure, was it game breaking? No.
    you are kidding right?
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Pvp was a lot better back then compared to what it is now.

Like you said, a player with good movement was like a "god" back then. Not sure about god but a player with good movement and adequate knowledge of the game and all classes was able to rip apart groups of 6 by himself, which is the way it should be. If I know how to move without being hit, avoid CC's and dance around the enemy, why shouldn't I be able to kill him and his group? I'm clearly the better player. I clearly have more knowledge of the game mechanincs. I clearly know what the f*ck I'm doing.

The best part was that you were able to get to lvl 80 and compete without having to worry about gear. You mentioned BK invulns, yeah they stacked. Was it a little OP? Sure, was it game breaking? No.

Yes some classes needed a little bit of tweaking, it has been like that with every patch since the game launched.

How is it more balanced today? What if I want to play a new class. I have to get to lvl 80. PVE my ass off to get AA's and decent weapons just to stand a chance which will take months. Even then, I'd still have the better movement, better reaction time, and better knowledge of what is happening around me. Would I succeed? Probably not. You know why? Because I'm a freash lvl 80 going against highly geared / max AA'd toons with cheese one button abilities that require "skill."

You're talking about balance???

Enlighten me on this one, (hypothetical situation),

It's HV. I'm playing a bear shamen. I just took on a barb and a demo. My superior knowledge of the game, good movement, and perfectly timed CC's made me succeed in the 2v1, killing both players but I'm left at 50% HP. All of a sudden I'm attacked by a sin from stealth. Now I'm at 15% hp. I start circle straffing him, dancing around him, combo jumping, landing every combo. He misses snap kick, grim corruption, slow death strike, legarthy, and impede life. I'm about to close in on the kill. He's at 10% hp. All of a sudden he presses Death Whirlwind while not even facing me. I die.

Real Balance.

Edit by Anzu: Exploits have nothing to do with skill, must be reported and must certainly not be discussed on the forums.
    1. I think we speak about a balance between classes.

But as I undersnand - you speak about balance between fresh 80 newbies and a veterans.

What a balance between newbie and a veteran in Counter-Strike? It is a skill based game like our AoC.

In a skillbased games expirienced and skilled player always better then a fresh neewbie.

But.....Now this newbie can fast farm T1 PvP set with a lot of protection and tenacity and buy an accessories right after he cap lvl 80.
    He can farm it really fast with a festival/path of vanquisher/new subscription bonus and a 100% pvp exp bottle.

The old Т1 set required level 6 and didn't give you protection and tenacity. And you needed twice more time to receive this level, than now.

I very well remember a minis 3 years ago with 70% of population in Khitaian blues or auction blues.
    In those conditions new players felt most uncomfortablly.

Now they can buy a T2 PvP at PvP lvl 0 or fast farm T1 PvP.
    Or fast farm PvE T4 and T3,5 gear and weapon with pugs.

2. Regarding to the last part of your post about real balance.

I constantly have similar situations now.

What do you want to tell? What earlier it was possible, and now it is impossible?

3. Old BK invuls was absolutely unbalanced.
    Last edited by Aett; 18th August 2016 at 13:10.

Anybody want to add relevant opinions to what would be good for class balance or just discuss the game at launch to the game in its current state at this point?

Some other points to add.

Significantly increase AA gain still. This is a huge problem for people just hitting 80. Double the points gained per level like during the anniversary week. I still have toons that are not max AA that I made 2+ years ago. It shouldn't take this long to max AA out.

One for conjecture:

Remove crit rating from gear and make everyone have the same base max crit rating based on the archtype of the class.

For example

1) Soldiers 15%
    2) Rogues 20%
    3) Priests 15%
    4) Mages 20%

You can still use the ridiculous pots from item store to go above this so Funcom can make their money.

Try pvp'ing with a level 80 blue gear toon with like 8% crit rating and see 1) how often you crit and 2) how much you crit for against geared players.

It's completely unbalanced.
    Last edited by sanagav; 18th August 2016 at 13:05.

You mentioned BK invulns, yeah they stacked. Was it a little OP? Sure, was it game breaking? No.
    hahaha oh dear lord you must be joking.
    Kinaputten

khramps gone into full diva mode LOL

everyone knows some parts were better... minis more competitive, with guild rivalry etc. and desire to beat bigger guilds.

mechanically, the game had more flaws, like the age of casters / bloody vengeance era and stacked BKs

these days you could say class balance is way better, but it's all in vain without competitive minis and systems preventing idiots/gimps for ruining them (normal queue) for capable players.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 18th August 2016 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    khramps gone into full diva mode LOL
    Just like Floyd Mayweather =o
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Another one for class balance.

Change or remove BS companion spirit.

An unkillable pet that 5x torment stacks you and crits for 500+ is summoned based on 50% chance of a crit (lol at this with current crit rating) and summoned with Booming roar.

It might stagger too but haven't tested that.

Quote Originally Posted by sanagav View Post
    Anybody want to add relevant opinions to what would be good for class balance or just discuss the game at launch to the game in its current state at this point?

Some other points to add.

Significantly increase AA gain still. This is a huge problem for people just hitting 80. Double the points gained per level like during the anniversary week. I still have toons that are not max AA that I made 2+ years ago. It shouldn't take this long to max AA out.

One for conjecture:

Remove crit rating from gear and make everyone have the same base max crit rating based on the archtype of the class.

For example

1) Soldiers 15%
    2) Rogues 20%
    3) Priests 15%
    4) Mages 20%

You can still use the ridiculous pots from item store to go above this so Funcom can make their money.

Try pvp'ing with a level 80 blue gear toon with like 8% crit rating and see 1) how often you crit and 2) how much you crit for against geared players.

It's completely unbalanced.
    Geared players - 98%.

Blue gear players with 8% crit rating - 2%.

Yes, balance please all game for this 2% of gamers, which after a week of game will geared purple mix of fraction/T4 or T1 PvP.
    Rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    Geared players - 98%.

Blue gear players with 8% crit rating - 2%.

Yes, balance please all game for this 2% of gamers, which after a week of game will geared purple mix of fraction/T4 or T1 PvP.
    Rofl
    Some of us still make NEW toons and don't want to spend 6 months farming PVE for some purples before we can jump into PVP.

Even with purple gear you can still have sub 10% crit rating without max AA. That point was made above that.

Do you PVP or PVE as main objective, because mentioning t4 gear means you def aren't on Fury -- where PVE doesn't really exist.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast