Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2016 pvp builds

I use a very slight variation of the first build Aett posted since forever.

Laeth, get 1 point in slip free you're missing out.
    Last edited by AggroMagnet; 16th August 2016 at 15:35.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    I use a very slight variation of the first build Aett posted since forever.

Laeth, get 1 point in slip free you're missing out.
    I actually went ahead and kept it as is for now so I can spend some time with it. Played a bunch of minis last night, Overall didn't notice much of a difference. Not that too many root/snare classes were around. But i figure why not. It's only one point, whats the harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    You're gonna have a bad time...
    As a PvP 1 I am already having a bad time. I get rolled by ever class and do zero damage with a regular build. It's not always about damaging to win the game. Sure it is huge when you can but since I cannot I figured try a bit of a more support role. Still have some damage and also bring tons of survivability and better heals to the table. Also got lots of utility to drop on the enemy and friendlies.

Them killing is just as good as me killing isn't it? Also I figure if I'm alive longer I can do more damage even if light and still heal and help.

Just some some thoughts really is have to try it. This games PvP seems like WoW where everyone focused damage or your dead instead of trying utility defensive. Will update how it goes or maybe try to tweak for more damage and less general tree.

With that being said I am also going to try the bubble build. Feels lame to have it on a 5 min cool down but I like the layout of the build itself.
    Last edited by Zintair; 16th August 2016 at 20:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
    As a PvP 1 I am already having a bad time. I get rolled by ever class and do zero damage with a regular build. It's not always about damaging to win the game. Sure it is huge when you can but since I cannot I figured try a bit of a more support role. Still have some damage and also bring tons of survivability and better heals to the table. Also got lots of utility to drop on the enemy and friendlies.

Them killing is just as good as me killing isn't it? Also I figure if I'm alive longer I can do more damage even if light and still heal and help.

Just some some thoughts really is have to try it. This games PvP seems like WoW where everyone focused damage or your dead instead of trying utility defensive. Will update how it goes or maybe try to tweak for more damage and less general tree.

With that being said I am also going to try the bubble build. Feels lame to have it on a 5 min cool down but I like the layout of the build itself.
    The general tree defensive feats really offer nothing in the form of defensive capability. You're still going to melt like a wet paper bag until you build your toon up gear and stats wise. The best way to use a bubble is not as a defensive measure but as an offensive measure. Pop your cooldowns get all your aoes up and hit bubble then run into a crowd. Then hope your teammates come to your rescue. You should be able to hit pvp 4 within a week and a half with steady pvp. Once you get there you'll feel a notable difference. Just stick it out and don't get discouraged. Once you get a strong feel for how the tos mechanics work best in pvp try other builds. Fangs is definitely the way to go if you are good at tab targetting. It's practically a bubble that can be used every minute.

I think general is more viable on a lowbie tos than doing bubble, having full control of when to land the bigheal is powerful, and can especially be so if you have some points into the crit perk, but the build posted had many flaws imo.

if anything, just go straight to fangs, learn to use it, and laugh as a PvP 10 barb thinks you're an easy kill.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 18th August 2016 at 13:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    I think general is more viable on a lowbie tos than doing bubble, but the build posted had many flaws imo.

if anything, just go straight to fangs, learn to use it, and laugh as a PvP 10 barb thinks you're an easy kill.
    pvp 10 bar will laugh anyway cuz u use fangs he runs away for 6s with AM speed buff and then comes for you as a free prey ;-)
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

trust me there are many pvp 10 barbs that don't pay attention

imo, if you can play it, tos can be scary in lower levels, cause everyone think you're a free pray unable to utilize your spells, so they get reckless, thinking they're fine.

but fact is, if you can use them, with fangs / potsr correctly you'll cause some upsets.

ofc, talking about tos with PvP accessories/shield, and some decent pve (khitai ++) pieces of gear, not blue gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    trust me there are many pvp 10 barbs that don't pay attention

imo, if you can play it, tos can be scary in lower levels, cause everyone think you're a free pray unable to utilize your spells, so they get reckless, thinking they're fine.

but fact is, if you can use them, with fangs / potsr correctly you'll cause some upsets.

ofc, talking about tos with PvP accessories/shield, and some decent pve (khitai ++) pieces of gear, not blue gear.
    well one word man sogoth....
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
    Gonna try something like this for PVP week.

http://goo.gl/E9R14h

No idea how it's gonna work out but I'm leaning more on the defensive utility side as I'm low PVP rank. Nice cool downs and some sitatuionals as well as passive a from the general tree for quality of life.
    should look more like this: http://goo.gl/ck8WSr

tos without nebthu featline become less scary, and if you're idea is to play it as a supporter, then fangs and staggering voice is somewhat needed anyways. so you can't have it all. extra hp has to go, and you get the payoff of being a bit more scary.

some won't opt for spark of life, but you can use it nearly every mini, and it can be really nice, just save it for when you know it'll be helpful. don't use the res just cause you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    well one word man sogoth....
    sogoth what? fangs is 0,5 sec cast. all you gotta do is believe in it.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th August 2016 at 14:28.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234