Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 pvp builds

Default 2016 pvp builds

Hello guys I would like to see your pvp builds for tos. Since there is not updated topic about these kind of builds. I am using this one nowadays and seems pretty fine I dont like long cds so no bubble spec for me, and I find it really hard to time fangs or POTSR well, seems like it doesnt work for me either, so i went for general tree to speed up my big heal and for bigger clone for blue heal so i dont have to run to everybody to heal them individually (mana cost is insane)

here is build I am running now I would like to hear your opinion on it: http://goo.gl/oApxwC

and share your builds also please
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    Hello guys I would like to see your pvp builds for tos. Since there is not updated topic about these kind of builds. I am using this one nowadays and seems pretty fine I dont like long cds so no bubble spec for me, and I find it really hard to time fangs or POTSR well, seems like it doesnt work for me either, so i went for general tree to speed up my big heal and for bigger clone for blue heal so i dont have to run to everybody to heal them individually (mana cost is insane)

here is build I am running now I would like to hear your opinion on it: http://goo.gl/oApxwC

One of my favorite PvP builds:
    http://goo.gl/dZ1Ooz

If you want to play with general - try something like this:

http://goo.gl/lh5Gue

With your build very hard to be dangerous for anyone:

1. You have lost all addtitional CC - slow from Staggering Voice and Fangs. Any Barb, Sin, Carnage conq, BS, Posession HoX can push you without any problems. Coz they have antiroot in build or general tree and minimum 1 antiCC from AA. They can CC you and you can't CC them = you always lose.
    Any caster would just run away after you silence him without Staggering Voice.

2. An additional you have lost PoSR - Be ready to be favorite target for each Sin, DT, HoX and other mages which play on your server. Is it a really hard to use it for you? Just press it when you see demo with WoF, when you see how DT deal massive damage to you, when HoX casting Tongue or FL, when Sin use his Bomb, and a lot of situation.

3. You have lost all your burst and massive damage abilities - like EF, instant LS, Column. So - you can't be really dangerous for most of good geared enemies.
    These burst abilities can bring you 10-15-20 additional kills in every minigame.

For example: it looks like Sin which use only Swift Strikes in PvP.
    Last edited by Aett; 10th August 2016 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    One of my favorite PvP builds:
    http://goo.gl/dZ1Ooz

If you want to play with general - try something like this:

http://goo.gl/lh5Gue

With your build very hard to be dangerous for anyone:

1. You have lost all addtitional CC - slow from Staggering Voice and Fangs. Any Barb, Sin, Carnage conq, BS can push you without any problems. Coz they have antiroot in build or general tree and minimum 1 antiCC from AA. They can CC you and you can't CC them = you always lose.
    Any caster would just run away after you silence him without Staggering Voice.

2. An additional you have lost PoSR - Be ready to be favorite target for each Sin, DT, HoX and other mages which play on your server. Is it a really hard to use it for you? Just press it when you see demo with WoF, when you see how DT deal massive damage to you, when HoX casting Tongue or FL, when Sin use his Bomb, and a lot of situation.

3. You have lost all your burst and massive damage abilities - like EF, instant LS, Column. So - you can't be really dangerous for most of good geared enemies.
    These burst abilities can bring you 10-15-20 additional kills in every minigame.

For example: it looks like Sin which use only Swift Strikes in PvP.
    thanks I was playing fangs build and its quite good but still cant save you if you are focused really imo.....to your ccs true I lost a lot but tbh imagine barb on you.....you cant root you cant stun you cant hinder not to mention you can have some cds on ccs running. So casting ccs while fighting good barb is actually quite waste of time since he can use it before you end cast it and it loses you time anyway. Fangs will save you from one push from barb or sin or BS etc....once per minute for 5s when he comes back you are probably dead....and sometimes they hit you even with fangs on them Will try to get better with that build but its not that great imo

Knights Of Avalon

thanks I was playing fangs build and its quite good but still cant save you if you are focused really imo.....to your ccs true I lost a lot but tbh imagine barb on you.....you cant root you cant stun you cant hinder not to mention you can have some cds on ccs running. So casting ccs while fighting good barb is actually quite waste of time since he can use it before you end cast it and it loses you time anyway. Fangs will save you from one push from barb or sin or BS etc....once per minute for 5s when he comes back you are probably dead....and sometimes they hit you even with fangs on them Will try to get better with that build but its not that great imo
    CD of your Slow from Staggering voice is 30 sec. CD of Stun is 38 sec if u improve it in your AA.

CD of AntiCC is higher.

If u fight against player which often use antiCC before u end your cast - u can try to trick and cancel your CC cast and kite 3 sec after that, if u listen a sound of antiCC. U must to know this sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    CD of your Slow from Staggering voice is 30 sec. CD of Stun is 38 sec if u improve it in your AA.

CD of AntiCC is higher.

If u fight against player which often use antiCC before u end your cast - u can try to trick and cancel your CC cast and kite 3 sec after that, if u listen a sound of antiCC. U must to know this sound.
    seems you were right I am doing ok now with your tips and build so thank you very much.....just one more question if you have time. what AAs you prefer? I use decesive and precising strikes anti cc and silence/fear reduce.....and forked lightening and constriction. I heard toses prefer field of war in general tree than + crit dmg rating does it worth?

Knights Of Avalon

What rank are you in pvp currently? If you are below rank 7 or 8 I would highly recommend using a bubble spec. 7 - 10 i have other recommendations.

For low rank pvp bubble spec is a must if you don't want to get melted, if you are exceptionally skilled that's another story

Bubble build

To use fangs properly you need to be adept at tab targeting, which basically means you need to be able to target the right enemy at any given time. If you can do this then fangs is fantastic. Below is my current build for pvp.

Current build

Some tips

Fangs works on rangers as well as any melee class. Does not work on magic users unless they are trying to wack you with their staff

Static blood is great, I use it often, it changes elec dmg you do to healing for yourself. makes you more tanky. Plus it does retributive damage meaning the guy hitting you is hurting himself too.

power of the serpent ring is great for negating assassin detonation. Just use it whenever a sin starts hitting you, most of the time they'll plant the bomb on you right at the go. just fyi you do not need to expertly time this. It will negate the sins detonation as long as you hit it once the sin casts grim corruption on you which is usually their opener attack, Like i said most times sins will plant the bomb right then because bomb has a 5 second timer before it goes off, If you use potsr after bomb is planted during the countdown it will negate the explosion regardless, good sins will wait. Just learn who you're dealing with and adapt.

empowered life of set amps up your dmg every time you cast a heal

Rousing shock is a must have for obvious reasons

3 points in stun because the more you have the longer they are stunned. im sure you know all of this but for any future tos hwo may be curious.

For AAS I use the following

Chromatic warding rank 5 <-- makes you tankier
    Field of war rank 5 <-- This increases your base dps and you can literally feel the difference when it's removed.
    Deliverance rank 5<-- duh
    Steadfast faith rank 5 <--- i am the only tos i know who uses this in pvp, It is not just for pve. Stripping elemental debuffs makes you harder to kill.
    Constriction rank 5
    Lull rank 5

Any player will tell you how much maxed stun with constriction sucks for them. It ends up being like a 15 second stun/snare if not broken

Lull lets you run around with eye up and once you get that up you can become a wrecking ball.

Let us know how you fare.

updated with fixed links
    Last edited by Laethiel; 13th August 2016 at 13:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post

Let us know how you fare.
    I know all those thing but thanks I am pvp 8 and I do decent now.....just fangs seems to be great in 1vs1 and bad in oh **** situations like when 3 pple on you. for AAs I use always forked lightening and switch for constriction or lull depending on other team (if two or more barbs then lull) I feated also brain spasm but dunno if I have to precast it or cast it when I am rooted and there is only slim chance i guess with 1/5 points in it.
    Last edited by Thanaton; 12th August 2016 at 06:08.

Knights Of Avalon

Why do you use forked lightning with aoe spec? Its nearly useless because you should have sf active most time of your fight what makes LS not usable.

seems you were right I am doing ok now with your tips and build so thank you very much.....just one more question if you have time. what AAs you prefer? I use decesive and precising strikes anti cc and silence/fear reduce.....and forked lightening and constriction. I heard toses prefer field of war in general tree than + crit dmg rating does it worth?
    1 tier:

a) to be a dangerous

Immeasurable Empowerment
    Decisive Strikes

You also can use Field of War for 100 mag. damage, but I think Immeasurable Empowerment is better - it give you approx. 60 mag. damage, 600 mana, 1% armor, 0,8% protection, combat mana regen and ooc mana regen.

b) to be a tanky

Chromatic Warding
    Elusive Nature

You can use it if you want to be a healbot in premades or something.
    Better to choose Elusive Nature if your enemies have a good players with high bonus to critical damage, like DTs or Necros.

But in my opinion better to be belanced damager+healer in prems instead of healbot. Like Ensifer, Zarkane, Arainn.

2 tier:

Deliverance - must have

And a few perks for second slot:

a) Steadfast Faith - standart option
    b) Prelate at Arms - good perk for premades if you have a mag. setup
    c) Empowered Mending - if you are Luckier

3 tier:

a) Coils - for massive AOE damage
    b) Constriction and Lull - standart option
    c) Idol of Dark Rejuvenation to be a healbot - AA heal calculator http://joharaoc.eu/aaheal

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Why do you use forked lightning with aoe spec? Its nearly useless because you should have sf active most time of your fight what makes LS not usable.
    green heal cast alsmost instant, charged blast almost instant.....thats why. waiting for last feat in lull then i will use it probably instead of forked lightning

Knights Of Avalon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast