Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merging Crom and Fury?? A simple solution, how to make pvp and pve in one server!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    No, but i worked with difficult (not mine) code before in addition to everything i already said. And i am not even good at this. And you just need to look at what modders did with xml in AoC already and what other modders did for other games.

First, they can and have added (or removed) options upon entering before (villas, event villas, introduction of pvp events, new entrance to arena in fotd etc.), so they should know how to do this still.
    Second, they can individually set the flag for the instance (or even zones in the instance), just look at arena (so old code is NOT an excuse here), old arena, again pvp events. I first thought this the main problem, but if you look closer at existing mechanics and maps, it is clear, they can have different flags on the same server of one instance type (just look at the conditional pvp/pve enabled in a mini game map) or they can override the global flag.
    I see, Some good points you make. I wonder why they would not implement this then. It would make the state of the game exponentially better if we weren't all segregated.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    I see, Some good points you make. I wonder why they would not implement this then. It would make the state of the game exponentially better if we weren't all segregated.
    Let's take a look at the history of server merges (in just about any game). Right after the merge you have a higher population. Within a few months the merged server is no more populated that what the largest pre-merge was. A few months later the population is less. One of the reasons for this is that people are accustom to the "community" on the server. When you put more than one together, there is a clash. Mergers are really a last resort. As long as the population is considered "good" on one of the servers, I doubt Funcom will opt to merge them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12