Thread: TOS leveling and stats and gear

Default TOS leveling and stats and gear

Hey all

I have started a TOS in the last few days and made it to 43 already. I am very much enjoying the class but I had some questions. I have extensively gone through the sticky threads and have a decent idea of what's going on however some things I could not find so hoping the community experts could help!

1) TOS leveling build

Currently I have worked down the Lightning tree and then have started in the Thunder tree. Posted build below.

http://goo.gl/xiQRpC

For some reason saying 45 but that is the major jist of what I have done so far.

I am looking for something that is DPS intensive obviously but it almost seems a waste to gointo Thunder when I have gone so deep into Lightning. Curious the communities thoughts and with an explanation on why ALL the builds I've seen so far do this.

2) Weapons and Armor

I've been lucky and have been able to run Black Castle / Sanctum and have gotten some decent pieces however I notice a sever lack of wisdom gear on the Trader. Is this normal?

Also what weapon choices do you use? 1hb and shield / staff / talismen? I am currently using a Staff that dropped from sanctum for lvl 40 which has great stats but curious what people think might work best. I feel squishy with the staff but not sure the 1hb and shield will make me much better.

I am trying to get a bit "tankier" with reason that I am a healer and will never really get there.

3) Stat Priority

So I understand 1 wisdom = .6 magic damage. However does is wisdom a priority of magic damage because of all the other effects it brings? I have been trying to balance both wisdom and magic damage best I can. After those where do Con and Crit fall into the mix?

4) Healing tree

I made this specifically because I never see anyone put points into the healing tree or priest tree. Why is that? I can understand you are supposed to do damage but base heals are enough for leveling and end game?

5) AOE Pulling

How do you guys feel is the most efficient way to AoE Pull. People have said to me just activate Storm Field and kill but it only hits 3 targets and I am still taking a beating while it does its magic. I do use Storm Crown and Call Lightning and even pop ELemtal Fury or Column Lightning for burst DPS but it doesnt seem efficient as I burn most of my mana.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
    Hey all

I have started a TOS in the last few days and made it to 43 already. I am very much enjoying the class but I had some questions. I have extensively gone through the sticky threads and have a decent idea of what's going on however some things I could not find so hoping the community experts could help!

1) TOS leveling build

Currently I have worked down the Lightning tree and then have started in the Thunder tree. Posted build below.

http://goo.gl/xiQRpC

For some reason saying 45 but that is the major jist of what I have done so far.

I am looking for something that is DPS intensive obviously but it almost seems a waste to gointo Thunder when I have gone so deep into Lightning. Curious the communities thoughts and with an explanation on why ALL the builds I've seen so far do this.

2) Weapons and Armor

I've been lucky and have been able to run Black Castle / Sanctum and have gotten some decent pieces however I notice a sever lack of wisdom gear on the Trader. Is this normal?

Also what weapon choices do you use? 1hb and shield / staff / talismen? I am currently using a Staff that dropped from sanctum for lvl 40 which has great stats but curious what people think might work best. I feel squishy with the staff but not sure the 1hb and shield will make me much better.

I am trying to get a bit "tankier" with reason that I am a healer and will never really get there.

3) Stat Priority

So I understand 1 wisdom = .6 magic damage. However does is wisdom a priority of magic damage because of all the other effects it brings? I have been trying to balance both wisdom and magic damage best I can. After those where do Con and Crit fall into the mix?

4) Healing tree

I made this specifically because I never see anyone put points into the healing tree or priest tree. Why is that? I can understand you are supposed to do damage but base heals are enough for leveling and end game?

5) AOE Pulling

How do you guys feel is the most efficient way to AoE Pull. People have said to me just activate Storm Field and kill but it only hits 3 targets and I am still taking a beating while it does its magic. I do use Storm Crown and Call Lightning and even pop ELemtal Fury or Column Lightning for burst DPS but it doesnt seem efficient as I burn most of my mana.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Its been quite awhile since I leveled a Tos. They've changed the feat trees since I did. Remember you can reset your feats on the Feat Trainer. The build you have is ok, its not what I would use, but the class is relatively weak until you can feat Storm Field at 60. This is just a rough one I put together...

http://goo.gl/OkrvdV

Remember, I haven't leveled a Tos in many years so people will disagree probably.

Gear is really lackluster for leveling. Its quite tough to find decent blues and if you're leveling quickly you'll out level them fast. Keep doing the dungeons for your level though, Sanctum should have some nice drops.

Wisdom is slightly better because you get mana out of it. However, it isn't going to matter a whole lot when leveling. Try to find a mix of con, wisdom, magic damage and crit. They're all still important, but don't center on any specific stats/drops if you're leveling fast.

I don't spec Gen on any of my trees at 80. It takes too much from the benefit I can get from both trees. I don't see the need for it leveling either, unless you're really dying for mana.

One of the biggest issues when they revamped the feat trees is they made feating Storm Field at level 60. It used to be level 40 I believe. So until then, you're basically stuck doing Lighting Strike. You can still use SF, but it would be too slow for me.

Best thing you can do is level or dungeon grind with a guild or group. Especially when you have soldier pulling and some sort of pure dps like a demo nuking. You can burn through things much quicker.

Always remember to debuff and stun/root targets when you can. Keep your blue and green heals up all the time. Try to pull things with Lighting Sparks as it will debuff the target. Always use Call Lightning for the small damage boost it gives.

The Tos is the best class in the game as it can do almost everything.. well except tank... but that doesn't stop me.

Good Luck
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Ok so con/hit feats over spell crit? Got it. I guess that makes some sense. I always thought spell crit would be huge compared to hit but I guess the Con buff is solid as well.

After that I assume I move down thunder tree as that I think is where storm field feat is?

Everything else seems decent. Gonna use the trainer for first respec.

I see you went column lightning as well. I feel this ability is a mana hoe but does really solid damage.

Also are there any UIs or add on that compliment a TOS? I can deal with the standard with my naga but was curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
    Ok so con/hit feats over spell crit? Got it. I guess that makes some sense. I always thought spell crit would be huge compared to hit but I guess the Con buff is solid as well.

After that I assume I move down thunder tree as that I think is where storm field feat is?

Everything else seems decent. Gonna use the trainer for first respec.

I see you went column lightning as well. I feel this ability is a mana hoe but does really solid damage.

Also are there any UIs or add on that compliment a TOS? I can deal with the standard with my naga but was curious.
    As ToS it's fairly easy to maintain a lot of mana since you have mana taps running all the time (+ one big mana tap boost) and while using Storm Crow you regain mana for meele hits your team members do, also the Idol of Set restores a bit of mana when being near it.

But since these things are not in this spec yet you will probably run into some mana problems now and then, one thing you should keep in mind is your blue heal. Only use it before a fight (so that you regain the mana really quick) and in combat only if you stacked "Growing Storm" up to 3 or 4 (almost no mana cost or completely no mana cost). This saves a lot of mana.
    Last edited by xCodename; 29th July 2016 at 22:30.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    As ToS it's fairly easy to maintain a lot of mana since you have mana taps running all the time (+ one big mana tap boost) and while using Storm Crow you regain mana for meele hits your team members do, also the Idol of Set restores a bit of mana when being near it.

But since these things are not in this spec yet you will probably run into some mana problems now and then, one thing you should keep in mind is your blue heal. Only use it before a fight (so that you regain the mana really quick) and in combat only if you stacked "Growing Storm" up to 3 or 4 (almost no mana cost or completely no mana cost). This saves a lot of mana.
    I have definitely figured that one out. I cast blue and green heals OOC for full mana regen and start the fight with full mana and HoTs running so nice.

I'll keep an eye out for those feats. I don't really hit mana issues unless I try to AoE 3-5 mobs down and have to burn all my aoes which some light lightning column are huge mana uses.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    naga=wow refugee=pass
    /highfive
    I'm sorry I don't understand lol.