Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade to Windows 10 - is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Damn, I have a SSD in my computer but I have only 30 GB space left and since I have games on it that need to be updated all the time (like AoC and others) I probably wont have enough space -.-

One more question: If I upgrade (We have 5 PCs in total here) a system, how do I get a copy of Windows 10 and a CD-Key? Is this upgrade working like full version or will everything be gone once I format the disk?
    You can probably reclaim a lot of that disk space through removing old windows updates and maybe even installation files for SP1. There are tools available for this if you google for it. My winsxs folder shrinked by 12GB when I did this.

If you have a valid key for Windows you can use that to gain access to the Windows 10 iso that you can create an USB key and do a clean install with it. Windows 10 activates if you had a valid Windows 7/8/8.1 key activated to your MAC adress earlier, at least it did for me.

Seems staying with Win 7 or 8 won't help with the phoning home after all.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing...to-windows-7-8

All your info are belong to Microsoft.

Well, I stayed on Windows 7 with my PC, upgraded 2 of our other PCs and both have some software issues with the newer OS and one even runs a bit slower because the HDD is constantly busy (they both have older hardware).

Never touch a running system or what was it called?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12