Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: It is happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    If you're the least bit competent on your toon and can listen to simple instructions, most 6 man groups will take you. 90% of 6 mans are faceroll easy. The exception to that is if you're expected to be the main tank. You can get quite a bit of gear doing solo dungeons and pugs until you're ready to tackle 6 mans.

Simple solution for jerks in vent is mute/volume. If you can't tolerate big egos and a'holes, the world of MMOs is not for you.
    Simply hasn't been my experience. Usually I just get ignored once I say I've never done the dungeon but a few times it's been, "Well, come on over." then I arrive at the dungeon only to find that I've been replaced in the meantime.

You're suggesting I ignore the raid leaders? That's what I did by not going on any more of their raids. Now they're bitching that they can't fill said raids. Perhaps mmo's aren't for big ego'd *******s who can't handle the consequences of their behavior.

it wasn't hard to foresee raid finder killing off the majority of group activity in the game because of the rewards it gives, and plenty of us said it was going to happen (and Funcom gave laughable responses in this forum and the test live one). Look at the precedent, which was the world boss, T1/T2 wasn't even relevant when that was released but it sure as hell managed to kill those 2 tiers off (and pre-wb I could join a full sweep of both daily if I wanted to), raid finder is more accessable and it offers better rewards than 6 mans do. They've made everything that isn't T5/T6 practically obsolete content in terms of gear progression compared to the raid finder.

There are no good solutions for this terrible move, I presented one which involves giving Atlantean Shards to all content. They could make new quests for real raids and 6 mans with better gear than raid finder to rectify the problem, but power of gear vs content is totally imbalanced and even T4 gear made the majority of content a joke to begin with, so that's a bad idea. Which leads to other problem, a lack of actual new content which I'm not even going to get started on, suffice to say if we got that on a regular basis over the last few years there wouldn't be a such a population crisis anyway.

TL/DR: They killed the game.
    Last edited by Evito; 17th September 2016 at 16:30.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Default Raid finder discussion cont.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    it wasn't hard to foresee raid finder killing off the majority of group activity in the game because of the rewards it gives, and plenty of us said it was going to happen (and Funcom gave laughable responses in this forum and the test live one). Look at the precedent, which was the world boss, T1/T2 wasn't even relevant when that was released but it sure as hell managed to kill those 2 tiers off (and pre-wb I could join a full sweep of both daily if I wanted to), raid finder is more accessable and it offers better rewards than 6 mans do. They've made everything that isn't T5/T6 practically obsolete content in terms of gear progression compared
    There are no good solutions for this terrible move, I presented one which involves giving Atlantean Shards to all content. They could make new quests for real raids and 6 mans with better gear than raid finder to rectify the problem, but power of gear vs content is totally imbalanced and even T4 gear made the majority of content a joke to begin with, so that's a bad idea. Which leads to other problem, a lack of actual new content which I'm not even going to get started on, suffice to say if we got that on a regular basis over the last few years there wouldn't be a such a population crisis anyway.

TL/DR: They killed the game.
    I don't think they necessarily killed the game. I got a surprising amount of answers to my original comment, which says there are still players passionate about the future of aoc. That's a good thing that the devs should take note of.

So how to tweak raid finder? And more importantly how to position it as a part of the games' tapestry rather than the entire centerpiece?

As I mentioned before, I don't mind the concept of being rewarded t4 relics from purple boxes. A 1x week high tier drop is acceptable for a simplified raid dungeon. However, having rewards that *consistently* out-compete other game instances for the entire cycle of every week is damaging, especially to a small but loyal playerbase.

I think a good place to start would be to remove simple relic IV drops from blue caches and instead add Khitai rewards to the boxes. 2-3 rare trophies that can drop is good incentive to not only do raid finder as an additional piece of the Khitai faction portion of the game, but to push new players into doing Khitai content for moa's and group instances. This would be a better bridge between tier 1-2 and world boss, and tier 3 - 3.5 raid content, without invalidating the raid gear required for t4 and incentivizing unskilled play.

So to circle back, we would have world boss for t1-t2 alt farming, and raid finder as a Khitai alt farm that also 1x per week drops atlantean shards and has a chance to drop some t3.5 or t.4 items.

As a business move, I think this would be better for funcom as well, since it slows the gear progression grind and makes it take longer for players to attain higher tier raid items and to focus on the Khitai grind to progress, which is still a very rewarding aspect of the game.

Any alternate ideas on how we can tweak it?
    Last edited by WorldofRuin; 17th September 2016 at 17:22.

Even if someone of you had the Worlds-best-idea-ever , it would stay unheard .
    Discussing about potential changes about AoC is futile now and has always been
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

You know what is not funny and sad? Schtunk the Prophet was right...
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I don't even remember what that dumbass was ranting about, other than him being negative about Aoc. But tbh. It's the easiest thing in the world to be negative all the time about something, especially if it's something on the internet because nothing lasts forever, especially on the Internet.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    Simply hasn't been my experience. Usually I just get ignored once I say I've never done the dungeon but a few times it's been, "Well, come on over." then I arrive at the dungeon only to find that I've been replaced in the meantime.

You're suggesting I ignore the raid leaders? That's what I did by not going on any more of their raids. Now they're bitching that they can't fill said raids. Perhaps mmo's aren't for big ego'd *******s who can't handle the consequences of their behavior.
    I do not think that your absence because their problem if they can not fill a raid, unless you can not handle 12 clients with 12 characters to plug the holes that they have.
    I find stupid people complain for lack of experience and ... instead of doing then experience ranging in the easiest places such as RF. It 'just their excuse because they DO NOT WANT learn and RF are proof, it is impossible to even try to organize the most basic tactics, just want to bypass the boss using brute force of x3/5 noob buff and often is need 3 hours for complete one raid.
    1) No one is borned learned, find one guild who help you in do experience in the game, if you really want learn, a lot of guild are friendly and will help you
    2) Most of time when ppl ask for EXP mean EXP in your class, knowing how to use your same class was once granted, thanks to WB and RF no longer is.
    I have organized one monastery for one new friend, there were one DT OT in crap gear with decent aggro, but he could not tank cause bad gear drop too fast his health and one Conq MT ... who caused us 5 wipes (in crap flame). He was almost full T4 except for 2 item T3 and 2H prot/hate from WB continues to whine that DT is OP, had too skinny and it was not his fault, you want know what was is position in aggro? SIX.
    Everytime the DT died relatively fast, then in order me, the mage, the bs, the pom AND HIM, he was in aggro after a pom.

Only solution is put one CD about RF and/or remove shards, rare and relic from the blue chest, left shards (and maybe few relic) just on purple and put shards in other dungeons/raid too.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Schtunk was not a prophet, was just one a troll not too good but the people could not understand that by contrast his easy trolling It was enough to ignore him and he explodes with anger instead, people did amuse him.
    You remember his spam AoC is death i will go in a real game, ESO?
    He was in ESO too, spam ESO is a fake game i will go back in one real game AoC, ESO is a death game!
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofRuin View Post

I think a good place to start would be to remove simple relic IV drops from blue caches and instead add Khitai rewards to the boxes. 2-3 rare trophies that can drop is good incentive to not only do raid finder as an additional piece of the Khitai faction portion of the game, but to push new players into doing Khitai content for moa's and group instances. This would be a better bridge between tier 1-2 and world boss, and tier 3 - 3.5 raid content, without invalidating the raid gear required for t4 and incentivizing unskilled play.

Any alternate ideas on how we can tweak it?
    I would love for the TF to drop rare trophies. I seriously doubt they would put those in though because you can buy the old crit pots with rares and this would take away from their precious item shop.

Hell their next step might be removing that crit pot vendor... Lol
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Hell their next step might be removing that crit pot vendor... Lol
    Nah, even that is too much work, there is no time for AoC, think of the other 3 or 4 games that are already in developement and got financed by AoC customers!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516