Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you kidding me Funcom

Why do you need to gear up *fast* ?And the only form of "grind" is tanks having to get multiple sets/accessories,other than that and especially with increased token gain if you are a member like you say you gear up way faster than anyone would complain about ... so yeah ,play the game instead of raid finder crap :o
    Last edited by -Shink-; 16th July 2016 at 22:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysthammer View Post
    how long did it take you to gear up in a top guild shax?...and joining a pug will gear new players/casuals up fast?
    And what for do casuals need to gear up so fast?
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post
    And what for do casuals need to gear up so fast?
    well, perhaps our definitions of "casual" differ...but id like to at least be able to jump into raids 3.5 and higher 3-4 days a week..a few hours each of those nights...and yea I'm talking about a tank

25 raids in 2 weeks with "almost" 1 big piece of T4 and lotsa T3 relics isn't a good way to make the point that the loot is good and not a long-ass grindfest friend...the whole point, if I'm not mistaken...is to gear up the casuals and new raiders in gear 3 TIERS behind current raid content....gear that nearly eliminates you from consideration for a raid....and getting trash silver half the time or worse isn't a waste of time? cmon fanboy I'm a massive supporter of AoC and most of my posts are supportive and positive...but the RF drops are trash, sorry.
    How long did it take to earn a big piece of T4 before the raid finder and membership bonuses? 6 weeks unless you got lucky with urns - and you could only clear the raid once regardless of how much time you had to invest. And that assumed you successfully cleared all of T4 which was far from a given with PUGs before the nerfs. Now you can get that much faster from trivial content if you want to spend enough time. Not to mention T3 gear is also useful for tanking higher tier raids, especially the guardian set but the Black Dragon set is also good for conqs or DTs.

25 raids in 2 weeks with "almost" 1 big piece of T4 and lotsa T3 relics isn't a good way to make the point that the loot is good and not a long-ass grindfest friend...the whole point, if I'm not mistaken...is to gear up the casuals and new raiders in gear 3 TIERS behind current raid content....gear that nearly eliminates you from consideration for a raid....and getting trash silver half the time or worse isn't a waste of time? cmon fanboy I'm a massive supporter of AoC and most of my posts are supportive and positive...but the RF drops are trash, sorry.
    Btw I don't have a premium account, if I got one I could probably buy 2 big T4 pieces already...

BEFORE the nerfs of T4 I was farming 1 Month for my first big piece... and got only 2 small ones during the raids.
    2 Big pieces in 2 Week is crazy, you can pretty much gear up all 12 classes in one year in full T4 gear if you are just a little bit lucky while farming. Don't say gear progression is still not fast enough, T4 gear is thrown away like candy on halloween and you get it by farming those lousy RF raids where you can avoid like 90% of the mechanics.
    These raids speed up gear progression, you get alot of relics really quick to finally buy your gear, not to completely gear up your character... but if you invest enough time they can easily replace normal raids.
    Last edited by xCodename; 16th July 2016 at 22:55.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Btw I don't have a premium account, if I got one I could probably buy 2 big T4 pieces already...

BEFORE the nerfs of T4 I was farming 1 Month for my first big piece... and got only 2 small ones during the raids.
    2 Big pieces in 2 Week is crazy, you can pretty much gear up all 12 classes in one year in full T4 gear if you are just a little bit lucky while farming. Don't say gear progression is still not fast enough, T4 gear is thrown away like candy on halloween and you get it by farming those lousy RF raids where you can avoid like 90% of the mechanics.
    These raids speed up gear progression, you get alot of relics really quick to finally buy your gear, not to completely gear up your character... but if you invest enough time they can easily replace normal raids.
    Using how things "were" is no basis for an analysis of how things "are". Before, it was deplorable...hence the nerfs and changes. its a new time, players are behind and need to catch up to see the game...the gaps in starter gear vs. what it takes to enter a raid (gear,AA req'd- in most PUG raid posts in global) are MASSIVE, even bigger than the pvp gaps, which actually aren't that bad now. These changes were designed to BRING PLAYERS BACK as well. So yea, 2 weeks of RF for me too...1 tear and 9 T4 relics...0 rares and 22 T3 relics...that's hardly progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    and you can search the forums, one of funcom representatives said it would take years to gear up from this. i just don't remember who did in which thread.

+

Quote Originally Posted by Robdobp View Post
    It was mussagana in the feedback thread if I remember rightly
    thanks, that's all I have to say guys...I don't want to argue, just voicing my opinion...perhaps I'm from the mindset of just happy with being equal, and not an elitist status of separation. I cant play AoC full time.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post

I don't recall anyone claiming to get 2 big T4 pieces in 2 weeks from RF.....nor do I see it possible...and how did they "throw away" T4 pieces on Halloween, what do you mean by that? I was here at Halloween...didn't see any gear drops.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th July 2016 at 08:57.

I can tell you that gear is not the problem for higher tiers. The player skill, knowledge and understanding are what matters most. You do not need t4 gear to do that content. You can do it with kithai/unchained/other 6 men gear as long as you can play correctly.
    About AAs, well, if you do not have the tools, you simply cannot do the job.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    I can tell you that gear is not the problem for higher tiers. The player skill, knowledge and understanding are what matters most. You do not need t4 gear to do that content. You can do it with kithai/unchained/other 6 men gear as long as you can play correctly.
    About AAs, well, if you do not have the tools, you simply cannot do the job.
    I bet technical issues like connection type and speed and computer specs do play an important role too. The engine tends to exponentially get worse on lower end pcs when more particles and mobs are involved. And if i look at new style of battles (like arena), i bet the raids at least from t3+ will need particles enabled on a certain quality and amount to even get the triggers for some tactics).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I bet technical issues like connection type and speed and computer specs do play an important role too. The engine tends to exponentially get worse on lower end pcs when more particles and mobs are involved. And if i look at new style of battles (like arena), i bet the raids at least from t3+ will need particles enabled on a certain quality and amount to even get the triggers for some tactics).
    I don't agree. most of the time you can play with "world particles" on, and all spell particles on yourself only to save performance.
    My computer uses mostly 2010-2012 parts and i don't feel i need better one for this game
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast