Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tali tanking?

About Improved Soul Covenants. I have it there for the odd time I use Covenant of Vengeance rather than Covenant of Pestilence in this build, on stuff I am not supposed to take agro on. Quick change of Covenant and stance, and I go from a 18% hate tali tank monster with 40% physical health tap, to a 7% frenzy dps. Shadow Hex is not to be underestimated. It's a big component of damage, and the whole point of having talisman equipped - getting access to that spell.

Yes you will do more damage with Covenant of Arms but Covenant of Pestilence is really good now unfeated. +5% damage to Covenant of Arms is a drop in the ocean compared to having 5 points in Shadowed Blade that will roughly double your damage from Shadow Hex.

It's a tight squeeze on points unless one could do without some of the points from General. Nick two from Sustained Rage if you'd like Dooming Presence and Air of Death. Move that point from Soul Covenants to Sacrificial Fury if you want. That comes down to what I typed under the builds;

By all means, not saying these are definitive answers but most talisman builds have likeness to these unless for certain purposes.
    Last edited by Shax84; 15th July 2016 at 09:41.

What's the fuss about ?The class is so messed up with current gear options and pots and arena rune that you can feat anything and it ll work :P

Guess I just didn't explain my point well enough.
    If one decides to go for tali tanking, apparently he's in need for way more dps and aggro. So why to nerf yourself with not feating CoA? Just go full bananas with CoA, Tali Mastery, Shadowed Blade (I have it feated if I go tali ) and stuff. If you can't survive somewhere with CoA and tali, it might be a place for agressive sword and shield, or maybe even CoP based build.

And I know other Covenants are good after rewamp, I'm using CoP on Vistrix.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    What's the fuss about ?The class is so messed up with current gear options and pots and arena rune that you can feat anything and it ll work :P
    That's also true, but you know these DT's, we are always hungry for more dps, so we could die even faster!
    Last edited by Anzu; 15th July 2016 at 14:57.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

IMO this is the way to go : http://goo.gl/rjbT51
    Can even drop the points from devouring touch to get hateful strikes for extra initial aggro or something.
    Last edited by kalston; 15th July 2016 at 19:37.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

What should your gear look like to start tanking with Tali spec?
    I got Ibis sword, SC tali, Khitai epic / uc epic gear but still felt that a Dread Shadow spec was more useful since my DT seems very squishy in Tali spec. For me it seems these specs just make healers and tanks life more difficult to heal you up or to grab aggro off you since you are doing so much damage.
    Is it possible to really tank in tali spec with this gear?

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    What should your gear look like to start tanking with Tali spec?
    I got Ibis sword, SC tali, Khitai epic / uc epic gear but still felt that a Dread Shadow spec was more useful since my DT seems very squishy in Tali spec. For me it seems these specs just make healers and tanks life more difficult to heal you up or to grab aggro off you since you are doing so much damage.
    Is it possible to really tank in tali spec with this gear?
    How much mitigation do you have and what do you want to tank? Starting at 50% you can do fine in Khitai/UC content for example but you will want more in raids beyond t1/2 (I don't know the mitigation thresholds by heart). Tali tanking is about as simple as it gets anyway, just do combos, spam hexes, renew your stacks and watch things die.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    How much mitigation do you have and what do you want to tank? Starting at 50% you can do fine in Khitai/UC content for example but you will want more in raids beyond t1/2 (I don't know the mitigation thresholds by heart). Tali tanking is about as simple as it gets anyway, just do combos, spam hexes, renew your stacks and watch things die.
    Well, I am at 51,2% (using one dreamkeeper's sake and wolves wisdom necklace) but critical hits in UC dungeons far too often insane, seems like I better stay in my other spec, makes no sense to make healers job unnecessary harder for no real reason.

51 is a good start. Tali doesn't really make it harder for healers, unless you're terribly undergeared for the specific encounter or the specific encounter isn't suitable for a tali DT. As long as you're doing enough damage you'll be healing yourself like crazy. Tali DT is pugs can a bit problematic though, say when the rogues are too slow to use their perks or the healers are being retarded. Definitely less forgiving than guard/conq or DT with dread shadow.

Easy fix, do enough AoK UC as offtank until you get the const rings and neck, then you should be fine with increased health and armor. Neither Ibis or SC tali has const, so guessing you're at 12k hp or something like that, which is gonna be low in most circumstances. Stacking up sadism with ritualistic bloodshed and spamming shadow hex is important. Easiest fix is having a gaming keyboard that can repeat it automatically for you.

I would advocate the two following talisman builds:

This one I use the most regularly:

http://goo.gl/Xvg3NX

And this one specifically for when I need to survive many big shots:

http://goo.gl/2qw7OL

With these builds you will have the best possible dps which means you dominate the aggro if you want to. Better dps means you will also have more health tapped and therefore better survivability.
    As for combos, keep the health tap combos up and use the two highest ranks of BFA (V and IV) for optimal results.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Well, I am at 51,2% (using one dreamkeeper's sake and wolves wisdom necklace) but critical hits in UC dungeons far too often insane, seems like I better stay in my other spec, makes no sense to make healers job unnecessary harder for no real reason.
    As was suggested previously, use Covenant of Pestilence when you need more mitigation. Also don't hesitate to use a shield in a talisman spec when needed. You can tank through pretty much all physical bosses that way while keeping your dps at a good pace (+/- 1000 dps).
    Last edited by Fonsbol; 16th July 2016 at 14:15.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast