Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Massive lag spikes since 5.0!

Exclamation Massive lag spikes since 5.0!

As I raid a lot with Teamspeak I know when its me having a problem with my computer or connection, or if the server lags out.

Since 5.0 we get massive lag spikes in hitherto unknown frequency. While earlier we had maybe one lag spike in one raid, by now we have 4-5 lag spikes in every raid. I am hoping thats a sign of a more healthy population, but the frequency of the lag spikes is unbearable in endgame raids, especially T5 and T6.

Please tell me that you are at least investigating this.

On our first pull on Ethram Fal last night, the entire raid got a nice 30 second long 4k+ lagspike, it was awesome!

After that, kept getting random smaller lags the rest of the night too.

I've been noticing random lag spikes since the update as well. I rarely had any before the update.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

There have been massive lagspikes that are not my pc or isp (40mb ps). There is either a problem with their refusal to upgrade to DX11/12, their coding (coding to many things into one file) or even their servers are old, they use a crook of an isp, they have shitty low isp conectivity.

Just logged of because of lag spikes (400-600mS) every 20-30 seconds. The game is unplayble for me atm and no, its not caused by my net connection - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5474570071 .. around midday its seemed to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    Just logged of because of lag spikes (400-600mS) every 20-30 seconds. The game is unplayble for me atm and no, its not caused by my net connection - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5474570071 .. around midday its seemed to be ok.
    Your connection to a local speedtest server doesn't really tell you anything about your potential connection to a server a long way away. For all you know, your ISP may be having problems once your signal leaves your city/local area/country. It would be a bit more accurate to try and run a speedtest against a server located physically near the Funcom servers, but even then, that connection may be routed differently than your AoC connection.

Networking is far more complicated than many people imagine.

Yes ! and most people ignore that funcom cannot do anything if the route from your place is shitty, it depends on your ISP peerings for the bigger part. most of the lag issues are due to networking and not to the servers. on the other hand you can probably blame funcom and/or the servers hosting facility when your whole group/raid get those freezes
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Your connection to a local speedtest server doesn't really tell you anything about your potential connection to a server a long way away. For all you know, your ISP may be having problems once your signal leaves your city/local area/country. It would be a bit more accurate to try and run a speedtest against a server located physically near the Funcom servers, but even then, that connection may be routed differently than your AoC connection.

Networking is far more complicated than many people imagine.
    Im not an idiot man, the test was just to show that Im not connected to some wooden ISP. I wouldnt even write if I wasnt be sure that its not just me. Ofc theres possibility that funcom servers are ok (except the fact that location is a disaster for majority of AoC players - from 20-40mS to 120-150mS) and the problem is somewhere else.

Also getting lots of spikes since 5.0 and server spikes seem more frequent.

Yeah, major spikes every day, full redbar for 5-10 seconds at a time.
    Last edited by Evito; 24th July 2016 at 10:27.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast