Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When is New Pvp gear coming and levels

If i remember correctly, in advance someone cry that PvP go down and PvP community is becoming smaller and smaller. In advance someone cry the minis becomes low quality and players don't play to win. But someone is too blind to understand that for 10.PvP there is no other occupation as just farming their f....ng k/d rating. They don't care about victory because they get NOTHING if win. There are plenty of 10.PvP healers that don't heal, there are plenty of 10.PvP tanks that don't cap flag, damagers that don't support. Exactly, these are the players who don't care about nothing else than a personal ass. Exactly they farm lowbies and make a mockery of them. Open your eyes!
    Last edited by Ernests; 6th July 2016 at 13:25.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Seriously, is this hard to understand? Winning in PvP is a reward in itself. The gear should only be there to show off your prowess. The progression is your SKILL not your GEAR.

If you only play to win in PvP because of the carrot you get in the end you really haven't understood what PvP is about and are approaching PvP from a PvE point of view.

these are just nice words, I see what happens in practice every day
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Seriously, is this hard to understand? Winning in PvP is a reward in itself. The gear should only be there to show off your prowess. The progression is your SKILL not your GEAR.

If you only play to win in PvP because of the carrot you get in the end you really haven't understood what PvP is about and are approaching PvP from a PvE point of view.
    I agree with you but after over 5 years it would be nice to get some progression for pvp again.
    Kinaputten

As example we should be able to get runes similar to t5 but more pvp oriented.

Normally i would be against power progression but if they keep it as low as it's been so far (think t1 -> t2 and t2 -> t3) it should be fine, except the weapons. The weapons just can't grow in strength much more. But i think it's a very temporary solution and on top of it one that won't work very well.

I'd rather they implement a ladder for minigames where each player gets a rating and wins increase that rating, while loses decrease it. Ofc they would have to make the rating modification be dynamic (so the amount you win or lose depends on the average rating of both teams) and they would need to put an extra condition for minigames to start and that is each team to have at least 1 healer and 1 soldier (maybe even 1 mage and 1 rogue on each but i'm not sure). After that the system will spread out the classes as evenly as possible and balance the teams so that the closest average rating between the teams is achieved.

I actually think this would be a better carrot on a stick system for pvp than adding more power progression every few years.

We need a System where u only fight vs chars which are max +1 pvp lvl. So pvp lvl 1and 2; 3 to 4; 5 to 6 up to pvp 9er vs pvp 10 fight each other. This would even give beginner the Chance to Start in a fair match and get better. No farming anymore and true, fair pvp. And yes there will be enough Player to get the Minis running! Dont bring fury as an example the Server is already dead.

Pvp can only grow if newbies get a fair chance and dont get raped by unbeatable Tier 10 Players. Also there will be a fair competition for the Tier 10 and at the end real clutches, fun and intensive fights. Kd whores will have to Focus on the goals now, like Minis are Made for.

This is the only way pvp can be growing. Nothing else we need to bring back pvp into aoc.
    Last edited by Tribuuu; 6th July 2016 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribuuu View Post
    We need a System where u only fight vs chars which are max +1 pvp lvl. So pvp lvl 1and 2; 3 to 4; 5 to 6 up to pvp 9er vs pvp 10 fight each other. This would even give beginner the Chance to Start in a fair match and get better. No farming anymore and true, fair pvp. And yes there will be enough Player to get the Minis running! Dont bring fury as an example the Server is already dead.

Pvp can only grow if newbies get a fair chance and dont get raped by unbeatable Tier 10 Players. Also there will be a fair competition for the Tier 10 and at the end real clutches, fun and intensive fights. Kd whores will have to Focus on the goals now, like Minis are Made for.

This is the only way pvp can be growing. Nothing else we need to bring back pvp into aoc.
    With current PvP population ? get on the ground please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribuuu View Post

what vouga said

I would prefer the same stats on any PvP gear, just better and better visuals, glory, whatever....dont wanna think about any suggestions since its like talking to the hand and pure waste of time (talking about PvP side of the game).

Arguing about pitting like levels against each other makes no sense. How can there ever be fair, level appropriate brackets when it's possible to have full AA vs no-AA, Full store bought T2 at any level vs nothing? There hasn't been an even playing field in regards to gear since 1.04.

My Pvp9 Tos, (75% to L10) only ever had the T2 chest, legs and shield and nothing else because the gear is so darn expensive and one levels far too fast to acquire enough tokens to buy it all. In fact, it's still rocking the T1 mace and it wasn't until about PVP9 that the last of the T1 armor pcs finally came off. If you think about it, my TOS at L6-7 wouldn't have been a fair fight vs even a L0-5 in T2 storebought. There's no fair fights in this game at any level until everyone is 10, with all of the 10 gear, and full AA. Then it's back to a matter of class vs class and the choices the player makes with spec, accessories, and the like.

Personally, I'd like to see Funcom release the 11-15 gear for visuals only with no stat increases. The PVP T4 gear looks awesome and there's no reason that people that have 5,000/10,000+ mini's under their belt shouldn't be able to sport it. To get that many games takes serious dedication to 1 toon and some players out there have that. I know I'd play to get it even if it didn't have a stat increase.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast