Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When is New Pvp gear coming and levels

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Yup. We were told there would be new AA's. Obviously that's also been silently scrapped.

According to Cirith before he left, T4 PvP gear is finished.. they just don't know how to introduce it.
    designs were finished since they introduced t2 and then t3 pvp gear. I think they modeled T4 pvp gear first and it should have been pvp t2, but then Craig wanted to have probably more pvp armors to introduce in future updates and so they did less cool armors from original pvp t4 models......thats why textures and design is so bad on t2 pvp armors and slightly better on t3 pvp models. T4 pvp armors are really beautiful imo

Theres a very old video from some Funcom dev whos playing demon character in T4 PvP gear...and the vid is prolly older then Bori (ah yeah, Bori content is rly still in this game? and what about PvP festival tweaks like at least 12 ppl in instance to start the group part of events?)

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    Theres a very old video from some Funcom dev whos playing demon character in T4 PvP gear...and the vid is prolly older then Bori (ah yeah, Bori content is rly still in this game? and what about PvP festival tweaks like at least 12 ppl in instance to start the group part of events?)
    that video is way older than bori I posted it on tasyfa old forum yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago

found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KPK1KgaNtw
    Last edited by Anorain; 14th July 2016 at 17:31.

All I can see in that video are the conception of Tarantia Commons and some artworks and early animations of the pvp10 armors. Those artworks were posted on the old EU forums back in 2009/2010 (can't remember exactly, it's old ) by someone from Funcom, and you can get them here for example (thanks Slith for the link ).
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anorain View Post
    that video is way older than bori I posted it on tasyfa old forum yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago

found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KPK1KgaNtw
    Thats not it, in that one someone in T4 demo gear was walking around khop or a similar location.

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    Thats not it, in that one someone in T4 demo gear was walking around khop or a similar location.
    end of video.....and some parts of it shows demo in pvp t4 in khop ;-)

also pvp t4 BS was shown in trailer for Xiba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEf-WfzV-Q

at 0:48 and 1:28
    Last edited by Anorain; 14th July 2016 at 21:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    PvP T4 gear in no-way looks like pokemon gear. It's basically more awesome versions of PvP T3 for every class.

There is a reason that any game with power progression has only very casual PvP. Actual competitive players enjoy improving themselves and measuring own skill against each other more then improving their characters and winning because their char is stronger then their opponents. I've done some PvP in AoC myself but having superior gear and far superior AA then my opponents completely takes away the sensation of winning and the feeling of achievement.
    Pink conq gear is more awesome version of pvp t3?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribuuu View Post
    We need a System where u only fight vs chars which are max +1 pvp lvl. So pvp lvl 1and 2; 3 to 4; 5 to 6 up to pvp 9er vs pvp 10 fight each other. This would even give beginner the Chance to Start in a fair match and get better. No farming anymore and true, fair pvp. And yes there will be enough Player to get the Minis running! Dont bring fury as an example the Server is already dead.

Pvp can only grow if newbies get a fair chance and dont get raped by unbeatable Tier 10 Players. Also there will be a fair competition for the Tier 10 and at the end real clutches, fun and intensive fights. Kd whores will have to Focus on the goals now, like Minis are Made for.

This is the only way pvp can be growing. Nothing else we need to bring back pvp into aoc.
    This is wrong. Pvp 0 , 1, 2 levels does not mean the person is in blue gear necessarily. The only way to make skill the question mark is to make every player of each class have the same gear and AA's and then fight them against each other.

Otherwise you may have a player in T4/T5 gear fighting someone in trash blues. Even a skilled player in the blues will likely go down to a novice because of 1) less HP 2) lower damage output 3) less AAs 4) Less armor/prot 5) etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Im here with Hyen, Lurvi and others who want new pvp gear tier be the same stats as T3 and have diffrent and more cool visuals. I think increasing stats will just kill all opportunities for new players to fit in pvp system which they gotten now with capabilty of buying T2 pvp gear from shop. We need to make pvp community more open for newcommers rather than closing it by adding more power gear for skilled players with top levels.

Also I would like to see special gear which could be bought for victory tokens from pvp festival (could have as well t3 pvp stats + some new visuals).

All we're talking about are mini games so just allow vanity armor and be done with it.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th July 2016 at 09:23.

Of course, the few PvP'rs what left are satisfied. Because otherwise they would not to play PvP also.
    But I personally miss the huge players' activity, which was in earlier times, when PvP 3 come out. The latest developments are a direct proof of the importance of the reward. Look at madness of PvE Arena, where you can get the best necklace. Compare it with the silence that prevails in the PvP arena, where the necklace almost indistinguishable from the PvP 3. Look at large players' activity in RF, where you can get the legendary ring. I guarantee the PvP'rs would increase many times if the new PvP gear or AA come out. The only question is whether the existing PvP-rs are ready for these changes...
    Last edited by Ernests; 19th July 2016 at 13:01.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

This is a pvp progression game. The gear gap doesn't matter if there are no one left playing the game. Can't even get a mini at night during US time.

Add a mini map would be ok. Unchained mini. Why didn't these things ever happen? Paying to be allowed to play super old content when all the other new games are coming out is why AoC lost its players.

If they made pvp 11 with minimal stat changes, maybe a new map and new looking pvp gear (not just new colors) I bet some people would return. I would play my pvp 10 characters again if I could get something out of it. Until then its just playing alts.

BTW pvp content could have been endless, with different situations and people if everyone remained on the pvp server. That's what made this game so incredible to me. The guild you were in mattered. Ganking someone could lead to all kinds of things, short term battle or long term fueds. I wish these people would come back.

I'm still logging on though, just not really dedicated like before because I'm bored.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast