Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shard farming bans?

Default Shard farming bans?

Is it true that people starting shard farming raids are getting long bans? Can't see this anywhere but a guildy mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Is it true that people starting shard farming raids are getting long bans? Can't see this anywhere but a guildy mentioned it.
    Yes its 100% true. Funcom lost me as one of its last supporters. Without any warning, 2 guildies of mine got insta-banned for 7 days. Its despicable. I cant find words for the hatred I feel towards FC.

I suppose that will send the Ibis prices sky-high
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    Yes its 100% true. Funcom lost me as one of its last supporters. Without any warning, 2 guildies of mine got insta-banned for 7 days. Its despicable. I cant find words for the hatred I feel towards FC.
    Only 7 days? I was hoping that you guys get 30 days. Bleh
    We will be Serious after death.

Probably a foolish question, but what is a "shard farming raid?"

I've only seen the term, "shard," in Ultima Online and the best I can see that it applies to Conan would be as identifying between Crom and Fury. But, that doesn't seem to make sense to me.

By "farming," I'm figuring that is to go after a resource - say, silver - and, basically, make that your goal for the session; to glom up all the silver.
    By "raid," I'm guessing that this means a concerted, multi-player effort.

The only real term throwing me off is the "shard" one; I figure I've got the others pretty much correct. But, that "shard" one is just slapping my old brain around too much for the rest of it to coalesce properly. How does "shard" relate in AoC terms?

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Probably a foolish question, but what is a "shard farming raid?"

I've only seen the term, "shard," in Ultima Online and the best I can see that it applies to Conan would be as identifying between Crom and Fury. But, that doesn't seem to make sense to me.

By "farming," I'm figuring that is to go after a resource - say, silver - and, basically, make that your goal for the session; to glom up all the silver.
    By "raid," I'm guessing that this means a concerted, multi-player effort.

The only real term throwing me off is the "shard" one; I figure I've got the others pretty much correct. But, that "shard" one is just slapping my old brain around too much for the rest of it to coalesce properly. How does "shard" relate in AoC terms?
    A shard is a "Shard of the Exiled God". It is a crafting resource used in making Ibis Swords and the T3 crafted weapons. These shards only drop from the trash mobs between Yaremka and Sabazious in T2, W1.

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    Only 7 days? I was hoping that you guys get 30 days. Bleh
    Idi u picku materinu.

------

As long as I play (3 years) people do shard farming and are advertising in global for shard farming raids. There was also once a guildie who sent a petition to a GM to help him with an instance problem while shard farming - and the GM helped him.

And then out of a sudden ppl get banned without Farming.

FC does everything it can to piss off veterans.

So,... are the people who get bans the ones that start raids with the intent to not kill the last boss? Everyone in the raid that doesn't kill the last boss? Or just those groups of three to six that farm instances every 15 minutes killing trash mobs for shard boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    A shard is a "Shard of the Exiled God". It is a crafting resource used in making Ibis Swords and the T3 crafted weapons. These shards only drop from the trash mobs between Yaremka and Sabazious in T2, W1.
    Ah! So, "shard farming raid" is, essentially, the same as "[insert resource here] farming raid."

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    So,... are the people who get bans the ones that start raids with the intent to not kill the last boss? Everyone in the raid that doesn't kill the last boss? Or just those groups of three to six that farm instances every 15 minutes killing trash mobs for shard boxes?
    As of now I would guess, only the last mentioned in your post. But: No one knows and no one knew. And thats the reason for my hatred. If FC would have announced the new policy after many years of fully tolerating it, I would not like the decision but I could accept it. But the way they out of a sudden banned veterans without any warning is despicable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast