Thread: Want to play Age of Conan with an ULTRA-WIDE monitor for FREE!!!??? check this out.

Red face Want to play Age of Conan with an ULTRA-WIDE monitor for FREE!!!??? check this out.

So i'm absolutely consumed right now with the "hyboria" world. I've been playing on a 42 inch monitor but I've really REALLY been looking at the ULTRA-WIDE monitors that have come out. The problem? a 34 Ultra-wide monitor is just not big enough.

So the solution??? If you have a 1080p monitor/tv and want to experience ultra-wide, MAKE A CUSTOM RESOLUTION!!! This is 100% fully working and will give you the EXACT same full/look of an ultra-wide for absolutely free.

Nvidia Control Panel
    Custom resolution:
    1920x822 60hz (or 120hz if you have that capability)

Now, set this on your DESKTOP as the current resolution. Then, load up Age of Conan, at the launcher; set the "new" resolution found in settings 1920x822. FULL SCREEN WINDOWED MODE.

BAM!

Prepare to be absolutely AMAZED by the cinema movie experience. Yes you will have a lower and upper black bar...but you gain ALL the width an its that much easier on the eyes.

Let me know what you think!!!
    Kyloth

tbh I don't know what you are talking about...

I have an ultra-wide monitor and I play AOC in 3440x1440 without any tweaks in- or outside the game, that option was already there

game experience is amazing, only the background pictures in the character slection screen are too small and overlapping...

I don't know what he is talking about either. The resolution in AoC works like in 2d games, the higher the res the more you see (and the smaller the UI )

I have compared 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 and without zooming in/out I can see waaay more stuff in 1440p. And both res are 16/9 aspect ratio.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

He's making a suggestion to "emulate" an ultra-wide 34'' on a normal width 42"

Almsot go it.

He's talking about a cinematic styled gameplay. More visual width. And he's not wrong. This game is better with wide-screen enhancements. My brother bought one of those new wanky super big Samsung bendy screens and I snuck in a quick load of AoC using some crazy aspects and ****.

Just do as the man above says.

Open your mind to what he's saying, not what you're thinking he's saying.

822 height pixels, whats that screen made up of then chats and menus? I think playing on a 1080 gives too little room, so I went and got a Dell U2715H (2560x1440) and now THAT is a great monitor to play AoC on.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Almsot go it.

He's talking about a cinematic styled gameplay. More visual width. And he's not wrong. This game is better with wide-screen enhancements. My brother bought one of those new wanky super big Samsung bendy screens and I snuck in a quick load of AoC using some crazy aspects and ****.

Just do as the man above says.

Open your mind to what he's saying, not what you're thinking he's saying.
    It's all a matter of opinion. One of my friends at work has one of the super wide Samsungs you're describing and I can't stand it. I still prefer 16:10 over 16:9 so 21:9 (or whatever those ultra-wides are) doesn't work for me at all. Especially if you use any work software on the same computer you run games on, vertical space becomes very valuable with CAD tools or anything else that has a lot of menus/toolbars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    It's all a matter of opinion. One of my friends at work has one of the super wide Samsungs you're describing and I can't stand it. I still prefer 16:10 over 16:9 so 21:9 (or whatever those ultra-wides are) doesn't work for me at all. Especially if you use any work software on the same computer you run games on, vertical space becomes very valuable with CAD tools or anything else that has a lot of menus/toolbars at the top and bottom of the screen.
    Amen.
    Short cuts make long delays.