Thread: Pvplease

Default Pvplease

Before all of you vets leave en masse due to the new item shop, would you use this thread to post your collective tips for new players (y'know, the ones that the shop changes are supposed to bring it)? One of the most staggering things I've notice while playing is that you guys have a lot of wisdom to drop and an equal amount of frustration with newbies/baddies ruining your mini games. Simple tips like how to avoid ccs, what to look for before launching one yourself, etc. would be super helpful for most fresh 80s. In addition, I've found some really insightful class specific stuff buried in various threads over the years. If we could pool pvp specific tips in this thread, it might help invigorate pvp on fury after the rage merge, keeping it strong, and simultaneously improve the quality of said minis. Anyway, it keeps surprising me how much secret knowledge is out there or buried in old posts--sometimes a tell from a vet can change someone's entire play-style and how cool is that?!

So if you've anything to post, it would be much appreciated by me and more recent players.

Thanks AoC community!

*Edit: I didn't want to get too specific and influence the direction of feedback with duel vs. mini or general vs. specific tips.

So I'll go first and say that I read a post by Suctum and it really helped me think about my position on a mini team with respect to situational awareness. Tip #1 Try to learn your archetype's role in a mini or ask before it starts, if you are new and don't know. Your team will thank you and be less likely to go afk or rage quit.

The second thing I'm glad someone shared with me was how to combo-jump. I still miss combos, but my teacher was a keyboard jedi and still dominates on barb to this day whenever he logs in. I'm glad to have learned the skill. Tip #2 Ask someone to teach you to combo jump, especially if you are a squishy melee toon.
    Last edited by Kelnin; 13th June 2016 at 00:27.
    "Does it always smell like this?"

Rule #1 : You make Them drop the soap
    Rule #2 : Dont take one yourself
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Teaching pvp on forum is like teaching box by phone. Ingame i can show how to move and what to do but only in 1v1 situations since i cant play with friends on mini.
    It will be good for every new player to read pvp guide from Usedtissue here in pvp section. Its just more than awesome.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 13th June 2016 at 01:05.

Last time i mostly playing on fury with my hox Almangor. If someone wants to learn combojump or anything else you can always ask me for help.

I see melees doing more than fine without combojumping, they can easily top kills without jumping around like fcking bunnies.

I also think for new players, learning combojumping on top of everything else will just be confusing.
    Kinaputten

Many family styles of kung fu died because the last teacher could not find a suitable student and died without an heir. Shaolin kung fu was restored from the ruins by virtue of texts that preserved the arts. So many of the unique pvp insights and play-styles will disappear or only survive in an oblique or offhand forum comment, if we as a community don't make an effort to preserve them. I will lament this outcome. Even those of you who no longer play the game, please comment with an anecdote, tip or anything else that is useful for new players.

Some people won't comb through dated posts to excavate fossils. And other people want to play and take the tldr approach to guides. Both are lame points of view, but with the game on life support and funcom with the scalpel, it falls on our shoulders to perform CPR. Even after months off from this game, I end up coming back. Fury deserves an effort at preservation. Who needs another ghost town like Rage?
    "Does it always smell like this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnin View Post
    Before all of you vets leave en masse due to the new item shop, would you use this thread to post your collective tips for new players (y'know, the ones that the shop changes are supposed to bring it)? One of the most staggering things I've notice while playing is that you guys have a lot of wisdom to drop and an equal amount of frustration with newbies/baddies ruining your mini games. Simple tips like how to avoid ccs, what to look for before launching one yourself, etc. would be super helpful for most fresh 80s. In addition, I've found some really insightful class specific stuff buried in various threads over the years. If we could pool pvp specific tips in this thread, it might help invigorate pvp on fury after the rage merge, keeping it strong, and simultaneously improve the quality of said minis. Anyway, it keeps surprising me how much secret knowledge is out there or buried in old posts--sometimes a tell from a vet can change someone's entire play-style and how cool is that?!

So if you've anything to post, it would be much appreciated by me and more recent players.

Thanks AoC community!

*Edit: I didn't want to get too specific and influence the direction of feedback with duel vs. mini or general vs. specific tips.

So I'll go first and say that I read a post by Suctum and it really helped me think about my position on a mini team with respect to situational awareness. Tip #1 Try to learn your archetype's role in a mini or ask before it starts, if you are new and don't know. Your team will thank you and be less likely to go afk or rage quit.

The second thing I'm glad someone shared with me was how to combo-jump. I still miss combos, but my teacher was a keyboard jedi and still dominates on barb to this day whenever he logs in. I'm glad to have learned the skill. Tip #2 Ask someone to teach you to combo jump, especially if you are a squishy melee toon.
    Yes, I have a question. Why the vets leave en masse due to the new item shop?