Thread: Issue with Billing on Conan?

Angry Issue with Billing on Conan?

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone's had any past experience with funcom support

Sent them an email asking to remove a failed payment, and they locked my account and are now asking for my ID and debit card information?

Any ideas...

Belaf {Slaughterer}

Quote Originally Posted by Belaf View Post
    Hi All,

Wondering if anyone's had any past experience with funcom support

Sent them an email asking to remove a failed payment, and they locked my account and are now asking for my ID and debit card information?

Any ideas...
    Yeah give em want they want asap or the acc gone they fu*kers for it im still trying for my 2008 acc back and it was using old credit card an they want to see the dam thing, well its gone same as my old acc
    Edit by Melcom: so not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blourg View Post
    Yeah give em want they want asap or the acc gone they fu*kers for it im still trying for my 2008 acc back and it was using old credit card an they want to see the dam thing, well its gone same as my old acc
    They haven't actually locked my account, just locked all my character slots.. and account says "Frozen"

Belaf {Slaughterer}

You'll have to email support and give them what they want.

Unfortunately, this happens a lot because their billing system is in Europe. When you use your credit card, your company/bank blocks the transaction because it thinks the card is being used in Europe. Then their payment system detects as being a fraudulent transaction and they end up locking/freezing it.

They really should have the option based on your address to charge your card in your country.

Paypal or game cards are the only real alternative.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post

Unfortunately, this happens a lot because their billing system is in Europe. When you use your credit card, your company/bank blocks the transaction because it thinks the card is being used in Europe. Then their payment system detects as being a fraudulent transaction and they end up locking/freezing it.

They really should have the option based on your address to charge your card in your country.

i pay from mexico in EUR, and have no problems. also, every time i've needed to remove a failed payment i didn't have any trouble, they did it asap.
    for me their customer service has been great, cannot complain.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    i pay from mexico in EUR, and have no problems. also, every time i've needed to remove a failed payment i didn't have any trouble, they did it asap.
    for me their customer service has been great, cannot complain.
    Depends on the provider of the credit card or bank and what security they have, not your physical location.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post

Yes, this is a problem.

My bank required me to authorize every month that the charge was proper, but nuts to that.

So, I set up a PayPal plan.

Annoying, but it works - except for a burp a couple of weeks ago when it didn't pay for some reason.