Thread: Returning Player Seeking Guild

Default Returning Player Seeking Guild

As the title says, I'm a returning player that is looking for a guild. You'd think that would be easy, given the plethora of guild banner spam I see on a daily basis when I've been in game but I figured I'd try here as well.

I mostly play healers because I find maintanking to be a foreign concept to me and I take to healing better than the other archtypes (That being said, I eventually plan to learn other classes). Given that I'm along the shy side when it comes to raiding and grouping, I spend alot of my time on game doing solo things, but do enjoy grouping on occasion. I don't care to raid much, but occasionally I will get an itch that needs to be satiated, however this is all determined on how I feel with the group of people I'm with.. as I said, I'm on the shy side. I do have basic xp in places like HoC, RoF, Vortex, Pagoda, and I remember getting lost getting to the top in Yag a few times for those elusive pants. I also have some recollection of what I need to do in t1, t2, t3 lower, and the first two bosses of t3.5, so I'm not a complete writeoff with raiding (though getting me to x up could be another story )

My gear atm is rather... uh... not the greatest because I started over on my return (so I could ensure I learnt my class by the time I hit 80) and have only been back for around 20ish days and have spend a majority of that time guildless. Atm my PoM has a couple t1 pieces, crafted gear, and the beginnings of my "Grind endlessly for khitai gear" set (khitai purple wrists and boots)

With this all being said, I'm looking for a guild that is friendly, will teach me instances I might not know, likes to do oldworld dungeons as well as khitai dungeons... and doesn't make me feel like I have to x up for every single guild raid/activity that is done. Being chatty in guild chat (or vent) would be awesome too. Raiding isnt as important to me atm, but could change if I found the right group of people to play with. Oh, and the ability to understand English as primary communications. (though if a nice non-english speaking guild wants to teach me their language that's cool!)

...and so I dont get asked later... My normal playtimes are varied but I'm normally on the most frequently in the USA afternoon/evening hours.

I think we Dawnsong would be the ideal guild for you, thats untill I read the last line. As we do have quite a few Americans on board most of our guild runs are done during EU hours.
    All the rest is there..

Thain

Quote Originally Posted by Lene View Post
    As the title says, I'm a returning player that is looking for a guild. You'd think that would be easy, given the plethora of guild banner spam I see on a daily basis when I've been in game but I figured I'd try here as well.

I mostly play healers because I find maintanking to be a foreign concept to me and I take to healing better than the other archtypes (That being said, I eventually plan to learn other classes). Given that I'm along the shy side when it comes to raiding and grouping, I spend alot of my time on game doing solo things, but do enjoy grouping on occasion. I don't care to raid much, but occasionally I will get an itch that needs to be satiated, however this is all determined on how I feel with the group of people I'm with.. as I said, I'm on the shy side. I do have basic xp in places like HoC, RoF, Vortex, Pagoda, and I remember getting lost getting to the top in Yag a few times for those elusive pants. I also have some recollection of what I need to do in t1, t2, t3 lower, and the first two bosses of t3.5, so I'm not a complete writeoff with raiding (though getting me to x up could be another story )

My gear atm is rather... uh... not the greatest because I started over on my return (so I could ensure I learnt my class by the time I hit 80) and have only been back for around 20ish days and have spend a majority of that time guildless. Atm my PoM has a couple t1 pieces, crafted gear, and the beginnings of my "Grind endlessly for khitai gear" set (khitai purple wrists and boots)

With this all being said, I'm looking for a guild that is friendly, will teach me instances I might not know, likes to do oldworld dungeons as well as khitai dungeons... and doesn't make me feel like I have to x up for every single guild raid/activity that is done. Being chatty in guild chat (or vent) would be awesome too. Raiding isnt as important to me atm, but could change if I found the right group of people to play with. Oh, and the ability to understand English as primary communications. (though if a nice non-english speaking guild wants to teach me their language that's cool!)

...and so I dont get asked later... My normal playtimes are varied but I'm normally on the most frequently in the USA afternoon/evening hours.

As a side note...tonight starts the world boss action. If you haven't done it so far, you should go to the steps of the library in OT and talk to the aeromancer (I think) and get the quest. It will give you a legendary nice cloak option if you kill a wb every month for a year.

The world boss this month is in Turan (ashadir port). You can buy ports from the veteran npc who uses your veteran points from subscribing. If you don't have many points I'd recommend you use them to buy the ports first.

The world boss is a raid boss but you basically show up as a solo player (usually don't get invited). You get to work on your rusty skills and no one cares if you die a lot (grin). The wb drops t1 and t2 gear (including weapons) and rarely will drop rare boxes which might have t3 relics or rares or even 3.5 gear. It also drops a bunch of social stuff, like outfits and potions. You can make some gold by selling the social outfits (some are worth 30 silver each and drop up to eight items). You might also get rare or nonrare pets, some can be sold and some are bind on pickup.

WB runs for one week (first wed of each month starting at GMT 0, which is about 5 pm or so PST us)

Some people can totally gear up t2 in one week. you can also do it with under lvl 80 characters but can't use the t1/t2 gear til lvl 80.

Hope that helps.

You should look for an active social type guild though. I see achmophobia raiding again, dawnsong advertises a lot, pugvinity (tainted souls) raids a lot in late PST times...you might see which guilds have people online doing whatever when you are online and which guilds are raiding or advertising in your play time.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    As a side note...tonight starts the world boss action. If you haven't done it so far, you should go to the steps of the library in OT and talk to the aeromancer (I think) and get the quest. It will give you a legendary nice cloak option if you kill a wb every month for a year.

The world boss this month is in Turan (ashadir port). You can buy ports from the veteran npc who uses your veteran points from subscribing. If you don't have many points I'd recommend you use them to buy the ports first.

The world boss is a raid boss but you basically show up as a solo player (usually don't get invited). You get to work on your rusty skills and no one cares if you die a lot (grin). The wb drops t1 and t2 gear (including weapons) and rarely will drop rare boxes which might have t3 relics or rares or even 3.5 gear. It also drops a bunch of social stuff, like outfits and potions. You can make some gold by selling the social outfits (some are worth 30 silver each and drop up to eight items). You might also get rare or nonrare pets, some can be sold and some are bind on pickup.

WB runs for one week (first wed of each month starting at GMT 0, which is about 5 pm or so PST us)

Some people can totally gear up t2 in one week. you can also do it with under lvl 80 characters but can't use the t1/t2 gear til lvl 80.

Hope that helps.

You should look for an active social type guild though. I see achmophobia raiding again, dawnsong advertises a lot, pugvinity (tainted souls) raids a lot in late PST times...you might see which guilds have people online doing whatever when you are online and which guilds are raiding or advertising in your play time.

Good luck
    You don't need to go to the steps and get the quest. As soon as you do the first world boss the quest is your journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    The wb drops t1 and t2 gear (including weapons) and rarely will drop rare boxes which might have t3 relics or rares or even 3.5 gear.
    Does it really drop t3.5 gear? that would be an awesome add in to the wb, never seen or heard of a drop of 3.5 gear before tho
    Resident nab at Khemi University
    Robdobsin-sin
    Robdobpom-pom, Robdobconq-conq, Robdobtos-tos, Robdobguard-guard, Robdobdt-dt, Robdobdemon-demo, Robdobp-necro, Robdobhox-hox, Robdobbarb-barb, Robdobranger-ranger
    {CircleofEternity}

Default WB Data

For this season's WB (starting Dec 2015 - 6 bosses) I average 22: T1, 4-5: T2, and about 27 SRIII plus around 42 gold. Out of 797 kills I have averaged 5.5 purple boxes and I have received 2: T3 (equivalent) and 5 boss pets. This is getting over 100 boxes per boss. I've always heard the WB drops T3 equivalent but I have never actually compared stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Robdobp View Post
    Does it really drop t3.5 gear? that would be an awesome add in to the wb, never seen or heard of a drop of 3.5 gear before tho
    No the WB does NOT drop the REAL T3,5 items. There are only some weapons (That only drop from WBs) that have better Stats than T3 weapons but inferior to T4 weapons, this is why people refer to them as T3,5 weapons / items.
    The real T3,5 items (armor and weapons) can only be obtained in T3,5 raids (Erlik Temple).

Look at the categories "Raid Weapons" and "Raid Accessoires", these are the so called "T3,5" items that drop from WBs. But in fact, they are not real T3,5 items, they just have similar stats.
    Last edited by xCodename; 1st June 2016 at 17:11.

A couple of guilds for you to look into...in alphabetical order...:

Bathed in Blood : runs T1 and T2 raids on a schedule every week; as far as I've seen one of the few guilds/raids who still will explain the strategies verbally (the guild leader likes to use teamspeak voice during these raids). USA based.

Shadowdancers: not sure of their raid schedule; had been doing T3 and T3.5 a few months back. I still see their recruitment scripts during the times that you play.

The Walking Dead: not sure how many times they still do T1, T2 and T3 raids - this might be spontaneous. T4 and T5 on their raid calender. USA based. Uses Ventrillo during raids.

I've found a guild!

I want to thank everyone who responded on this thread and who sent me a mail. You all gave great suggestions and helped point me in a direction. But what REALLY did it was when I attended the worldboss for June and hung out in a group while healing a few instances with people from the guild I applied to.

Thanks again!