Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: COMING SOON: Membership Revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    You can take a look at the TSW and AO membership revamps to get an idea of what's in store.
    So I know that TSW membership got posted...is AOC getting decreased raid timers, dungeon timers, free funcom points every month for paid subs?

Otherwise 'looking at TSW' just makes AOC 'offers' look more anemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    So I know that TSW membership got posted...is AOC getting decreased raid timers, dungeon timers, free funcom points every month for paid subs?

Otherwise 'looking at TSW' just makes AOC 'offers' look more anemic.
    First they say "Look at tsw and ao to get an idea". And then they say "The Secret World and Age of Conan are different games with different account structures and systems, different stores, and different mechanics.".
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    First they say "Look at tsw and ao to get an idea". And then they say "The Secret World and Age of Conan are different games with different account structures and systems, different stores, and different mechanics.".
    Yeah I know what you mean. When they first said to go check out TSW's membership, I did and I liked what I saw. Especially the 1200 free bonus points per month they got compared to our 200. Sure seems life we're getting the shaft here in comparison with us getting 0 bonus points going forward.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulfr View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. When they first said to go check out TSW's membership, I did and I liked what I saw. Especially the 1200 free bonus points per month they got compared to our 200. Sure seems life we're getting the shaft here in comparison with us getting 0 bonus points going forward.
    Remember that AOC will also have a Daily Reward for all players (including f2p) just for logging in, which is something that TSW does not offer. The free rewards from the Store item consumables list is most likely the reason that Funcom discontinued the 200 Bonus Points per month and also raised the prices in the Store.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    Remember that AOC will also have a Daily Reward for all players (including f2p) just for logging in, which is something that TSW does not offer. The free rewards from the Store item consumables list is most likely the reason that Funcom discontinued the 200 Bonus Points per month and also raised the prices in the Store.
    Yes, that must be the reason they keep so quiet about them and just said so far about a few critics "this was planned for the daily rewards". If they really would be worth even 200 pts, they would or rather SHOULD have given more info about them by now.

-what are the conditions under which the rewards are given?
    -will the rewards be random?
    -will the rewards be temporary?
    -will the rewards be stockable?
    -will the rewards take into account, if you already got them? (for example, the "extra feat spec" will be worth NOTHING for people already bought 5. Same with other stuff having a max number)
    -will the players have any control about what rewards they get?
    -will they awarded by char or by account (for example if i have 16 chars and get 1 superduper potion per day, it has less value, if i had only 1 char...while if i got it per char on login it will be different (still not 16 times better, since relogging IS work and can take lots of real time).
    -will excess rewards be lost (for example with full inventory) or go on claim?

Value is highly subjective in an MMO, what i like and welcome in a fixed reward system might not be what you like. That is what makes a player controlable currency imperative as part of a membership like they intend. Especially since "daily login" is not a positive only thing for several valid reasons (addiction management, time management, pressure and stress management, etc.). So it is per definition not the same value to everyone...compared to a flat point value awarded.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th June 2016 at 19:03.

Since the first rule of Fight Club is that we don't talk about Fight Club... without going into details my initial impression is that the changes will be very much worth it for new(er) players. The changes provide very good incentives to sub right from day 1 unlike how it is currently where there's no compelling reason to sub until level 80.

For hardcore vets I can't say. Too much we haven't seen yet such as the long term rewards from the challenge system and the loyalty rewards. "What to get the person who has everything?" is always a problem. To such a person 200 bonus points a month saved towards vanity gear or offsetting the cost of a bigger bag or bank space, etc, might be worth a lot as those are the only things they really need/want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulfr View Post
    I have to agree that the current ftp model here is really bad. After how bad EQII's ftp model was I never thought I'd see worse, but here it is.

Turbine's Lord of the Rings online has a really nice ftp model, and I like Star Wars : The Old Republic's as well, but only because all of the account unlocks can be bought and listed on the GTN ( broker, trader etc ) to be bought with in game currency. The only bad thing with theirs is the credit cap, but that can be overcome.

I really hope the new membership changes will make things more player friendly here and maybe draw in some old and new players alike. This is a great game, but it does need some love and attention if it's to keep on going for the duration.
    SWTOR has one of the worst f2p ever seen.
    It is true that you can unlock feauture into game because you can put them on sale (there is a lot less stuff bound respect of AoC) however the feature stupidest coast milions and millions of credits but a f2p has the limit to 450.000 credit and then I always I wondered the way!
    The idea is nice but it does not work, perhaps because of a comunity of the ugliest ever seen.
    Everyone is selfish and childish, the LFG is nice but it did not work as long as due have not been made huge nerf and the addition of auto-healing in the room as people play it as a single player, except in organized guild can not to do anything, there are DPS, DPS and only DPS around, no tanks, no healer, people dont want do groups and often just they turn-off the chat and play it as single-player!
    Last edited by zujilin; 25th June 2016 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    SWTOR has one of the worst f2p ever seen.
    It is true that you can unlock feauture into game because you can put them on sale (there is a lot less stuff bound respect of AoC) however the feature stupidest coast milions and millions of credits but a f2p has the limit to 450.000 credit and then I always I wondered the way!
    The idea is nice but it does not work, perhaps because of a comunity of the ugliest ever seen.
    Everyone is selfish and childish, the LFG is nice but it did not work as long as due have not been made huge nerf and the addition of auto-healing in the room as people play it as a single player, except in organized guild can not to do anything, there are DPS, DPS and only DPS around, no tanks, no healer, people dont want do groups and often just they turn-off the chat and play it as single-player!
    I guess that I don't find it that bad but that may be because I have everything unlocked on my account that possibly can be. The preferred credit cap is 350,000 credits, and the rest goes into an escrow account that you may access for cartel coins. Using their 'refer a friend' program back when I was subscribed and keeping a security key on my account (100cc per month) I have 226,000+ cartel coins for use in their game store. There really is nothing they sell that I have a problem buying, including the escrow access when I want to pull more credits out to buy something from the GTN.

I agree that the community over there can be pretty bad at times but that is nothing unique to that game. All MMO's have their share of folks that think it is cool to be a keyboard warrior. The pvp is where I always saw the worst chat, especially when someone new to it que'd and was trying to learn and some idiot would tear into them instead of helping them learn. I do in fact turn off chat in most games that I play these days except for guild and open say. I keep NPH on for AoC, but only turn on Global for world boss week. We never had issues with having a tank or healer but that's because we ran guild instances and raids.

I know a lot of folks do not like their ftp system but I honestly don't mind it at all.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789