Thread: Windows cannot find ageofconan.exe and localconfig.xml

Default Windows cannot find ageofconan.exe and localconfig.xml

Some months ago i had the game installed, had to delete it, now i wanted to play again but... didn't worked, first i tought it was because i downloaded the steam version, so i deleted it aswell and downloaded from the account website but i had the same problem, after the patch ends and click on the start button the "windows cannot find ageofconan.exe and then the same but with the localconfig.xml pops up...

tried with this http://thirstypirate.com/aoc/LocalConfig.zip (thanks to scaevacas) but didn't not solve the problem... funny thing is that i can clearly see both files in the AoC Folder, and if i change the names the patcher just dowload them again, but with the same problem.
    http://s32.postimg.org/hbk4zhsud/aoc_wont_start.png

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30GHz
    8 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 1gb
    Win10 pro

any ideas? ):
    meh...

Try running PatcherSetup.exe as admin.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Try running PatcherSetup.exe as admin.
    thanks, but already tried that, didn't work.
    meh...

I think its something to do with the aoc.exe that comes with Strange UI in data/Gui folder for activating the flash bars etc.
    I hadnt played for a while & had uninstalled the ui then ran into this issue as well, I did a fresh full install thinking that would fix it but nada.

So I installed Strange ui again & once that aoc.exe file was in & activated again it worked.

EDIT: This is of course if you use Strange ui, if not then I havent the foggiest sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    I think its something to do with the aoc.exe that comes with Strange UI in data/Gui folder for activating the flash bars etc.
    I hadnt played for a while & had uninstalled the ui then ran into this issue as well, I did a fresh full install thinking that would fix it but nada.

So I installed Strange ui again & once that aoc.exe file was in & activated again it worked.

EDIT: This is of course if you use Strange ui, if not then I havent the foggiest sorry.
    it worked!!
    thank you very much!! never tought of that... see you in game everyone
    meh...