Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cash shop armor is full of holes!

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    This is a known issue with the Khalar Zym set. My understanding of the issue is that these holes will only appear when the client is in DX10 or 11 mode. These holes should not be present in DX9.
    AoC has a DX11 mode? O.o
    Some time ago when we were asking about a DX11 upgrade for the Dreamworld Engine the Devs said that it was not possible with their ressources and expecially the old engine...

Funcom

Oh wait, I misspoke. There should be a DX9 and 10 mode, not 11. The holes appear in 10, but not 9.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    This is a known issue with the Khalar Zym set. My understanding of the issue is that these holes will only appear when the client is in DX10 or 11 mode. These holes should not be present in DX9.
    Thanks for the reply! So, for the somewhat computer illiterate among us (like me!) should I select some option to force DX9 use, and if so what advantages or disadvantages does this bring?

Funcom

Yeah, you can set DX9 mode from either the in-game options menu or from the launcher.

In-game:
    Click on "Video Options" and then click the "Advanced" tab, and then you should see an option for DirectX 9 and 10 at the top of that screen. If you do this in-game, please restart your client.

Launcher:
    Click on the "Options" link at the very top-right of the launcher screen (where you see the general announcements), and then on the right side of the screen that pops up, you may choose between DirectX 9 and 10.

There's not much of a difference between the two in Age of Conan. There may be extra details present in DX10 mode, but certain issues (like the holes in your armor) are present. Please let me know if the issue persists beyond switching DirectX modes. That would mean I'm 100% wrong and dumb. Thanks!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Thank you, Odonoptera! I'll give that a shot.

A little bit off topic, Can we have an old one AA in-game? This last one from Nvidia ruined it to the ground
    We will be Serious after death.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12