Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AOC Player Population - A New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    I cant say anything about the "total population" but what I can say about the peaks:

In our guild (Wrath of Amra, a big but certainly not the biggest guild) we have peaks of up to 40 players online. We reach a peak of 30 players online several times a week. And there are surely ~10 guilds who are as big in terms of active members as we are. So ~100 players online is a number which is far too low. 500 at the very least imo on Crom only.

If one is more intersted in this he can use player search, but careful: it has a limit of showing players, so you would have to use player search by a single playfield/dungeon (or a few more regarding the lesser populated ones) and add them up.
    Thats what a did and came to around 2000 lvl80s at prime time (was like 1 year ago tho)

20 thousand subs , total player base of 80k ? That still sounds very utopistic , just play the game and you can see that this can't be anywhere close to reality
    And since you always refer to steam spy , 80-90 players at peak time ? Really , that should give you to think about your numbers , especially since aoc has got its last boost after becoming available on steam.

From my eexperience most people do have a sub , because the F2p model blows . It might be different for new- and role-players . But everyone who wants to play the game properly with dungeons / raids just HAS to sub .
    Last edited by slackjoint; 29th April 2016 at 12:38.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

To be honest, 1000 People on a normal day on Crom seems to me too high... if there are really 1000 people online, why do I always see the same 30 - 40 players? I know many do guild groups but these players have to run in the world around too but I never really see new faces which shouldn't be a problem when there are 1000 players (and obviously, most of them do the same khitai dungeons every day). But if I can already remember like 40 of them and I see them everyday there has to be something wrong.
    On a normal day (not a day where almost every guild goes raiding) I would say it's more like 500 - 600 people, not more, golbal chat is far too dead sometimes, for a few hours there not a single message in a chat where every player post.

And 20000 subs? No way, I rather believe in Santa Claus than in this number of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Braciaca View Post
    Anyone who says this is the most toxic community obviously has never tried the game ArcheAge. Believe me, it is not even close! Soon after launch of that game, my ignore list was full, and it holds 300 names! My AoC Iggy list consists of two names!
    As I said before; A bunch of MMOs & other games under my belt ~ ArcheAge included. My exp with that game is not the same as yours. Perhaps it's the wide selection of servers available on AA. Can't be said for THIS game. Realistically, one populated server. Make sure to subtract from your Steam data the 3-versions of AoC I have installed on the various desktops I've used over the years; they're still using Steam for other games ~ that's the problem with using Steam as a benchmark.

Let's also talk about how I attempted to get friends to play & they were mortified of the discussions in Global chat. They simply played to level 30 or so & never returned. You can /ignore all day & 5-more "special snowflakes" take their spot. I don't blame my friends for sticking with games that have the chat instances or throttle to a location.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Certain individuals really want us to go at each others throats and enjoy setting people up against each other, but saying something very often doesn't make it true. Many people with a lack of social skills mistake arguments and disagreements for toxicity which often causes them to overreact heavily. Normal human interaction is 'omg cringe!' to them. These are the kind of people trolls feast on.

Bad trolling and serious flaming/insulting in Crom global chat is very rare. If you don't count small annoyances like someone that enjoys spamming 'concrete' every minute or others that inform everyone constantly that 'AoC is dead' and he 'will move on soon' (Fun fact; even LoL and Dota with massive player bases have those exact doom preachers), there isn't much serious offensive/spoiling/grieving things happening.

Of all games I have ever played I have been least insulted in AoC while I have played it the most. I also found the community very helpful when I was leveling/learning. Yes, there are some rotten apples that enjoy causing chaos, spoiling PvP and/or thrive when others have a bad time but those are few and far between. It is nowhere near the truth that if those people get banned 5 new ones will take their place. There are only very few of those, most have been at it for years and I can count them on one hand.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 29th April 2016 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    ... Many people with a lack of social skills mistake arguments and disagreements for toxicity which often causes them to overreact heavily.
    Not sure if it's your intent, but your statement has elements of trolling in it. Yes, arguing constantly in Global chat Is toxic to the community. And when it continues; drives new players away.

Sure, there are some helpful players in-game. But when they're not available or you're looking for groups in global chat to quest with ... it gets super old when all you witness is the hate. It's not stopping ME from playing. I have my core group. Just elaborating on the OPs post by letting people know ~ AoC chat (& forums) are a toxic place.

Bad trolling and serious flaming/insulting in Crom global chat is very rare.
    Whoa Whoa WHOOOOOA ! ... we're talking about the same game, right?

... but those are few and far between. It is nowhere near the truth that if those people get banned 5 new ones will take their place. There are only very few of those, most have been at it for years and I can count them on one hand.
    No one said the 5 get banned. I assume you're attempting to rebuttal my comment. I said ~ for every player you /ignore in-game ... more & more show up.

AND YES ~ iT IS THE TRUTH; there are MANY MANY MANY terrible people in-game. ARE U THE 6-FINGERED MAN IVE BENN SEARCHING FOR?
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

So, in the last few weeks the game feels incredible empty for me. Tried a lot of times to find people for groups like Sepulcher of the Wyrm, Vile Nativity, KK HM or unchained dungeons and often I got only 2 tells, sometimes even not a single one (searching with several characters during different times, and no I don't have a massive ignore list... actually I don't have a single person on ignore list on any of my characters). Same goes for groups that I join, so many group leader gave up after 45 minutes searching for people for a Mona / Palace run.
    Anyone else has the feeling that there is a lot less activity going on lately? I see almost no raids searching for people (regardless at wich time I try to find something EU or US) and if there are raids it's only Entity raids and groups are totally rare too.

Is the only activity going on in big guilds nowdays? Since 2 weeks I try to finish the old world quest with my character but it seems impossible to do it right now.
    Last edited by xCodename; 23rd May 2016 at 14:08.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123