Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595 every second

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    The content isn't actually social apart the pvp aspect.Unless social means being in the same waiting queue rarely talking with each other except the players you were already talking and playing with in guild chat/ts etc anyway before this update ...

Well our "Waldorf & Statler Lounge" which I attend with some guildies and friends at times is kinda funny and social
    Last edited by ConanLogan; 23rd April 2016 at 11:09.

Same as our "insert random channel here" which is the same like before when we were not waiting in an arena queue :P

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    ... (because there is nothing else to do while waiting, not even a trader, because you can not target and learn or see healthbars etc. not in pve not in pvp, because you are forced to wait for other players to finish their fights, and so on). The problem is NOT one pets mechanics, or that the boss fights are scripted pve-fights, but the whole design of the content. You will not make this content any better if you change this one pet. So instead of arguing about one pets mechanics and including things you can not change because they are deeply rooted in the whole system and mechanic of this game (like....scripted pve fights?) it would help much more to focus on the real problems and discuss solutions and feedback for them, and not chase our tails talking about minior, unrelevant parts that are not even crucial to the system. As nice as it would be to talk about non linear fights or the pro and con of scripted pve fights - it just blurs out the whole discussion.
    Are you quoting me here? And you are right, i only had a time limit of several minutes in memory, change my 5 mins to 3 mins plus then
    You probably noticed that i was not arguing about ONE mechanic, just making an example of it. I do not think changing it will change the flaws totally (even though it will be a change for the better, a lot can be done by tweaking numbers. i also do not think it is too embedded in the system, because aoc has enough fights with different mechanics that require less scripted events and less dependance on latency and particles). I do not think it blurs the discussion, because it is linked to prolonging fights and thus the effect of wait time and fun. But you are right, we should fix that first, where we all agree on. Once you have something to do during wait times or you grind in your private instance, the annoyance factor of these things will be different already.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd April 2016 at 13:34.

I sure ANY class have build what can overdamage heal 595 from pet. And have enough controls for it.

Most funny part of arena fights watching when player with full HP run away and kite pet with almost zero HP

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    I sure ANY class have build what can overdamage heal 595 from pet. And have enough controls for it.

Most funny part of arena fights watching when player with full HP run away and kite pet with almost zero HP
    Of course i can pump up damage and had no trouble killing other purple pets in both carnage and brute specs (every other achievement pet, except tha one, basi, bat, sand demon, kappa, crowman). If it was just for the heal - no biggie, but it does not allow you to do damage going "ghost" mode (aka bubble evading all attacks) then doing the stun attack that is hitting even if you are out of range of blue explosion. This pet is broken. Tali DT-s failing on it. Mostly the timer runs out is how it fails the fight. Double-tap stun? until time runs out for doing not enough dps? And conq CC do not seem to do nothing .. fear, KB, silence = its not affecting the mob. Like to get advice from someone who actually killed it (and not in t6 gear).

I needed a couple of tries with my tali dt (only T4 minors, majors are a mix of T3, Kithai and T 3.5 and have T3 Tos-Tali, T4 sword). Used PvP Specc, i.e 2 stuns and 1 fear (only for damage, fear isn't working on pets). I ran out of time the tries I failed and finally managed it by staying in the right distance when aoe was casted, i.e. the distance I still could hit (or could hit after it moved a bit in my direction) but wasn't hit by aoe. Still needed 2,5 min as stuns didn't always effected the ghostfire even though I was in frency all the time. Less n00b will kill faster I suppose ;-)

However, that is the only pet I couldn't steamroll so far, but by far the most satisfying kill! Other kills are rather boring...

The problem is not the healing, the problem is everytime he casts Ghostly Form. Everytime he casts it, he gets +20% evade chance and invulnerability. If he casts it 3 times, you are fuked.

If you CC while it's being casted, he will start casting it again once CC vanishes. If you are a healer without tw, and not such a huge dmg, it's impossible.

Even with a perma push with a pom, he gets the ghostly form 3x once he reaches 25%.

Its a pure dps race.. On my guard i killed it with about 2 seconds to spare.. In the last state its @ 60% evade and 80% invul to magic. I found no way to really slow it down from stacking.. the best i could do was interrupt some of the ghost forms, but you are right, he just quickly casts it again..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Its a pure dps race.. On my guard i killed it with about 2 seconds to spare.. In the last state its @ 60% evade and 80% invul to magic. I found no way to really slow it down from stacking.. the best i could do was interrupt some of the ghost forms, but you are right, he just quickly casts it again..
    Yes, massive dps and thats all, avoid the area to not to be stunned and thats all. You cant do anything to avoid heals or ghost forms

I tried this one on my bear and it healed me into the timer. I did it on my demo and just stayed out at a distance and away from the white fuzzy things and such, and it took some kiting but the healing did not make a big difference and it went down eventually

I think its hard on the melee classes as being close in allows it to heal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast