Thread: An appeal to Funcom

Default An appeal to Funcom

This is an appeal to Funcom

I appreciate the introduction of new content in the game. But I get frustrated when it is poorly conceived.
    Let me first commend you for the idea of ​​letting players fight their pets! very entertaining and great content !!
    How ever the way PvP arena works with totally random selection of opponents will have a negative effect in the long run.
    In reality favors this the oldest players with the highest pvp level, new players and players with lower PVP level will quickly be exploited by these older players with higher PVP level so they get faster better equipment and thus harder to defeat.
    Hard work should be rewarded but when a pvp 10 defeats a pvp 1 is the reward the same as if it were the reverse.
    This will have an adverse effect and there are already enough of these mechanic that encourages farming of salts and friends to obtain equipment and pvp level so that it will be possible to fight on equal terms.
    That's what most people are searching for, player should be able to harvest more of their techniques and knowledge of the game, than a constant focus on the pursuit of better equipment.
    System today rewards more whoever finds weaknesses in the system than those who use the mechanics as intended.
    You already have a system that works fine in 1 v 1 pvp content, I suggest you implement this mechanism into the new arena too!
    The mechanics is available on the Bounty Quest in pvp areas where you fight against players of the same pvp level.
    You should introduce something similar, which allows for instance pvp (1-2) (3-4) (5-6) (7-8) (9-10) to fight against each other completely random instead of being locked together in a large pot by coincidence.

Regards

Sorto

Sometimes people enjoy fighting stronger opponents. The big pool should stay with randomly drawn people but the rewards should scale imo.

If a pvp 1 wins against a pvp 8+ he should get like tripple xp. If a pvp 8+ wins to a pvp level <4 he should get like half xp.

That way nobody gets excluded even if there is only one high level he will still get fights.

the pvp pool is not random, it just goes in whatever order the people signed up

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Sometimes people enjoy fighting stronger opponents. The big pool should stay with randomly drawn people but the rewards should scale imo.

If a pvp 1 wins against a pvp 8+ he should get like tripple xp. If a pvp 8+ wins to a pvp level <4 he should get like half xp.

That way nobody gets excluded even if there is only one high level he will still get fights.
    Too much value around here is placed in PVP levels. How many of you have toons that have full or close to full AA tree's and are only PVP1-5? These toons in PVE T4+ or even PVPT1/2 sets are not pushovers and fully capable of beating and even destroying higher geared opponents in the right hands. Skill, and the fact that some classes are just far more suited to dueling than others. I don't think anyone here would agree that some low level sin taking out a high level tos/necro/demo is some sort of accomplishment. Any rogue can kite a soldier indefinitely.

The way to do it would be tiers similar to the way the PVE is set up. X # of wins moves you from the beginner to the veteran pit or something to the like. That way, when the vets start hitting Rank 4 and can actually buy the necklace or whatever other offerings there are at that point, they aren't being randomly placed in the pit vs someone inexperienced.

And speaking of which, where's the pit stats on the pvp stats tab?! If the game is smart enough to update my Achievement that I killed X class, why can't I know my record in the pit as a whole, as well as against each class?!
    Last edited by Direwolfe; 14th April 2016 at 20:00.