Thread: Fresh lvl 80 Ranger, Now what do i do?

Default Fresh lvl 80 Ranger, Now what do i do?

Hi, I just took lvl 80. Now what do i do? Not many ppl online that could help me so i thought id try here.

Im lvl 80 Ranger, what specc is the best and what stats should i prioritate?

What dungeons can i do or what raids?

Where is the "capital" for lvl 80s and is there a zone for lvl 80 quests and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by giggelingbear View Post
    It depends a bit on the server your char is on.
    On both you can go to khitai and gear up further doing solo play grinding your way up the factions (if you have the expansion). This would be the quest area you mentioned. You could also try Dragonspine, if you are premium. If you have Turan expansion you can find some content (solo and group) there as well.
    Back in the days this was the point (or even earlier) to join 6-ppl groups for blue instance gear, like Atzels, Xibalaku and such. Also time to find a guild that is active in raiding (if that is what you yourself want) or join some pug (random people) raids advertised in global.

Stats you need are basically dexterity and maybe con (depending on style). They nerfed stat influence on usefull things years ago, so you need only dex for damage and con for health now.
    For beginner 80s you could always do the "old world" group instances. Unchained and khitai instances might be too harsh, depending on your experience and gear. Raidwise you can always do Kylikki and Yakhmar. Cins made good posts about strategies in newer group instances and i bet you can find the tactics on the net or the forums here for the raid fights too.

Get a snaketongue bow from trader or try to join a yakhmar raid to get a quest reward bow or crossbow. Atzels fortress also has nice gear drops for rangers.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th March 2016 at 12:11.

Thanks for answering, the server i play on is dead, and i cant transfer to another server because i have to wait 30 days..

Would be very useful if you finally name the server where your character is on. If you think that any of the 3 servers has a decent "MMO population" you could call them all "dead".
    So if you are already playing on Crom (this server has the biggest population from all 3 servers) and calling this server dead you should think about moving to Fury. Also you can't transfer a character from Rage to another one or from Rage to another server.

There is no way around a guild so you should join one of them that are still there otherwise you wont play very often in groups. A guild will also (mostly) teach you dungeons and maybe even the class you are playing (for endgame).

As for the ranger questions:
    - Get gear with dexterity, combat rating, some constitution and hit rating + critical rating + critical damage rating.
    - If you have premium you can just buy the standard blue medium armor set from the trader for some gold and join a Mona / Palace HM group to get some rare trophies and epic gear (if you don't have the AAs Tainted Weapons and Finely Honed just try to join as damage dealer)
    - go raiding for some more gear or just kill the worldboss for T1 / T2 raid gear
    - if you have the turan expansion you can farm up to 8 rare trophies a day from solo instances, but the hard one of these both takes some skill, but you know how to do it it will be a 10 minutes task to finish the dungeon.

Yeah and if you don't have premium... well, there is nothing to do then, farm mobs / do quests / or whatever for achievements or go do some old world instances. Nothing very fancy to get there, some blue gear but that's just as good as the blue crafted gear from trader (sometimes a bit better an sometimes more bad than the crafted gear)
    Last edited by xCodename; 26th March 2016 at 14:49.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Would be very useful if you finally name the server where your character is on. If you think that any of the 3 servers has a decent "MMO population" you could call them all "dead".
    So if you are already playing on Crom (this server has the biggest population from all 3 servers) and calling this server dead you should think about moving to Fury. Also you can't transfer a character from Rage to another one or from Rage to another server.

There is no way around a guild so you should join one of them that are still there otherwise you wont play very often in groups. A guild will also (mostly) teach you dungeons and maybe even the class you are playing (for endgame).

As for the ranger questions:
    - Get gear with dexterity, combat rating, some constitution and hit rating + critical rating + critical damage rating.
    - If you have premium you can just buy the standard blue medium armor set from the trader for some gold and join a Mona / Palace HM group to get some rare trophies and epic gear (if you don't have the AAs Tainted Weapons and Finely Honed just try to join as damage dealer)
    - go raiding for some more gear or just kill the worldboss for T1 / T2 raid gear
    - if you have the turan expansion you can farm up to 8 rare trophies a day from solo instances, but the hard one of these both takes some skill, but you know how to do it it will be a 10 minutes task to finish the dungeon.

Yeah and if you don't have premium... well, there is nothing to do then, farm mobs / do quests / or whatever for achievements or go do some old world instances. Nothing very fancy to get there, some blue gear but that's just as good as the blue crafted gear from trader (sometimes a bit better an sometimes more bad than the crafted gear)
    So i boosted a character to lvl 80 on Crome instead, thx for the answers!