Thread: Game freezing

Default Game freezing

Quite frequently when I move to a new area I get the loading screen and the game freezes/hangs up. I have to reload to play again. I get the message "Age of Conan conanlivewin32 v4.01.0@546161 is not responding". Any idea why its doing this? Only just started happening today.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey29 View Post
    Quite frequently when I move to a new area I get the loading screen and the game freezes/hangs up. I have to reload to play again. I get the message "Age of Conan conanlivewin32 v4.01.0@546161 is not responding". Any idea why its doing this? Only just started happening today.
    this happens often when the game is loading a zone it hasn't seen before (if you have bandwidth monitoring software you'll see it downloading a few megabytes to get the job done). Funcom forgot to put non-blocking code in during this load screen so windows thinks the application "is not responding" but if you give it a few minutes (depending on your connection speed), it will come back fine and zone you into the area.

Funcom, if you ever decide to fix the blocking issue, could you leave a chat window up so bored people can at least text chat while areas load?
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

May help you to choose to download zones in the patcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    this happens often when the game is loading a zone it hasn't seen before (if you have bandwidth monitoring software you'll see it downloading a few megabytes to get the job done). Funcom forgot to put non-blocking code in during this load screen so windows thinks the application "is not responding" but if you give it a few minutes (depending on your connection speed), it will come back fine and zone you into the area.

Funcom, if you ever decide to fix the blocking issue, could you leave a chat window up so bored people can at least text chat while areas load?
    Thank you very much for your response, it may be helpful but I dont think thats the issue. I wish it was that, but it happens when swapping between zones ive been in previously, ie started a POM yesterday, and it happened pretty much every time I switched between the inn at tortega and the town, between the ruins instance and back, between white sands and back. Now I know I have that area downloaded as I ran a bearshaman through it on Saturday, and had been in and out repeatedly (there is a lot of back and forth on the quests!).

Also, when I log back in, it loads straight away. At first I waited 5-10mins for the game to unfreeze, now I just close the window immediatley and reload to zone in straight away. Its faster even with the annoying patcher taking 1-2mins to verify game data!

I do have the background downloader enabled, and have downloaded all the optional content onto my gaming SSD.
    Last edited by whiskey29; 29th February 2016 at 11:26. Reason: extra info

sorry to hear that, if the problem persist maybe try to verify game cache, sometimes seems to fix all weird crap this game has to offer. Could be something due to new os also. For instance I am on windows 10 and I get persistent random crashes to desktop, something that I remember never had on other windows, but that was years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    sorry to hear that, if the problem persist maybe try to verify game cache, sometimes seems to fix all weird crap this game has to offer. Could be something due to new os also. For instance I am on windows 10 and I get persistent random crashes to desktop, something that I remember never had on other windows, but that was years ago.
    Must be Win 10, I verified, uninstalled/reinstalled, uninstalled/installed on steam all with the same errors Pretty sure my system is good enough to handle it Ah well I will just learn to hate the damn patcher wishing there was a way to skip it!

When there are lag spikes and I zone, I don't get the "windows is not responding" but I do get stuck at 100% of the loading bar on the load screen, and have to end task and start the game again.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly