Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is PVP really accessible for all players? Few suggestions.

@Anzu, it did completely perfect sense, Read just read it again and U might see

back to thread, all u can do is get khitai, and start farming pvp events and by farming I do not mean by actually doing pvp
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by miksen View Post
    Learning wise - it still would make a huge difference. Playing against overgeared pvp 10 monsters is not learning in any way.
    However, if T1 is instant - that would be a good solution as well. However, I don't see it happening. After all, that is their source of income.
    As I said, if they're that worried about money they could make PvP T1 available without restrictions, and add PvP T2 (and possibly PvP T3) to the item shop. If you are right and the PvP playerbase expands, that might even pay off for them financially.

But to be honest, I believe that their earnings from PvP T1 set sales are marginal at best. I guess the real reason why they keep it like this is force of habit - after all, this would have to be discussed between the game devs and someone in marketing, and likely noone can be a**ed. I'm just hoping that, when they finally discuss those changes to the FTP model which have been promised, the issue of the PvP T1 set will also be considered.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

In the past, it was possible to obtain useful gear for PvP PvE way. At that time it was easier for noobie start PVP. But it was changed with last PvP gear revamp.
    The question of the PvE usefulness in PVP is moot. Currently the small community of AoC is divided into 2 parts (PvP and PvE).
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    The only way to improve in this game pvp is continuous practice and commitment. Stick through the bad times enough and you'll get better at some point to reap some satisfaction and respect. Gear and AA will come along the way to ease the divide but that is not the main focus if one wants to perform better in pvp.
    Quoted for truth.

Tell that to new players: You will be owned and 1 shoted for about several weeks as soon as you would reach pvp 4-5. As low lvl pvp char you will be for most of a time a first focused target because you are a free prey. Being a low lvl player is pretty frustrating without any gear... recently i've done it with 3 chars and was enough tired so that I transfered high lvl char from Fury to Crom. Gear and AA gap for new players is really discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by miksen View Post
    Low lvl population is quite healthy on Crom nowadays. People do purist instances and find groups quite quickly. Group quests are present as well. I think encouraging minis would be worth trying. At very least, it would not hurt anybody.

About PVP 1-2-3 kicking ass, I bet those are toons of experienced players. I was pointing out the problem with new to the game players.
    And again, about splitting: imo, it would not bring minis down. There is a great number of players who only do pve and are too afraid to sign up for pvp, especially on Crom. With more friendly system introduced, I think there is a big chance we would actually see an increase of players in minis.
    Plus, ask yourself, how often do you see PVP 1-5 player on a mini? (Except JS). I for sure don't see them very often, same 7-10pvp faces everyday.
    I took my pom pvp one to PvP 7 no Bori, mini games only and I can tell you I topped kills plenty at PvP two. If your going into minis with blues, that's the players fault. I see people sign up with gear so terrible that you should not even do a villa run with it. That's those players choosing to do that. With world boss and most raids up to t4 being loot pinatas, there is no reason for people to sign up in a scrappy level 65 blue item other than an obvious troll. If your gear sucks, play smart. Hit and run, cc, support the push, and never be alone. It's not hard to stay alive on a lowbie, it's just hard to be effective.
    Doomsayer 2008

All players in minigames started as newb and died and died and died.
    Nowadays as real new player in minigames, you die the same way as all others did before you. The only problem is lack of population which brings a decent rate of new players into minigames in a way that minigames are balanced by pvp-level.
    Most of the low level players are veterans and no real new players, so population does not increase for splitting minigames into levelgroups.

Realistically, I prefer having a team full of lowbies. Why you may ask?

A) Prime meat shields
    B) Most will open with a CC which gives me time to DPS.
    C) Refer to A

#Floyd #TBE
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

I think there REALLY should be blue level, gold only, T0 PVP starter set. If you hit lvl 80 in your mix of greens and blues you have zero business doing PVP. I am also agains doing PVE in order to gain advantage in PVP. Isn't that, like what killed Rage at some point?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I think there REALLY should be blue level, gold only, T0 PVP starter set. If you hit lvl 80 in your mix of greens and blues you have zero business doing PVP. I am also agains doing PVE in order to gain advantage in PVP. Isn't that, like what killed Rage at some point?
    If they don't make PvP T1 available without level restrictions, that would be the second best option, yes.

Also, some form of mastery urns from minigames would be nice, as some "PvE" AA perks are required in PvP.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast