Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. dungeons

Shame that when asking for those aa/xp/gear doesn't work as good as in reallife. I always ask for driver with driving license when calling a taxi and so far it always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinn View Post
    The loot available is way too limited to allow FC to open up the whole lot to grind (tokens). The ONLY way that the different instances will have value is through the crafting revamp (which we all know isn't gonna happen). Rare crafting material drops in these instances combined with a token and recipe system would sort this lot out. Carry that through to the raids and you have the start of a progression loop. Daily/weekly dungeon completion giving token rewards could be included as well.

I suspect that this is all too much work for FC, on an 8 year old title that has been problematic to manipulate from the start. Look at T5.....
    Instead of having a full crafting revamp, they could just introduce a couple new recipes/resources and split them in these dungeons... problem solved in a easy and cost effective way.

I didn't liked the whole idea of nerfing all those raids (maybe T3,5 a bit, but not that hard) for all the players that can't get a boss down. They were totally Ok like they were before the nerf. If a raid can't get past a boss in a certain raid instance they simply have to practice more.
    But thats not what most parts of the player community nowdays want, they want easy and quick rewards for almost no effort but don't blame them, it's the game industry that focuses more and more on casual players... just look at Assassin's Creed, playing like an assassin there (jumping around on houses, climbing up on walls and the whole fighting system) is like you play on rails, fights are just quicktime events, you can't fall of a building and you just need to r*pe your jump button to make awesome looking moves by jumping from roof to roof.
    That's what the crowd wants, why having a challange? It's not fair if another player gets better gear because he / she practiced more and plays longer to beat an encounter which he / she focused on with his raid for weeks.

EDIT: I really didn't know why I used AC for this example but I remembered it: Watch a few minutes of this video and it's simply that what I was saying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysrM...utu.be&t=3m30s
    Last edited by xCodename; 18th February 2016 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I didn't liked the whole idea of nerfing all those raids (maybe T3,5 a bit, but not that hard) for all the players that can't get a boss down. They were totally Ok like they were before the nerf. If a raid can't get past a boss in a certain raid instance they simply have to practice more.
    But thats not what most parts of the player community nowdays want, they want easy and quick rewards for almost no effort but don't blame them, it's the game industry that focuses more and more on casual players... just look at Assassin's Creed, playing like an assassin there (jumping around on houses, climbing up on walls and the whole fighting system) is like you play on rails, fights are just quicktime events, you can't fall of a building and you just need to r*pe your jump button to make awesome looking moves by jumping from roof to roof.
    That's what the crowd wants, why having a challange? It's not fair if another player gets better gear because he / she practiced more and plays longer to beat an encounter which he / she focused on with his raid for weeks.

EDIT: I really didn't know why I used AC for this example but I remembered it: Watch a few minutes of this video and it's simply that what I was saying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysrM...utu.be&t=3m30s
    That's a big complaint for me about the combat in most mmos I've tried lately. I just mash a button and the character does something awesome and flashy looking but there's no real connection between me and the character. It's like the game is playing the character for you making actual skill almost meaningless.. Auto-attack taken to the next level more or less. Style over substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Honestly can't see why they decided to implement those ****ing lottery boxes. What was wrong with getting "x" rare relics for "y" job? I liked the aspect of having a number to relate to. 192 rares for a head or chest armor - fine. Lets do that. Now, it takes from 2-4 hours depending on group skill to clear those four instances and maybe a few regroups have to be done since some have this quest others don't need that, etc.. And a completely luck based crap box that you will be without progress towards what you seek if you don't get it.
    It was suggested to Cirith like 2 years ago to improve the unchained cashes by dividing them into 3 categories to choose from once you complete the quest. But for some reason that never happened.

The idea was to have 3 different cashes:

- Equipment cashes (dropping armors/weapons)
    - Potions cashes (self explanatory)
    - Social cashes (vanity/pets)

That would keep the "luck" element but it would make it way easier farming specific items you want.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Most of the time when someone joined without experience, I explained everything shortly in the chat or on TS. I've never kicked ppl because they screwed up something. But if the unexperienced player doesn't say a word and after the first or the second wipe you ask "do you know what you have to do?" and the answer is "no", ofc I'm getting angry. I've never ever joined a group or raid like I'm trying to hide that I'm not familiar with the tactics.

But the problem is not these players, who join your group to learn. It's the worsening player base, where a lot of ppl think, that being good geared = being a good player. That's false.
    True, you're right. AA, gear and experience are not of same value in every instance for sure, too. Sometimes a player willing to try and learn who knows how to play is better for the group than a stressfull well-geared pro who disrupts the whole experience with (sometimes social) incompetence as well.

That people wants loot with minimal challenge is nothing new, just look at the world boss hysteria.
    Last edited by Mogsters; 19th February 2016 at 11:35.
    Kinaputten

Dungeons died for the reasons mentioned ITT.

T4 is a cakewalk, and the cost of gear isn't that high if you run it regularly.

I have some t4 and higher geared toons that could benefit from a few things in the unchained dungeons, but after running them hundreds of times, I've gotten almost none of the useful pieces, other than potions. So I don't run them any longer.

The ridiculous loot restrictions on the unchained dungeons killed them.

It's true the main reason is loot and t4/t3.5 nerf ,that took away the "need" to go through those dungeons ,especially with the luck factor involved.

You might want to add though that we haven't had a new 6man dungeon in ages be it hard/easy or whatever.Having done most of them or all of them 3 million times on x different characters doesn't make me want to go back and do them again unless helping a friend or w/e...but hey rejoice for the SOLO arena is being internally tested
    Last edited by -Shink-; 19th February 2016 at 21:19.

I think we're seeing a pattern... everything funcom touches... turns to ****. the shitas touch vs the midas touch.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast