Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamarin Tigers in raids / k6

Default Tamarin Tigers in raids / k6

Hello.

As in title, I'd like to ask experienced DT's about Tamarin Tigers set for DT.
    1) How effective DT is with such a gear. Is it a total waste of money?
    2) Is the tanking even possible? Or OT all the way?
    3) How effective is TT gear with talisman build in k6 / raids?
    4) I am actually dressed with items from Last Legion, and only TT chest so should I stick with that and go for t4? Whats your theory about that?

Thanks for all the answers.
    Cya folks

Hey Vatoi, my expericence from the TT gear is to only get the chest since you want the crit rating from that. Second best chest for DT i'd say is the blue one from ardashir fort since it has crit aswell. LL +hate pants are the best cus they have same crit rating as the TT legs but much more survival. And then for the helm i try to get the epic one from ardashir or the +hate one from LL which are pretty much the same stats. Rings i usaly go with deaths ward to get the hp and prot up a bit since every melee boss have that one spell which is magical and you can't use cunning on it every time. Boots from wolf and wrist from LL +hate set. Belt from Dragon spine. and shoulders from melice LL +hate spec.

For the spec, i usaly go with *no Dread* sword and shield spec. So you wanna go get 3 points in the left tree for some hp tap and the rest in tali spec down to dooming pressence but don't take the talisman mastery points. Instead you go general and get cunning, dps buff and survival.

That's the best allaround spec you can have since it's ALOT of damage and nice survival. Tali spec with talisman is usaly **** in t4 reaids and above u since you can't take that many hits and will only end up dying. Me personally with pom t5, tos t5 and bs t6geared have no chance saving a dt with talisman in higher tiered raids because they are simply too bad survival.

But for 6 man groups talisman can be used really well but i feel it's better to have around 1.2k dps and 55% mit (with sword and shield as i mentioned before) then 1.5k dps and 50%mit with tali.

Gl
    Torilius Necro
    Ubermiley Pom
    Invitmi BS
    Pewpewgirl Tos

Quote Originally Posted by Vatoi View Post
    Hello.

4) I am actually dressed with items from Last Legion, and only TT chest so should I stick with that and go for t4? Whats your theory about that?

Cya folks
    Hi m8,
    I play my DT for 2 years, so I cant call myself as veteran player. But I have spent some time trying different builds and gear setups. If I can recomend keep your TT chest as only piece for tanking, rest of the gear take from LL and wolves. You can pretty good tank or at least OT in T4 physical fights. For talisman build you need more mittigation than TT can offer, so wait till you get T3.5 or T4 chest. I really do recomend Sidars DT guide - a least for gear setups.
    Last edited by Mordorm; 4th February 2016 at 08:32.

Thank you for replies Torilius and Mordorm. The problem is that my mitigation is kinda lame on my DT. As I said I am LL geared mostly, TT chest, Wolves boots, rest from Last Legion, Wisdom World boss cape, Kakaba guide necklace, str ring from Milestones quest and one with wisdom + blue yag shield and Quill of ibis. With this setup my mitigation reach 50,5%... So I dont know what should I change to get better. Maybe AoK shield? Maybe change the wisdom ring with the one from BB? Whats your ideas? Or I should go straight to t4 and forget about further upgrading from Khitai factions?

Thank you for replies Torilius and Mordorm. The problem is that my mitigation is kinda lame on my DT. As I said I am LL geared mostly, TT chest, Wolves boots, rest from Last Legion, Wisdom World boss cape, Kakaba guide necklace, str ring from Milestones quest and one with wisdom + blue yag shield and Quill of ibis. With this setup my mitigation reach 50,5%... So I dont know what should I change to get better. Maybe AoK shield? Maybe change the wisdom ring with the one from BB? Whats your ideas? Or I should go straight to t4 and forget about further upgrading from Khitai factions?
    That is too low, for tanking. You have to pass 55% mittigation to be valuable in T4 fights. Do you have feated improved defensive? I was using allmost same gear as you but with wisdom necklace (wolves I think), T2 shield with + hate and Funcom ring from shop (that one with + 100% on mastery and 50% prowes) and was around 54,5%. Try to get T3,5 chest from Bat at Erlik, if you get lucky drop, it helps you a lot reaching 56% mittigation.

Your mit is low because you make the same misstake as most dts. DON'T USE WISDOM GEAR! they nerfed the dts magic damage and most of your damage comes from melee dps also most of your heath tap is melee health tap which means the more melee damage you do the more you heal yourself. Take of shitty wisdom ring and get deaths ward, take off wisdom wb cloak and get the one from vile. Take off the shitty shield you're using and get a proper one with cons,str. Prefer the AoK one but you could get t2 quest shield for starters since the AoK one can be difficult to get. This cynara did test on droprate on that shield and it drops around every 20th time he did it. Also milestones ring isn't that good either, better to get a const,armor,crit,prot like death ward.

I've seen this wisdom gear becoming a trend in the small wannabe guilds and it really bothers me that people actualy telling other to use it and blaming everyone else when they die. DT is a tank class like conq and guard but is paper compared to the others. The truth is that dts look awesome when they top dps and lock aggro and people get too overexited about it and think that everyone around them suck when they die.
    Most DTs never realize that they are the problem until they join a top raiding guild like Destiny, CoE and Tainted souls. Where the DTs there are cursing them because they are doing it all wrong and think they are imba.

The truth is that DT is one of the classes in the game where you can do it all wrong, wrong spec, wrong gear, wrong combos and still do decent and i think that's the main problem with the class.
    Torilius Necro
    Ubermiley Pom
    Invitmi BS
    Pewpewgirl Tos

Agree with what Torilius say about wisdom gear. Just don't...

Regarding accessories, look for strength and hit rating. DT's dont need 17k hit points. 13-14k is normally enough, 15k is a luxury. It is very important to have like 14%+ hit rating, if not you will see a lot of your combos and spell procs get evaded/resisted - and your agro and life tap relatively reduced.

I'd make the Ibis a full protection sword, and get Blossoming Death for tanking physical fights. That weapon is a tanking weapon with strength, hit rating and hate increase. Lower base dps yes but the other positives outweighs the lacking base dps.

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....dKPxAg7Rf4sTKd

Don't matter if you change a few bits here and there between wolfs/legion/t3, but this gear would grant you needed mitigation and enough hit rating to matter as a physical tank.

It might be just as easy to join a few T4 pugs as kiter in Sheng fight and plant idiot at Imp and you'll get hands, wrists and boots from those three first bosses. Get heavy hands and boots, and courageous wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordorm View Post
    That is too low, for tanking. You have to pass 55% mittigation to be valuable in T4 fights. Do you have feated improved defensive? I was using allmost same gear as you but with wisdom necklace (wolves I think), T2 shield with + hate and Funcom ring from shop (that one with + 100% on mastery and 50% prowes) and was around 54,5%. Try to get T3,5 chest from Bat at Erlik, if you get lucky drop, it helps you a lot reaching 56% mittigation.

It isn't much of a problem to tank in T4 with about 53% mitigation as a Dt. You aren't the only tank after all. And once you get your hands on the T4 gear you should quickly get to 55%. More is a waste.

Hello.

Cya folks
    1) - Don't waste rares/gold on it - get Unchained gear!
    2) - If you cant MT in unchaineds atm,go dps...either way only 1 tank is enough for all ucs...besides you are a dt,you won't be a loss dps wise anyway.
    3) - Get unchained gear!
    4) - Get unchained gear and go t4!
    5) - DT formula : vom + crit pot = bash head in your keyboard=profit=done!
    6) - Only way to learn: by trial and error! So don't copy cat others,learn by yourself,best thing to do tbh,do your own specs,combos rotations,etc and soon someone will send you a tell asking "hey which spec your using?can you give me your spec?"etc..
    7) - Remember gear means nothing if person behind the class never cared about improving with such class.
    8) - Cheers
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 4th February 2016 at 12:08.

As others already said; from the TT set the chest is only piece that is worth using when you want to tank.
    As Tiberivs so elegantly stated; unchained chest/helm/wrists are better then the Khitai counterparts. 'Get unchained gear' however is not realistic because the only way to get it is super luckbased lotteryboxes which regardless how often you open them will never guarantee you ever get the gear you want.

DT formula is not VoM+stack crit rating+faceroll=win. As Torilius pointed out in his post, the fact that you can perform decent that way is actually one of the main problems with the class.

Trial and error is NOT The only way to learn. In an 8 year old game like AoC, everything you can possibly think of has been tried already. Despite popular opinion there IS an optimal way (gear, build rotation) of playing every class. Please do try to learn from more experienced players and copying the things that work for them is a perfectly fine way to learn.

Magic damage has not been nerfed. What has been (rightfully) nerfed is the magic damage modifier in frenzy stance which does not affect you as a tank. This does not make it less true that as a rule of thumb most wis/magic damage accessories and gearpieces are bad. Exception to this rule is the magic damage worldboss cape, some talismans (Scarlet Circle, Wyrm, T3.5 and the T4 talisman) and some T5/T6 gear pieces.

Generally for bosses that require actual tanking you probably want to stay away from talismans and/or even deep depravity builds until you have a few pieces of T4 gear to compensate for the armor loss. This is because the higher raids like T4 work with a 'threshold' in physical mitigation you have to pass in order to not get bonus damage. If you do not pass this threshold it will be extremely hard to be a useful tank in that raid.
    Once you have a few pieces you should be able to stay >55% physical mitigation while holding a talisman, provided you feat improved defensive stance and choose courageous boots/belt to get some extra armor.

Deaths ward ring is nice. The problem with this ring is that it has no hit rating. This can be a problem depending whether you have it on your neck/cape/other ring. Another nice option when you have plenty of hitrating, is to slot immeasurable empowerment which will give you a slight edge in damage/aggro/survivability compared to pressing strikes.

As for weapons the blue shields from Ardashir fort and Yag are actually still good. The one from AoK has slightly more armor and crit/hit though if you can get it. Go with these shields until you manage to get your hands on T4 or higher. Anything else is not worth it with the exception of T3 crafts if you are filthy rich and have a guild that bothers to do those.
    The blunt from the Yellow priests of Yun is very nice especially since it has 170 armor and 55 hit rating. If you don't need that it is slightly outperformed by the ibis.
    Gemming your ibis to a protection weapon is generally useless. Compared to a normally gemmed ibis you will only lose aggro, dps and survivability with a protection ibis. The same goes for the horrible protection shield and sword from T3.5 which DTs love to roll on; The amount of crit and other useful stats you have to give up compared to a proper DT weapon, far outweigh the benefit of the small amount of protection you gain.
    As a DT protection fights are the least of your worries. It is very easy to gain enough protection for anything in game just from a build, accessories and one or two gear pieces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast