Thread: All menus/drop boxes/options dark with black writing

Default All menus/drop boxes/options dark with black writing

I have been away from AoC for years thought I would give it a try. I have done a complete new first time install and fired it up but when I go into the video options to adjust stuff the page is very dark with black writing, this is the same for all options, tool tips, drop downs in game but the game it's self is fine. Any help would be appreciated.

see picture for details

Attachment 1028
    Attached Images Attached Images

This 'should' be the cause of a corrupt textcolor.xml file in xx:\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default

Try either to delete the textcolor.xml file or replace the content with this http://pastebin.com/i1m054yG and make sure to make it a .xml file.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    This 'should' be the cause of a corrupt textcolor.xml file in xx:\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default

Try either to delete the textcolor.xml file or replace the content with this http://pastebin.com/i1m054yG and make sure to make it a .xml file.
    Hi Fass, thanks for that. When i checked the dir there was no textcolor.xml file and non to be found in the xx:\\Age of Conan at all, so I copied your file and pasted it in to a word document and saved as an xml file. Still got the same problem something I did wrong ?

Word XML document is not the same as an XML file, use a simpler texteditor like notepad.
    I am Stian ingame...

Default Got the answer from tech support

1. Temporarily disable all anti-virus software, as many of these programs are known to interfere with following steps.
    2. Navigate to the game's installation folder C:/Program Files (x86)/Funcom/The Secret World and locate a folder named DATA (please do the same for AOC by going to C:/Program Files (x86)/Funcom/Age of Conan) 3. Open the DATA folder and locate the folder named GUI 4. Delete the folder named GUI 5. Navigate to the games installation folder and locate the executable file called PatcherSetup.exe 6. Run PatcherSetup.exe and and follow any prompts.
    7. When that completes please run the patcher normally.
    8. Locate and open the options menu
    9. Select "Repair broken game data"
    10. Allow the launcher to replace/correct any needed files/information.

This should resolve the issue, did for me in both AoC and TSW.