Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conq bubble nerf

I'd say the most unbalanced part about the class is how fast conqs (and bear shamens) can apply the physical torment effects. It's pretty funny. I always laugh when a feral growl crits and applies an instant 4 stacks. Trololol.

The double bubble isn't really the problem, although it is cheesy. It's the broken mechanics of picking up the flags.

And what wild said, there are players (like 2 besides me) that can play anyclass to its full potential..... except the necro. No one comes close to me
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Just what we need, more pvp whiners to wreck the class once again. Change the bubbles particle class to "world particles" so that attentive players who utilize at least some minor value of their mental capabilities will be able to see it without having to turn on pretty much all particles and lastly change BoA to be on physical hits again! No more casts and no more buggy aoe 360 kbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Just what we need, more pvp whiners to wreck the class once again. Change the bubbles particle class to "world particles" so that attentive players who utilize at least some minor value of their mental capabilities will be able to see it without having to turn on pretty much all particles and lastly change BoA to be on physical hits again! No more casts and no more buggy aoe 360 kbs.
    Yes, change BoA to be instant instead of a cast time so I can have an instant KB and Snare. Great suggestions, let's make repulse instant again too if that's the case.
    Doomsayer 2008

I've read some fair points, but I disagree with nerfing conq damage. That would probably affect it in PvE, again.

About debuffing, I agree it could be toned down, like having it proc slower or with a lower chance. And yeah, I remember when only one discipline let you debuff. But a conq without debuffing is not very dangerous.

I still think that having a PvE vs PvP distinction only for OtO would be a good change, because, even if you don't hit the red conq, and there are no mages or people to do magic damage on him around, the conq will be free for many seconds, untouched. If it's not OP, it is annoying. Leaving conqs with just Blessed Conquest as only bubble effective in PvP only (still being able to use both bubbles in PvE) would leave conq with just one regular bubble, kind of like the guard.

The way I picture this idea is, you could still equip OtO in your hotbar and use it, but physical damage would still hurt you (only thing working would be the visual effect). That way, when you realise it doesn't work in PvP, you can just unequip it from your hotbar and only use Blessed Conquest. If this change is possible, it would be the least harmful in terms of also affecting PvE, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Yes, change BoA to be instant instead of a cast time so I can have an instant KB and Snare. Great suggestions, let's make repulse instant again too if that's the case.
    Please do point out where I write instant kb on next physical attack, mate, because for fu*ks sake, I can't pin point it's location in my post and I have quite agile fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Please do point out where I write instant kb on next physical attack, mate, because for fu*ks sake, I can't pin point it's location in my post and I have quite agile fingers.
    Make it so you can apply it to the next attack, which makes it instant upon a white hit, just like crushing onslaught...you say no cast time, so how do you suggest they change it if not applied as a buff for the next attack?
    Last edited by Suctum; 24th January 2016 at 21:20.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Make it so you can apply it to the next attack, which makes it instant upon a white hit, just like crushing onslaught...you say no cast time, so how do you suggest they change it if not applied as a buff for the next attack?
    No, before I answer, answer my last question; where does it say I want instants? Quote pls so that I might attune my next replies to your perception of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    I've read some fair points, but I disagree with nerfing conq damage. That would probably affect it in PvE, again.

About debuffing, I agree it could be toned down, like having it proc slower or with a lower chance. And yeah, I remember when only one discipline let you debuff. But a conq without debuffing is not very dangerous.

I still think that having a PvE vs PvP distinction only for OtO would be a good change, because, even if you don't hit the red conq, and there are no mages or people to do magic damage on him around, the conq will be free for many seconds, untouched. If it's not OP, it is annoying. Leaving conqs with just Blessed Conquest as only bubble effective in PvP only (still being able to use both bubbles in PvE) would leave conq with just one regular bubble, kind of like the guard.

The way I picture this idea is, you could still equip OtO in your hotbar and use it, but physical damage would still hurt you (only thing working would be the visual effect). That way, when you realise it doesn't work in PvP, you can just unequip it from your hotbar and only use Blessed Conquest. If this change is possible, it would be the least harmful in terms of also affecting PvE, in my opinion.
    if your team has even no pom/tos then its unbalanced group, not conq's issue. imagine a group having no tank so having trouble to holding flag firmly but no one says tone down that harsh moment ^^ and is there any other spell/ability that dont work at pvp at all? except aggro management things. why conq should be only exception?

and its really nice balancing if funcom accepts such **** then conq have no bubble at magic dmg.. whoa thats no pvp thing so its not your concern i guess xD
    Last edited by Lehudib; 24th January 2016 at 23:28.
    the who obsessed with stonesoup ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Lehudib View Post
    if your team has even no pom/tos then its unbalanced group, not conq's issue. imagine a group having no tank so having trouble to holding flag firmly but no one says tone down that harsh moment ^^ and is there any other spell/ability that dont work at pvp at all? except aggro management things. why conq should be only exception?

and its really nice balancing if funcom accepts such **** then conq have no bubble at magic dmg.. whoa thats no pvp thing so its not your concern i guess xD
    What did I just read? o_o
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

If u want nerf conq, u shouldnt touch other things but GoDS Retrib damage in general is what really worst thing in game mechanics nowdays. You do nothing and they are dying perfectly by killing themselves. Same applies to DT's CoI retrib damage tho. There shouldnt be abilties which giving good pvp result with no effort.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast