Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Conq bubble nerf

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Yes, coz a 160 dmg frenzy crit on a -25% armour rogue (that is, armour debuffed to 0%, then breach plus IF for -25% invuls) is an immense dmg figure, haha :P If I'm not wrong, a lot of dots and such don't proc GoDS and there is an internal cooldown. If there weren't u'd GoDS a necro to death during 20 secs of standing still, taking dots. The funniest one was retribution, which pretty much F***ed over nab demos, but alas it's gone
    You are completly wrong in ur understanding of GoDS mechanics Try make some tests with friend and you will see by yourself.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    You are completly wrong in ur understanding of GoDS mechanics Try make some tests with friend and you will see by yourself.
    This guy your quoting never believed that retaliation had an issue, I don't think you'll convince him on GoDS either...but even still, GoDS is hardly game breaking in pugs, I could see an argument for premades where focusing matters, but who does those.
    Doomsayer 2008

I suppose that the retributive damage of GoDS could be nerfed to the ground for PvP only, the same way Retaliation or Cunning Deflection were nerfed. For instance, in a duel between a barb and me today, the last damage he took before he died (what killed him) was GoDS retributive damage after hitting me, and I agree it is silly.

I've read some posts saying conq is fine, and I love playing my conq, especially after how bad it was in PvE before the last revamp. My suggestion is intended exclusively for PvP. Since it was possible to have Burst of Aggression work differently in PvE and PvP, or how T5 runes don't work in PvP, I assumed it could be possible to add a mechanic that, for PvP only, would make OtO useless (only if enemy players hit you, not mobs or bosses), because how a brute conq can't die in PvP can be a pain.

Anyway, what I, and - I guess - the people who have helped balance the conq in PvE, don't want is any changes to harm the class PvE-wise. And, if conq is fine as it is, fine by me. I like conq the way it is; I just felt I had it too easy to survive sometimes, but maybe I've just been lucky.
    Last edited by Patoson; 27th January 2016 at 01:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    I just felt I had it too easy to survive sometimes, but maybe I've just been lucky.
    Well i meant in pvp things could got slightly less effective, but not no effect at all at least in PLAYER'S skill feat etc. Not items. Items are completely different issue here.
    Anyway as you told it depends what they do and they HAD CHOICE (to not being stupid). I would agreed that if oto STILL HAD NOT PARTICLE effects but now everyone can see whats happening.
    I'm not sure if you know that but there is similar skills in hox/tos feat they absorb fire/elec dmg (and even tos have bubble absorb all dmg-though its cd is long) but no one says thats too op. Since stupid melees (ie. Atg decap spammers)cant heal them so no one did not angry why they hit and hes got healed like qq
    Ofc rly many classes uses melee dmg but they COULD STOP could do cc or sth...
    Btw you didnt defied my unbalanced group theory so i guess thats absolute so far. Actually i have no idea why ONLY melee absorb bubble deserve such post. Melees tends they cannot hold their pro-ness for a while? So to say, its their L2P issue not from conq.

So to retarded melees who even cannot see RED i BESEECH you STOP then i can finish them off (or at least make them bit wounded).
    Last edited by Lehudib; 27th January 2016 at 05:18.
    the who obsessed with stonesoup ;p

Of all things in regards to what's wrong with pvp and pvp balance, this is what we come up with ...

Sad.
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Lehudib View Post
    I'm not sure if you know that but there is similar skills in hox/tos feat they absorb fire/elec dmg (and even tos have bubble absorb all dmg-though its cd is long) but no one says thats too op.
    You don't exactly help your credibility if you compare conq to HoX and ToS in terms of "OPness". I could go into the details of the ToS bubbles you mention - but I think the more obvious answer is that any intelligent player will focus a ToS over a conq, and there is a reason for that.

In any case, the point isn't that OtO is easy to avoid - it is. The point is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post
    Overcome the Odds
    duration: 12s
    cooldown: 3m
    Blessed Conquest
    duration: 6s
    cooldown: 1m 30s
    On top of all that survivability from gear, that's not bad.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    Of all things in regards to what's wrong with pvp and pvp balance, this is what we come up with ...

Sad.
    I agree. You can count on one hand how many conqs are threats, who cares about the bubble. Now running shot, that's something to complain about...
    Doomsayer 2008

Alright. Seeing how good players disagree with me, and I think their opinion is the most useful, and seeing the drama I've caused, I would like to ask a moderator to lock this thread, because clearly my suggestion is pointless and, if there are any issues, it's not about what I wrote about.

As asked, here is the lock. You're free to discuss potential changes to conq abilities in a new thread.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345